your newest dvd to your collection

lizardgirl - Woah – I can’t believe you waited this long to get it! Heheh – no

offense. :wink:

Although, I have to admit that what you pay for it is a little high, considering the fact

that bonus features are in short supply on that dvd. On the plus side, the menus sure are cool lookin’! :smiley:

Well, I am not sure if it counts

as a DVD, but I had recently just got the DVD of my last choir concert way back in December.

The last DVD that I bought? Uh… I think it was Gorillaz: Demon Days Live. But that was a few weeks ago…

I got a bunch of SNL DVDs for Christmas, along with another season of Friends.

I just realised none of

those are actual ‘movies’ XD

I managed to find the first season of Creature Comforts

by Aardman Studios, I just love claymation :smiley:

It’s the most expensive DVD I own but I think thats because

its region 1 (I live in region 2)… It’s got the making of and the original creature comforts that won an

oscar… I could wacth it over and over :smiley:

Lanny - Haha – I love [i]Creature

Comforts[/i]! My dad has a dvd of it, too. I used to watch it all the time. :smiley:

I’m not sure if

this counts, but I got a couple of dvds for Christmas that I had wanted for some time, one of them being

Mouse Hunt. Funny movie. I almost wet my pants from laughing when I saw it in

theaters. :stuck_out_tongue:

Other than that, I haven’t bought any dvds with my own money as of late. The next dvd I’ll

probably buy myself will be Ratatouille. :wink:

Mitch- Mouse Hunt rocks. I think I’ll go search for

it later to watch … I miss that film. I used to watch it 24/7 when it came out. My favorite bit is when they

ended up blowing a hole in the floor. xD

Bambi 2 is one that I want on DVD. I

didn’t see the whole thing, just some bits on TV, and it looked good. Not the best, but enjoyable.

I’m

waiting for Marie Antoinette to come out on DVD. I’m only watching it for Steve

Coogan though. x3

FONY - Haha – yeah, so did I. I know the whole thing by heart, I’ve watched it so

many times. (snigger)

Bambi 2 wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be,

actually. My dad got it for my sisters and I and I watched it just out of curiousity and generosity – heheh.

Although the story and overall plot-line of the thing could have been a little better, I must say that the

animation is incredible. :slight_smile:

Mitch- The less times I see a film, the more I like it. :smiley:

Sammeh- Oh, Demon Days Live is great. I would have done anything to have

been there!

lizardgirl - How

horrendous. You don’t like to learn the whole movie so you can show off to your friends? :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing:

(snigger) I’m just kidding. Interesting “technique”. So the more times you see a film,

the less you like it? How interesting. I find that kind of cool. :smiley:

But I’m getting off-topic.

Heheh.

lizardgirl -

Yeah, it would be amazing to see it live… I love concerts. Haven’t gone to many, though. Not big ones that like

that. But live performances have great atmosphere’s to begin with.
The only thing about my DVD is that Hong

Kong and Latin Simone don’t work on it. It freezes on both, no matter how I try to get to them. -sigh-

Mitch- Yep, that’s how it works, except on very rare occassions when I do need to

see a film again immediately after seeing it for the first time. Even some of my most favourite films of all

time, such as Artificial Intelligence, I’ve only watched a few times, but that doesn’t matter because when I do

watch it, it’s an amazing experience, and something that wouldn’t happen if I saw it every other day.

Sammeh- The only gig I’ve been to is Kasabian, and they were pretty good.

Aww, that’s a shame about Hong Kong and Latin Simone! Latin Simone is such a great song, and it’s brilliant to

see the original Latin Simone, so to speak, sing it, even if it is just a recording.

The last three

DVDs I bought are:

Rodgers’ and Hammerstein’s Cinderella (the 1965

version)
Pirates of the Caribbean 2
[i]The Princess

Bride[/i] 2-disc special “Buttercup Edition”

Next on my list:
[i]Night

at the Museum[/i]
Princess Diaries and [i]Princess Diaries

2[/i] in one combined volume
Galaxy Quest

I’ll probably need

to go to Amazon for the last two…

lizardgirl

• That’s true. The experience is more more “life-like” and exhilarating if you haven’t watched it in

a while. I wish I had the “ability” to do that, but I just can’t stand viewing one film under five

times. :wink:

KE - Heheh – I just watched [i]The Princess

Bride[/i] on tv lastnight. Funny stuff. My dad almost bought it on dvd, but changed his mind at the

last minute. What kind of bonus features does the 2-disc special edition version of the film contain, if I may

ask?

[quote="Fairly Odd

New Yorker"]
I’m sooo behind on Disney DVDs. I’ve been meaning to get special editions for so long. They get

expensive once they’re ‘back in the vault’. I know, 'cause I recieved a used [i]'Beauty and the

Beast’[/i] but it didn’t have disc 2 that I wanted- I think they’re going for 40 bucks. At least, I

know ‘Sleeping Beauty’ is. xP
[/quote]

Oh goodness. I have

“Beauty and the Beast- Special Edition” but don’t get too excited… there’s a sad part to this story.

This was about the first DVD I ever bought and I was really excited too, since it is my favorite Disney movie.

The DVD has some old-school menu things they used to do when they first came out… but it was good none the

less. The 2nd disc had a lot of great behind the scenes stuff and it was all beautiful. Well, I watched it a few

times when I first bought it but then I left it alone for a few months. I randomly had the urge to watch it one

day only to find the 2nd disc completely ruined. I don’t know what happened but there’s this huge mark on it

like someone spilled something on it. Although the first disc still works, the second disc barely gets to the

front menu… :cry:

The vault system is basically for money, of course. Disney does not want you to buy

a movie just once… they want you to buy new and improved versions several times. With the vault system, Disney

is able to re-release their movies in different editions… this is why the Harry Potter series has also recently

“gone into the vault”.

It’s a shame too… I’m really hankering to watch

“Hercules”…

lizardgirl - I suppose

i could find it on the net somewhere. But the quality would be horrible… and it just doesn’t feel right.

Oooh, yeah. I think I’m going to have to get Night at the Museum when it comes out too. I really like

that movie.

I have tendancy to watch things over and over again… probably shouldn’t because after

awhile it just… well, I don’t like it so much.

I’ll admit the more I watch a

film I’ll get bored of it, but that just causes me not to watch it for a long period of time, and when I see it

again it feels brand new. The only movie I ever got completely sick of was Incredibles. I guess there was just

too much hype and I’ve lived with an insane fanatic at camp who couldn’t stop talking about it for one single

second. @_@

Back on topic- I didn’t recently buy this film, but I finally saw it and it rocked.

The Brothers Grim. What was even cooler is it’s directed by Terry Gilliam worship

a former Python. x3

[size=92]Cars is the most recent DVD added to me and my brother’s collection.[/size]

I recently purchased [b]The Parole

Officer[/b] but I’ve got my eye on the Narnia deluxe set … thingy. :smiley:

CARS!

In

this awesome looking

case:

[img]http://bp0.blogger.com/_nIqrDPD-Np8/RYHEQM0ZJII/AAAAAAAAAAg/Lhd_x70Hm5U/s320/carstin

.jpg[/img]

:sunglasses: I love to be Austrian. :sunglasses:

[size=92]Groaning - HOLY SHOOT! O__O -foams at mouth- Me want!

Lol.[/size]