The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Tarzan
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Princess and the Frog
Enchanted
The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Give me the music by Alan Menken and Danny Elfman and I’m happy. Besides them I also like:

Pixar music
Pretty much everything from the Disney movies
Harry Potter (all six)
Ice Age (all three)
The Phantom of The Opera

James Newton Howard - Sam’s Gone (I Am Legend)
Hans Zimmer - Once Upon A Time in Africa (Madagascar 2)
Hans Zimmer - Heart of A Volunteer (Pearl Harbour)
Randy Newman - A Bug’s Life Suite (A Bug’s Life)
Randy Newman - The Cleaner (Toy Story 2)
Michael Giacchino - Married Life (UP)
Michael Giacchino - Stuff we did (UP)
Randy Newman - Bad Buzz (Toy Story 3)
Randy Newman - Cowboy! (Toy Story 3)
Patrick Doyle - Quidditch World Cup (Harry Potter 4)
Nicholas Hooper - Flight of The Order Of The Phoenix (Harry Potter 5)
Nicholas Hooper - The Weasley Stomp (Harry Potter 6)
John Powell - Meet Bolt (Bolt)
James Newton Howard - The Egg Travels (Dinosaur)
Hans Zimmer - King of Pride Rock (Lion King)
Mark Mancina - Overture From The Haunted Mansion (The Haunted Mansion)

That’s strange. You have three Harry Potter tracks and none of them are from the scores of John Williams.

Why is that so strange Spirit of Adventure?

Well, you know… John Williams Harry Potter scores were widely acclaimed (two Oscar nominations out of two), while the rest of them weren’t so much. So it’s strange that you have a track for each movie except for his.

I love “Married Life” from Up. I listen to it everyday <3

Also I love all the scores from Princess and the Frog :smiley:

Star Wars saga
Indiana Jones quadrilogy
Pixar’s films (Mainly TS Trilogy, ABL & Cars)
Edward Scissorhands
Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy
The Dark Knight
The Lion King
Harry Potter series
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
Spider-Man trilogy

I love scores and instrumental music. My brothers alwasy ask me where my “real” music is :slight_smile: And it’s pretty much all Pixar :wink:

One Summer’s Day - Joe Hisaisha (Spirited Away)
So Long - Randy Neman (TS3)
Infintity and Beyond - Randy Newman (Toy Story)
Andy’s Birthday - Randy Newman (Toy Story)
Married Life & Carl Goes Up - Michael Giacchino (Up)
Define Dancing - Thomas Newman (Wall-E)
ANYTHING from Monsters, Inc
Ratatouille Main Theme & Wall Rat - Michael Giacchino (Ratatouille)
Nemo Egg - Thomas Newman (Finding Nemo)

How about a top ten?:

10: Halloween. About 75% of why this movie is awesome is because of the score. It’s one of my favorite horror scores, and the extreme creepiness of it gave me nightmares for years when I first saw it at a young age. This was my first R rated movie, and while the movie isn’t as great as the first time I saw it, the score keeps on getting better. [url]- YouTube

9: Cinema Paradiso. A lot of you may not know about this movie, but if you do then kudos! It is an Italian film about a young boy whose love for movies shapes his entire life. I’m not going to spoil it, but this song plays during the final scene, and I have to admit it is one of the only times I have ever cried during a movie (outside of Pixar of course). Just let the music do the talking. [url]Cinema Paradiso "soundtrack final" "Tema finale" "final theme" - YouTube

8: Toy Story 3. The first of four Pixar films here, but for good reason. Pixar movies have unusually outstanding scores and almost always get nominated for the Oscar in that category. I think the same will happen to Toy Story 3 next year. It’s a perfect blend of nostalgia and originality while being action-packed yet sad at the same time. My favorite one would have to be The Claw, but to give an example of the nostalgic effect, here’s Cowboy! [url]- YouTube

7: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Now this is sort of cheating since most of the movie’s score is just an instrumental version of “Pure Imagination”, but is that a bad thing? I love the opening and the ending as it is super creepy, and mysterious. The score is perfect for the theme of a child, as it perfectly portrays kid’s feelings to be adventurous, magical, and all around fun. I couldn’t find a score piece, so here’s the song that started it all. [url]- YouTube

6: Schindler’s List. So emotional! Moving on… [url]Schindler's List Soundtrack-08 Auschwitz-Birkenau - YouTube

5: Ratatouille. Today is a sad day because I don’t own this album. This is so good I wish I could put it higher, but I love the other 5 more. It is an amazing score for any movie, and it had to be Pixar. It might just be my favorite aspect of the movie, and I have no idea what is my favorite piece because I love them all. Giacchino you are awesome! Here’s the main theme. [url]Ratatouille Main Theme - YouTube

4: The greatest horror movie score ever, from the greatest horror movie ever. The Shining has two distinctive styles of music in it with several different variations. The first is the ball theme. It is very creepy, but at the same time when you here it play you have the strange feeling of safety and know nothing can harm you in the movie while it plays. How wrong you’d be about that. The second theme is the overall scary theme. It starts off heavy on the wind instruments and half way through it switches gear to the strings. The tapping violins resemble spiders. My favorite one is when Wendy reads Jack’s writing, but I can’t find that score.
Ball theme: [url]Ratatouille Main Theme - YouTube
Creepy theme: [url]- YouTube

3: Up. My next to last Pixar score is Up, but you may have seen that one coming. We all know how great it is and how it won the Oscar and all, but I love it for many reasons. The Married Life score is my favorite (predictably), but there’s so many other great scores like when Carl lifts off, when he reads the adventure book, and when he gives Russell the Ellie Badge. Every time I hear an Up score it sends a chill down my spine, and that alnoe deserves the number 3 spot.
[url]Pixar's Up Soundtrack - Track 3: Married Life - YouTube

2: Brazil. I love this movie as I love this score, but it’s so mesmorizing. Sound familiar? I thought so. The useage of typerighters for the beat is brillaint and the end swell is my favorite bit. Now the rest of the scores are great too, but none are as good or famous as this. When Pixar released the trailer for Wall-E they had one score in mind. I don’t think anybody has a problem with that decision.
[url]Brazil The Office By Terry Gilliam film 1985 -Soundtrack- - YouTube

Wall-E Yah, yah I’ve said this a million times before, but Wall-E is my favorite film ever on a bar above anything else including other Pixar hits. I have been trying for over 2 years to find a flaw in it no matter how small, but to this day it remains perfect. It is simply the perfect score in the perfect movie and is unbelievable. My favorite would probably have to be Eve, but chosing my favorite Wall-E piece is like chosing my favorite child (if I had any). I also love Define Dancing, The Axiom, First Date, M-O, The Repair Ward, What Love is All About, No Splashing No Diving, Desperate Eve, Horizon 12.2 (I think it’s called), and my personal second favorite: Static amongst countless others. But like I said, it’s impossible to claim one’s favorite piece and if you hear it you may as well here all of it. So here’s a video stringing together the best bits from the soundtrack, although quite alot of memorable pieces are missing. [url]- YouTube

PHEW What do you think?

I’ve always thought Batman Forever had a wondeful score (the opening sequence score), one of the most underrated ever, perhaps the movie being so avergae drags it down. youtube.com/watch?v=0mBttGsc-T4

I love the score for E.T: The Extraterrestrial by John Williams. The movie wouldn’t be what it is without that brilliant score. I have a lot of favourite scores, a lot of them are Pixar ones, I’ll post a list later.

Charlie Bartlett! Those piano pieces are so jazzy.

There aren;t many I would go out of my way to listen to, so that makes my all-time favourites very special:

Aladdin (favourite of all time; my mum would play the soundtrack for us on the way to primary school every day)

Bad Eggs (a fantastic original score by Dave Graney and Claire Moore for the quirky Australian comedy)

Other great scores that I’ve really appreciated over the years are:

Star Trek: First Contact
Stargate
Superman
Spider-Man
Back To The Future
Most classic James Bond scores
and of course all Pixar scores :smiley:

I need to add Pocahontas and Up to my list!

Well, as I said earlier, I love all of Pixar’s scores, but loved them so much I never really listened to other movie soundtracks until recently, and I’m really liking some of them. I’ve recently started liking Beauty and the Beast and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’s scores. Next, I’ll be trying out Bolt.

Same here Grace! I llisten to Pixar scores all of the time, because I love them so much. And there’re so many, do you really need to listen to anything else? :smiley:

I’ve been enjoying a song from How To Train Your Dragon… Test Drive… I feel like a betrayer :smiley: But the music is beautiful, I’ve got to hand it to 'em. Pirates of the Caribbean also has some great music.

I’ll have to add the Inception score to my list. The soundtrack is just amazing, especially Mind Heist and Time.

Me too, I love it. But I like ‘Time’ and ‘528491’ the most.

Recently, I’ve been digging the new Ghibli soundtrack for The Borrower Arrietty. I’m a big fan of Joe Hisaishi’s scores, but I’m thankful that they took a very different direction for this film. Has anyone heard it yet? Grooveshark is streaming it here: listen.grooveshark.com/#/album/K … hi/4665306