Why does everyone hate this movie?

I saw one on Monday, but I don’t remember what it was called. :confused:

I got the DVD when it came out so I saw them both. So funny! 8D I have a feeling they’re hiding something pretty big and aren’t going to say anything about it until a little later. Something good. :slight_smile:

I hope so. Make all the haters eat their putrid words. :smiling_imp:

I’m actually really happy that Pixar’s barely said anything about Cars 2. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sure that Cars 2 will appeal to the ones that liked Cars.

Same! I think it’ll be better that way, and I don’t want to know ANYTHING besides what they show on the previews. I hate spoilers

Same here. :slight_smile: I can’t stand spoilers.

I suppose people didn’t connect with Cars as much as the other Pixar movies because it wasn’t universal enough (it’s a paean to old-style Americana, but not everybody understands the NASCAR or Route 66 culture) and it didn’t have human characters unlike the other films (it’s an alternate universe, unlike the other films in which the human world exists to an extent).

Personally I don’t have a problem with either of these factors. I come from a small-town and have watched it being developed and changed over time, sometimes at the expense of tradition and heritage, so I connected with the film’s themes. And I love cars, I watch car movies and TV shows like Top Gear all the time, so this is like a dream come true for me. The characters in Cars displayed human traits and emotions like jealousy, greed, and love, so I didn’t find it hard to emphatise with them unlike some of the non-fans.

I think Cars may not be the most intellectual, or most emotionally-wrought film from Pixar (that would have to go to Ratatouille and Wall-E for the former, and Up and Toy Story 3 for the latter), but it is certainly one of the most heartfelt and personal ones, especially with regards to John Lasseter. Hopefully he can bring that same brand of warmth and nostalgic charm to the sequel.

Cars 2 haters or Mater Haters… :stuck_out_tongue: But,yeah, I actually want to be spoiled right now,Iv’e waited long enough…and Cars Toons are kinda cute but the problem I have is…MATER… :imp: :whip: But other than that Cars Toons are kinda cute… :stuck_out_tongue: But really I think it’s mostly people jumping on the bandwagon,that or theyv’e only seen it one time…it’s sad really(I hate you imdb.com)

It’s not Pixar’s best, but I don’t think it’s a BAD movie

Same here. I don’t want to feel like I’ve seen the movie before its release, like with TS3.

Yeah, it felt so annoying knowing about chuckles all the time, or about lotso s motivations, or about the incinerator scene, or about bad buzz, OH WAIT…

Back on topic im not looking forward to cars 2, but hey I wasnt looking forward to up either, im sure cars 2 will be equal, if not better that cars

I think it will be better than Cars, but I love Cars myself.

It may not be that emotional, but I think it’s going to be cooler.

Yeah, I hope it will be the most action packed Pixar movie since the Incredibles.

Im gonna be honest cars is last on my list of films from pixar but i do like it i just dont have an emotional connection with it like i do other pixar films this is the order i like them in…

1.Toy Story 3
2.Toy Story
3.Toy Story 2
4.WALL-E
5.UP
6.The Incredibles
7.Monsters Inc.
8.A Bug’s Life
9.Finding Nemo
10.Ratatouille
11.Cars

I’m sorry you don’t love Cars , YouAreAToy!!! But maybe you’ll like the sequel more? :smiley:

Virginia, I think you meant Cars. :laughing:

Sorry. Fixed it.

Its not that i dont love cars it was an entertaining movie i just did not connect to the characters like i would connect to wall-e or jessie.