You Know You're a Fan of 'Up' When...

Great thread idea Rachel! :smiley:

Good one, Manning! Welcome to the boards, BTW.

Oh my Mitch, I hope your future son doesn’t get annoyed for you pushing him to sell cookies to little old ladies (or helping grumpy old men across their yard). :laughing: I should try yelling ‘Adventure is Out There’ from my balcony one day.

When you join the Cloud Watching Society (they do exist!) just to see if you can spot Carl’s house.

When you can identify a Cumulonimbus and tell when it’s going to rain.

When you take up Ornithological Studies as a course in the hopes of identifying what species Kevin is.

When you show your friends the new trailer to get them interested and express surprise when they tell you they’ve never seen it (This, I did).

When you start watching old adventure movies like the Indy series and Romancing the Stone (This, I want to do over the holidays)

When you look at an airplane and wonder [spoil]if a dog is flying it[/spoil].

When you imagine what your dog would say to you if it wore a translator collar.

thedriveintheatre - Puh-ha!! I literally burst out laughing at some of your answers. :laughing:

You know, I think I’ve heard of that “Cloud Watching Society”. The clubs people create, I tell ya’. I’d probably join it, though, even if Up didn’t exist. (snigger)

Too bad I’m never going to get married, because if I did I’d probably have a boy named Russell, and I would sign him up as a Boy Scout. :stuck_out_tongue:

• When you nick-name your grandfather Carl and follow him around with balloons.

• When you suddenly having a craving for chocolate around the clock.

– Mitch

…when you make a cartoon about the Cannes premiere of the movie…

[url]Cartoon Cannon - Cannes We See Up Yet? - YouTube

Welcome to the board aasimpy!

And I must say, that cartoon, (though not of PIXAR quality) did bring a smile to my face. Yes, I believe that does show your desire to see this movie.

…when you’ve memorized the teaser trailer music, and the full trailer music and are dying to hear the whole score!!!

…when you see the new Aflac commercial and stop everything to watch, even though you’ve seen it a hundred times.

…when all your friends don’t want to hear anything else about pixar, ever.

…when you see a bird out side move its head and the first word that comes to mind is “kevin”

…when you see the movie OPENING DAY!!!

aasimpy: XD that is great

“Oh yes! My favorite! The robot saved our planet.”

carlfredricksen: Not just opening day; the first available show time :smiley:

Mitch - Never get married? Well, I wouldn’t call matrimony off the list of things to do just yet, you still got a whole life ahead of you and who knows who you might meet? Unless you want to go all de facto:slight_smile:

Oh my gosh, what an awesome series, aasimpy! Did you make that? XD
Welcome to the boards!

You only fill your trolley/shopping cart with the following items…

Tip-Top’s Up bread

Sanitarium Up & Go

Roll-Ups

Freshen Up chewing gum

Oral-B Brush Ups

7-Up drink

Oh Chrysler:smiley:
I used to drink Up-and-Go just for breakfast all the time! Until I realised it wasn’t actually meant to replace a proper brekkie of eggs and bread. Or Tip-Top, for the latter. Maybe they should do a product tie-in like what Kung Fu Panda did with Kelloggs. Then again, maybe not.

When you actually ask your friend to take a picture of you next to the standee in the cinema lobby after watching Star Trek. :wink:

When you never look at a balloon quite the same way again.

When you actually start thinking of planning your next family trip to South America (the only continent besides Antarctica my family hasn’t visited, by the way).

When you grumble to anyone who would listen about the staggered release date for your country.

-When you become fascinated every time your dog sees a squirrel.

-When you color in all the ostrich pictures in your Biology book.

-When you watch that one MythBusters episode over and over and over and over and over and over…then wonder how many pounds Carl’s house must weigh…

• when your computer wallpaper, icons and screensaver shouts UP
  • when you made Up section in Pixar Planet your homepage, and visit it every five minutes to check any updates
  • when you’ve bookmarked RottenTomatoes page for UP to keep checking that the tomato meter shows 100%
  • when you’ve constantly hated Disney for postponing the premiere on your country

Actually, they calculated how many balloons it’d take to lift Carl’s house. The number was so huge, Carl’s house would appear as a tiny dot by comparison, so it was decided to cut the number down.

You know you’re obsessed when you post this in the Disney Claimer’s journal:

Yep, I love the movie so much I had to make the category for it more than a week before seeing the actual film.

You also know when you’re obsessed when you make it a point of pride to say you’re responsible for the creation of the category:

I seriously went, “YES!” when my request was accepted.

What Mythbusters?? I can’t find it! looks through DVR frantically

-You suddenly think it’s gonna be really cool to be an old lady

Wait, what?! We had a pixar theme Mythbusters and I missed it?! D8 Somebody PM me if they learn it’s gonna be on again.

-you watch the film, conciously noting what you’re going to comment on in the Pixar Planet Forums.

Off Topic: I don’t think there was a Pixar Mythbusters special. They just tested the whole floating things with balloons. I think Castoro Chiaro was saying that the people at Pixar did the calculations to see how many to put in the film to make it seem “reasonable” (as far reasonable as floating a house by balloons sounds anyway…)

LOL at the grocery list. :slight_smile:

• When you notice every time the word “up” comes… up… in conversations. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • When you make a forum for Up!

-When it kills you to not give anything away when you try to explain why Up is so great to people who haven’t seen the film yet

-When you browse the Disney Store and - SQUIRREL!

When you have [spoil]the sudden urge to pour prune juice in the gas tank of the vehicle of someone you don’t like[/spoil], a la what Carl did. :stuck_out_tongue:

• You start wishing you had a snipe for a pet
  • You dream of traveling to foreign lands in a house levetated by balloons
  • It breaks your Wall-E scale (I used to rate movies on a scale of 1-Wall-E, One being the worst Wall-E being the greatest…this broke the scale! ^_^)
    -[spoil] You dream of marrying a man like carl and having a life long adventure together
  • You try to create a collar to make your dog talk…I only wish I could really do such a thing…and that I had a dog… :unamused:
  • You have a need to start an adventure book of our own
  • You freak out whenever you see a squirrel.[/spoil]
  • You regret leaving the girl scouts… :cry:

Broke your WALL-E scale? That seems impossible! :laughing:

• When you do impressions of the characters.

I know! Doesn’t it! But I think it just broke the scale! lol. Actually I think that its about the same as Wall-E on the scale, so maybe now its the Wall-E Up scale. :smiley: