Worst animated movies of all time?

The 1st what? Jungle Book? Seriously? I try to be very accepting of everyone’s diffrent tastes and opinons, but I have to ask, how can you think it’s one of the worst animated movies ever? It possess, quite possibly, the best animation, ever, in a movie. The way the characters move is absolutley incredible. Plus, it has really, great characters and awesome songs. I can understand you not liking it for whatever personal resesons, I guess…but to call it one of the worst ever…that’s just inaccurate.

DocKenobi You’ve taken the words right out of my mouth on this particular subject…

Calling one of the greatest Disney masterpieces which was in fact Walt Disney’s Last Movie one of the Worst, for me shows contempt.

The movie unlike most of the Tat disney toodled out in the Era after Disney’s Death…Until the Renaissance of the 80/90s and then after that Renaissance until Lasseter’s golden return in 2006 Provides much better fodder for this battleground…

The Jungle book is a Musical masterpiece, animation gold of classic proportions, from the Smallest role missing from the Final Edit (Rikkitickitavi- the Mongoose and “rocky” the rhino)

The Artistry might now appear dated… but we are talking about a film from the 1960s… and even in those dated frames more artistry and poise exists than in many of the Animated movies people have deemed passible in this topic…

It’s kind of weird how I love Shark Tale, and everyone else hates it, but I agree with you one all the other stuff.

I would probably choose Open Season. It bored me. Also, it had such an unoriginal story. And not only that, but I hate crude humor! (Which I guess makes Dreamworks movies some of my least favorite too.)

Pokemon 3 : Lord of the Unknown Tower was the waekest of the Pokemon franchise. The first Pokemon movie was great though.

Some people might get really annoyed when I say this, but I actually hate Snow White, it’s just… too old… There’s some other animated movies that I hate but they’re not really on my mind at the moment. I’ll come up with them later…

You don’t like Snow White?!?!?! :angry:

Too old… what is this world coming to? That film is a treasure… a priceless piece of animation and Disney history!!!

Anyway, my worst animated film of all time has to be “Happily N’ever After”. Even the title stinks. I mean, we would get that you’re saying ‘Never After’ without the apostrophe!!! Wierd, man. Just wierd. :confused:

Hoodwinked had great jokes and a great soundtrack, though! That definitely saved it. I do agree with you wholeheartedly about The Tale of Desperaux. It’s not a picture book, but that’s how it’s treated as a film, and that p’ed me off.

Edited for shouting. I also combined both of your posts. – Mitch

My cousin was watching Rollie Pollie Ollie and the Great Defender of Fun. It was TERRIBLE!!! It did’nt have any plot, nor did it make sense. Now I know what it’s like to watch TV as a NewBorn!

Worst animated movies…whoooo boy.

Okay, first of all, those stupid Land Before Time sequels. What are they on now? LBT #15? #20? #30?? And that god-awful cartoon show where they SING.

And secondly,Stuart Little 3. I watched it because the kids I was watching at the time wanted to watch, and I wanted to rip my hair out; it was so bad. I seriously thought I was going to die. Although a friend and I did have a lot of fun making fun of it at the time!

Shark Tale. For some reason, the first time I saw it, it was hilarious. But I guess that was because I was with a group of friends at the time and we were all loaded on sugar and just about anything we saw could’ve ended up being funny. But then I saw it by myself later and was like, “What was so funny about this? It’s a total Nemo ripoff!”

And then there’s Delgo…that horrible movie that came out last year. It was so bad. Bad script, bad story, bad characters. It was painful to watch. I stopped about halfway through.

Wow. Looks like we’re over-stocked on Aisle 9: Hostility Towards Animation.

First off, the Pokemon films. Yes, I hate Pokemon (a simple statement to represent my pure thoughts about the franchise), but the first film was fun and brilliantly done (my tears were mixed somewhere in that turmoil of Pokemon tears upon Ash’s supposed death), and to a lesser extent, so was the second one. In fact, The Spell of the Unown was getting good, too. “To Know The Unknown” was a beautiful song. That little girl whose name I forgotten was the main focus of the third film. The Japanese version was deeper, but more abstract. The American one was easier to understand, but more shallow and predictable.

