Your fav music genre...

For Rap, thereā€™s the GOOD.

Thereā€™s the BAD.

And thereā€™s the UGLY.

:slight_smile:

right now my music is pretty much this song <3

youtube.com/watch?v=Xm3njR6RdJg

I pretty much canā€™t listen to anything else without going back to this song xD

I like pretty much anything.Linkin Park,Lady Gaga,Breaking Benjamin,Evanescence,Beyonce,P!nk,Katy Perry,Rihanna,Chris Brown,Justin Bieber,Cascada,Hilary Duff,Lifehouse,Snow Patrol.I like some rap,and jazz,I also like Imogen Heap,and Enyaā€¦well you get the ideaā€¦ ;-p

Have you heard the silly-ness that is 'Ich Bin Ein Gummibar"?

I LOVE classical and jazz. The only rock music I can stand is Real Gone from Cars.

My favourites are Electronic, Indie Dance, House and Rock. :smiley:

I like a little bit of everything, but mostly rock, and classical music like Beethoven and Tchaikovsky. Pretty much the only music I canā€™t stand is screamo and heavy metal. Iā€™ll listen to rap and hip hop if it has a catchy beat.

Are there any other country fans in these parts? It always seems like people donā€™t like country too much.

I am an Electronica guy (Owl City ROCKS), and I also like rock (CRUSH 40).

Wow, youā€™re the first person Iā€™ve ever met who knows about Crush 40 :open_mouth:

ellie-jessie-eve, I like country! I like the videos sometimes too, how they tell a story (usually a sad one though).

Evil_Genius_27: Yay, someone else! Most people I know (outside of family and FFA) seem to hate country music! So itā€™s rare when someone says they like it. And I agree, there are a lot of great country music videos out there!

Hey, I like country, too! Iā€™m not much into music, but if I were going to make a choice my favorites would be movie soundtracks (particularly the score), country music, and Christian music. Besides that, I appreciate most music evenly. :sunglasses:

I like all of those! Yes, Justin Bieberā€™s songs are okay holds up flameshield but he is ugly.

Iā€™m suprised Iā€™m one of the few who actually likes all the big celebrity artists, though I do have a vast music taste. I guess thatā€™s what comes for listening to the radio too much :laughing:
Anything from film scores to hip-hop suits me (I HATE fast rap. Canā€™t stand it).

I donā€™t mind big celebrity artists, or hip hop, or pop. Iā€™m fine with listening to Lady Gaga, Toby Keith, and A Chorus Line one after the other, all though they are very very different!

But like Ami, I too dislike rap. Unless itā€™s German rap. German rap is just crazy awesome!

I usually choose New Age as my favorite genre.

Ironically, itā€™s still my favorite genre. Especially with ocean waves in the background.

I can appreciate honestly most all music even if I dislike it with a passion. Iā€™m not big into heavy metal (it usually gives me a headache) but I can at least appreciate the craftsmanship of it most of the time. Iā€™m also not fond of rap but I like the production values a lot of rap songs have.

I mainly listen to lots of rock and pop from the 60s-80s, but I like classical and early 20th century jazz too. But my #1 favorite genre?? Prog rock.

Progā€™s not for everyone but it can be so, so beautiful and satisfying by the time the songā€™s over. Often the longer the better, for me, but that also depends on how complicated the musicianship isā€”I prefer prog songs with a lot going on, as long as they pace themselves well.

some of my favorite prog ā€œmagnum opusesā€:

youtube.com/watch?v=UBmUX74aME0 - Close to the Edge - Yes (1972) [Probably my favorite song in existence]
youtube.com/watch?v=4PEQud2o ā€¦ re=related - Karn Evil 9 - Emerson, Lake & Palmer (1973)
youtube.com/watch?v=szJq1lwnkNw - Supperā€™s Ready - Genesis (1972)

My favorite genres are 70s, 80s, classic rock, progressive rock, and classical. I also sort of like jazz rock and blues rock, depending on what it is.

Lstely Iā€™ve been drawn more to prog. After listening to it, other music sounds like the same old simple thing to me.

Iā€™ve been into Genesis a lot lately, any era, Phil Collins or Peter Gabriel. There was a third singer for one album, but I havenā€™t heard him enough to judge his songs.

I consider Genesis and Chicago to be my favorite bands. I havenā€™t been listening to Chicago as much lately because it honestly makes me a little sad because I play the trumpet and Iā€™ve missed band a lot since Iā€™ve graduated from high school.

I listen to a lot of different genres (jazz, do-wop, Latino, techno, etc.)

Whenever I listen to Latino (which is Spanish music, of course) I usually listen to either Orishas or Gipsy Kings.

I say early rap is better than todayā€™s rap. (Think: MC Hammerā€™s ā€œU Canā€™t Touch Thisā€)

Sometimes, I listen to Dubstep. (i.e. Deadmau5)

And, in terms of repeating a favorite song during playback, all my favorites are usually based on beat and rhythm.

I have a passion for hip-hop music itā€™s my all time favorite genre, but I donā€™t mind me some rock.

I love listening to hard rock and heavy metal. However, I can listen to just about anything.
Except country. My feelings for it can be summed up like this: :imp: