Your Up Reviews

[spoil]1.) Muntz has three balloons caught on his ankle, but of course they don’t help him stay afloat, and he falls to his death
2.)Both, The last scene has Carl and Russell eating ice cream on the curb, but the last shot of the film is Carl’s and Ellie’s house right where Ellie always dreamed it would be, next to paradise falls
3.) No, I was wondering about that…
4.) The first credits are the adventure book that now reads “My New Adventure Book” the new is just a scrap piece of paper taped on, the pages show Carl, Russel, and Dug doing things like going to see Star Wars, having a picnic on the hill that Carl and Ellie used to have their’s, and Carl (now a wilderness explorer leader) taking Russel and his troop to the South America exhibit at the zoo Carl and Ellie worked at[/spoil]

[spoil]I came up with a fair explanation today that explains why he doesn’t have to go…
I think he probably could’ve sold some of Muntz’s treasures to get money which he could use to hire a lawyer, so he could sue Shady Oaks or get a new trial, where he could get out of his Shady Oaks sentence.

Of course, that’s just an idea, but it’s somewhat logical, and would explain a lot.
[/spoil]

I just saw Up at a screening in San Francisco. Right now I’m still soaking in how incredible it is, all I can say right now is that even after all the hype I had for it, it exceeded my expectations.

More later…

I’m seeing Up this Tuesday in my city for a press screening and I’ll bring you a full review that night, or the next morning.
:slight_smile:

Just saw Up!! :smiley:
It was a breathtaking emotional rollercoaster. It’s not to be missed. Very different from the other Pixar movies but it still retains the Pixar charm.
I’m getting my thoughts together and working on the review for Upcoming Pixar, once that’s done, I’ll update here.
P.S. Sorry about the double post. :blush:

I loved up. I saw it at Pixar on the 11th (and went on the tour of the studio) and I thought it was amazing. AMAZING its a complete 180 from wall-e and takes you to even new heights. I loved wall-e 120% but UP is even better. It just may be my new favorite pixar film. That is, until the next movie they put out. Its easy to see why they are the company to beat when it comes to putting out animations because nothing ever tops them.
Im actually planning on going to see it again in 3-d tomorrow when I get off of work. I might even leave work early.
Ha. Take that boring stiffs that I work for! :smiley:

Ok, so here’s my Up Review that I posted on Upcoming Pixar but forgot to post here. I’ve deleted the spoilerific part, you’ll have to click here to see it: pixarplanet.com/blog/upcoming-pi … ypixars-up

"First you’ll laugh hysterically, then you’ll tear up, soon enough you’ll be at the edge of your seat and before you know it, you’re back again chuckling!

That’s how I’d describe my experience watching Up, the story of a curmudgeon that gets a new lease on life, in other words an emotional roller coaster! It’s a pretty strange story, but as usual, Pixar handles it perfectly. Don’t expect a WALL•E, Ratatouille or Cars; Up is entirely different and stands alone, the only obvious similarities are optimum care taken to make the best story possible and the signature Pixar charm! I even think, contrary to popular belief, this story could possibly be more appealing and accessible than previous outings, but it’s just as sophisticated."

In between: pixarplanet.com/blog/upcoming-pi … ypixars-up

“Verdict — 10/10: To conclude my review, Pixar is 10 for 10 in my book, Up has got to be one of Pixar’s best efforts yet and that’s saying A LOT! It’s no surprise Pixar’s 10th film is still at %100 with 30 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and that audiences from Cannes to Hollywood have thoroughly enjoyed it. I just have to say that Up is NOT to be missed, it surely won’t float away in your memory, cross your heart and promise me that you’ll see it opening weekend!”

Review originally posted May 27th, 2009.

Besides themselves. :stuck_out_tongue:
Pixar is the only company capable of topping Pixar… I think that’s so true too. Every year I see the latest Pixar film, I always think there is no way they could ever possibly top themselves, or any other company… Yet somehow they always seem to do so with each film released.

I’m going to be seeing Up tomorrow, first thing when I get up. So I’ll be sure to have my opinion and hopefully a review for it tomorrow.

Just saw UP this morning, still in awe. Not to into draw out reviews but I will say this. What made me like UP the most is the fact that they we’re able to let loose a little more with the PG rating, same as The Incredibles, it bought the reality of it to a whole new level. :-D)

Will be seeing this one again…:sunglasses:

:mrgreen:

I just got back from Up, and I don’t see why I’m typing this right now (I feel the urge to do this review right now due to my excitement), because I am simply lost at words with how beautiful the film was. That should say enough to all of you for whether it is good or not…
I’m just absolutely surprised with EVERYTHING this film had to offer - watching previews online won’t give you any of the emotion, the (Dare I say) tear-jerker moments, the humor, and the edge-edge-of-your-seat suspense that the actual film has. This is just the film you HAVE to see to truly see how beautiful it is.