When Pokemon 4Ever came along, however, it was like the time my eyes were burnt by the agonizing title of Shrek’s fourth film. Like the green monster, the Pocketed ones would go on forever, and ever, and ever, and ever…

…and ever… Similar to Land Before Time, but LBT is one of my personal favorites for two things:

1. I love dinosaurs, and I do mean it. I don’t proclaim my love for dinosaurs ten minutes after watching Jurassic Park. No, that’s stupid. :stuck_out_tongue: When I was a child, I had been studying these ‘terrible lizards’ from illustration books, before moving on to encyclopedias, then documentaries, and so on and so forth. Every little reference made towards dinosaurs in the early LBT movies was like the Pixar references made towards other Pixar movies in each Pixar feature to me. Sharp Tooth, Long Neck, and another one was Three-Horn or something. :laughing: Good ol’ days.

2. The songs. Delightful for a child. If you could enjoy songs played in in Toy Story 2 or even Cars, I don’t see why you can’t do the same for those in LBT. The one that was most memorable to me was The Legend of the Lone Dinosaur in LBT VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock. Can’t forget its western cowboy element.

Oh, and it’s #XIII 13 they’ve stopped at, FYI. :wink:

Rollie Pollie Ollie was a lot of fun to watch as a child. Insulting this one, labeling it plot-less is like calling Elmo annoying, or saying Barney’s a pedophile, or even saying Big Bird’s a big fat f… well, you get the point. :wink:

Happily N’ever After. Sure, it seemed like a rip-off, but doesn’t it also seem like an intelligent spin on the ever boring story of fairy tales? Always having the same ol’ boring happy endings? To me, a story like that is fun.

Hoodwinked… You gotta be kidding me. That is one of the great animated feature in its time. In today’s time, finding another film that uses such a twist on an old, classic fairy tale like that is rather rare (not including Pixar features or copycat rip-offs of this style of movie). I wouldn’t go as far as calling it a masterpiece, but it definitely deserves a B+. I would even dare to say it is as good as The Jungle Book and Snow White comes.

As for Fly Me To the Moon, it was probably the Toy Story of its time. If my source is correct, that film harnessed the use of a new technology to tell its story, astounding the audiences with its effects and, I believe, its story as well, but I’m not a real expert on this, so let this just serve as an opinion.

Nick Jr.'s Ni-Ho, Kai-Lan. Wow. That’s probably the worst piece of crap you can ever see. EVER!!!

I hope there isn’t any racial disdain within your judgment towards the quality of the show (you’ve misspelled “Hao,” the Chinese word for “Good” as “Ho,” BTW)… <_<"

Then again, most Nickolodean shows are getting crappy nowdays.

Oh, no! I’m sorry if you were offended, man. But no that show is pretty bad. :laughing:

Heh, no worries. Just that your statement was fueled with such intensity (and a word misspelled into something rather… awkward; “Ni” = You), I guess I jumped the line as well. :blush:

But yeah, it is kinda enriching to see such a cultural show in America teaching people about the Asian society. You don’t get this kind of ‘crap’ on TV nowadays. :frowning:

Whaat???! You cannot be serious, Over the Hedge was Dreamworks best film. Underrated in my opinion.

The worst in my opinion are.

Shark Tale
Spongebob movie
Madagascar
The Wild
Chicken Little

So is The Wild. Sure, it didn’t have the most heart-pounding plot, but compared to the true film that ripped it off, Madagascar, this movie is gold.

Yes, Madagascar ripped off The Wild, not the other way round. Get the equation right, people! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, are you still offended??? :confused:

Heck no. :laughing: I was just saying how the media doesn’t express Asian references in those kiddie shows on TV no more.

I still don’t understand what you’re trying to say.

(Also): A bad animated movie is Cats Don’t Dance. wow that sucked.

Bad ones in my book are titanic the animated movie and Fern Gully 2.

Part one of Fern Gully is awesome but they screwed everything up in part 2 ><