Will CARS 2 beat FINDING NEMO in Domestic Box Office ?

I usually don’t pay attention to domestic fares, usually just worldwide totals, so if it’s okay, I’m just going to talk in worldwide box office. :slight_smile:

It will not beat Toy Story 3. TS3 had a huge audience of new and old fans and a rep from 1 and 2, and even then, it was hopping along when it reached a billion. A billion is too much to ask. It probably won’t hit Up with 700 million, but it hasa good chance of beating the Incredibles with 631 million. Though 500 million is my minimum place…

I don’t pay attention to how much money a movie made at all. I just picked Cars because, well, I love Cars; like I said.
After all, I started loving Cars in 6th grade. The amount of money it made was unknown by myself and I still loved it with all of my heart. I can’t imagine this sequel being any different.
I did however pay attention to Toy Story 3’s sales because those were nuts.

I keep up with the money, but I don’t base my preferences on it. I just want to see who’s winning.

The only time that the Box Office numbers matter to me is if something big is happening (like when Toy Story 3 became the highest grossing animated film)

I could care less…as long as I enjoy the movie I’m fine… :stuck_out_tongue:

I just keep up because it can be useful information in an argument. And because I want my favorite to make more money. :smiling_imp:

Oh,yeah I didn’t think about that…Yeah I agree… :stuck_out_tongue:

I just obsess so much, that I end up reading the box office and articles and junk like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

after seen the excitement it has created with the latest information, I say YES, or at least it will barely come close to Nemo crossing the 315m, one thing is sure Cars 2 will be in the top 5 of the highest grossing films of the year,

Inflation included? Cos’ you know, people cheat with real-figure terms instead of adjusting for inflation.

Who knows? I wouldn’t mind either way, I love Finding Nemo and Cars, so I’m okay either which way.

I still don’t think it’s likely, but I’ll root Cars along. But, when it’s the same company, it’s no big deal if they don’t beat themselves at the box office. It’s just extremely good if they do. :stuck_out_tongue:

Definetly. Every kid I know is screaming for Cars 2,

Yeah, Cars is definitely more popular than Finding Nemo.

To the question in this thread, I quote the immortal words of Mark Wahlberg from The Departed:

“Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe go fish yourself.”

Or something like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, I’ll hope Cars 2 beats Finding Nemo, if only because I like to see Pixar keep improving themselves and raise the benchmark.

I think it’s unlikely, but whether it does or not, domestic box office isn’t something that paticularly bothers me personally. Pixar aren’t exactly broke.

Although putting “It Won’t Even Beat A Bug’s Life” came across as a bit mean rofl! Remember that whilst A Bug’s Life is the lowest grossing Pixar film in the US, it beat Toy Story worldwide :smiley: .

8D They’re definitely not poor after Toy Story 3. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree they don’t need the money, but I’d like cars 2 to come second only to TS3 in Box Office terms.

I’m sure it will, I mean no Pixar movie will ever beat Toy Story 3. I think they hit their limit of awesome. :stuck_out_tongue:

When I saw Rio this weekend, kids were laughing and excited. But they had that same level for every other film trailer on the screen. But I’m sure that more kids will turn up for this film since it has familier characters.

Ah, but see, with Pixar, there are no limits! :slight_smile: And I bet all of us here would love to see Cars 2 be a box-office success, no?

Interestingly, they showed the Kung Fu Panda 2 teaser (the semi-annoying one with Po’s ‘staring contest’) and the Cars 2 trailer 2 (the one where they played the Vantage Point theme they stole from Atli Örvarsson).

The kids in my audience enjoyed both. Remember the maniac woman laughing behind me? She had some kids (or it could be kids from another parent but they were sitting close by her). There was an excited boy who played along with Po’s staring game, and shouted “I’m still going! Going! He’s good!”

And then when the Cars 2 trailer came on, he was bubbly and saying “Oh! Cars 2! Finn McMissile!” like a classic Pixar fan.

So I think kids are equally excited for both movies, judging from that little boy and the other kids in my audience’s reactions. Strangely enough, they were less enthusiastic during Rio, whereas the adults (my friend and I, the enthusiastic woman, and a couple of other grown-ups) were more reactive with their loud chuckles and "HURRR"s during Blu’s failed romance attempts. 8D