This might be a Cliché sentence for me, as I seem to say it with every Pixar film that blesses the big screen, but I TRULY, believe Up is THE best Pixar film to date… And Definitely will stand out as the best film of the year. 10 out of 10 from me. Heh, I would give it 15 out of 10 if that was possible.

Now to keep my review short and simple - I hope my sense of emotion I put into this convinces you enough to see it right away… But that’s what dawns to me right now - what the heck are you doing reading reviews? GO SEE UP ALREADY!!!

Hey everyone!

Check out my/our video review of UP here:

youtube.com/watch?v=t9EywFvFBYE

Be sure to watch it in HD and also comment on what you think.
If you dig the review or any of our others, please subscribe.

For animation fans we’ll be reviewing Ponyo on August 14th and Princess and the Frog on December 11th, so be sure to check back on those dates as well.

Thanks for watching!

-Alex (bennifer3000)

Well, I just saw Up. I can’t even begin to describe how amazing it is. With characters so great, such strong emotions, brilliant visuals and music, and such great charm, it’s by far the best Pixar film. If you thought Toy Story, WALL-E, or Ratatouille was good…wait until you see this.

Best gag:
[spoil]When Carl and Muntz each snap their backs at the same time as they’re about to hit each other. Really funny, considering the ridiculous context.

I also loved the newsreel in the beginning when the announced went “…and he vows to never return until he finds it!” Then Muntz repeats the exact same thing. Nobody in the theater really found that too funny except me…it really shows the corniness of the reel.[/spoil]

As for Partly Cloudy, I thought it was in the lower tier of Pixar shorts. It was alright, and I loved the relationship between Gus and Peck, but it didn’t really go anywhere.

I give Up four stars! Though my offical UP reweiw is not finished yet. :slight_smile:

It was simply AMAZING!!! But, guess what? There was no Partly Cloudy. It was an amazing movie though.

It was GREAT! Here is my review on a scale from one to ten.

Up (2009):
Sadness:9.00
Funny Stuff: 8.00
Emotion: 10.00
AWESOMENESS:99.00
I would say its Pixar’s 4th best. Top 5:
1.Toy Story 2
2.Cars
3.Toy Story
4.Up
5.Wall.E

Just got back.

What a fantastic movie. The story delivered big time, but I knew it would. I was surprised at how much I like the 3D. I’m not a fan of the technology, usually finding it gimmicky. This time it was – appropriately for Pixar – non invasive and more depth-based than “pop-out” schitck. (Ain’t that Pixar in a nutshell?)

Maybe spoilers? …

I find a particular poignancy in the juxtaposition of [spoil]Carl and Muntz. Both suffer from over-dedication to satisfying a tragedy long past.[/spoil] Thankfully, our hero is able to healthily overcome this. The fashion in which he does this is so beautifully structured: the moment he must[spoil] internally release himself, he too must literally release the contents of his symbolic home[/spoil] in order to progress the plot. Brilliant. Brilliant visual storytelling.

Well, I just saw the movie. Here is my review.

Once again, Pixar has made another amazing movie. The story was so incredible. It was full of adventure, laughs, and of course, it was a fun story. THe characters were not only believeable, but lovable. I fell in love with Carl the very minute I saw him. His passion for adventure kinda reminded me of myself when I was younger. The love between him and Ellie was spot on gorgeous. But I believed the chemestry between Russell and Carl was really amazing. Ed Asner and Jordan Nagai were perfect for their charcters.

There were parts in the movie where the pace was slowed down, like [spoil]Carl’s life from marriage to Ellie’s death.[/spoil] or when[spoil] Carl finally reaches his destination with Russell, Dug, and Kevin all gone.[/spoil] It was those moments where I felt it was kinda too slow for me, but the result really was the treat. The scenes where it felt slow really were the most powerful, and often times tearjerking parts of the movie.

On to my favorites:

My absolute favorite character is this movie was Dug. HIs character was the most adorable out of all of them. Dug reminded me of my pupy. I sometimes wonder what he is thinking when I say something to him. Now I know. I really paid attention to Dug throughout the entire movie.

The music was one of my favorites out of every PIxar movie music. I really got a sense of heart, adventure, and love all in one package.

Overall, Pixar once again delievers. This movie will make you laugh and cry. It will encourage you to seek out your own adventures and to meet and explore different possibilities as well.

I’d love to review this, but I’m still having trouble compiling words.

I STUMBLED out of that theater. STUMBLED. I was in SHOCK. I kinda stayed like that for a while before regaining the ability to speak fully.

WOW. Just…WOW.

EDIT: No, wait, one thing.

[spoil]it’s the boring moments I remember most[/spoil]

I CRIED.

Haha, I know exactly how you feel. I was exactly the same way as you when I stepped out of the theater today… Lost at words for the next 4 hours.

I really liked it, the Snipe and Doug where absolutely great. I have a few problems with pasing, and with russel, but I’ll work on a more lengthy review to discuss that.

THUMBS UP!

Also was anyone else completely shocked when [spoil]Carl hit the man on the head and he started bleeding[/spoil]???