Pixar Planet

Your Friend the Rat

Talk about your favorite Pixar short films here. Pixar shorts include The Adventures of André & Wally B., Luxo Jr., Tin Toy, Red's Dream, Geri's Game, Knick Knack, For the Birds, Mike's New Car, Boundin', Jack Jack Attack, One Man Band, Mater and the Ghost Light, Lifted, Your Friend the Rat, Presto, BURN•E, Partly Cloudy, Dug's Special Mission, Day & Night, and the Toy Story Toons.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby lord_zedd » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:12 pm

I think this is one of the most funniest shorts pixar has ever made, the most funny part is the videogame part with the soldier holding the rats and then battling the giant rat.
lord_zedd
Toy Collector

Postby K9Girl » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:19 pm

lord_zedd wrote:I think this is one of the most funniest shorts pixar has ever made, the most funny part is the videogame part with the soldier holding the rats and then battling the giant rat.

Yes! I love that part! :D
K9Girl
Master Scarer

Location: Warning my friends about the free pistachio ice cream

Postby love70ways » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:30 pm

We were just learning about the Bubonic Plague in APEuro, and I made sure my teacher knew that fleas were the actual carriers of the disease, not rats.

Thank you Your Friend the Rat.
love70ways
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Evangeline » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Hahaha good job, Sean :D I love this short, especially the song at the end. I laughed so hard during the whole thing. It's one of the shorts my brother's love
I'm a proud Pixarteer!
Evangeline
Master Scarer

Postby K9Girl » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Friday I was writing a paper on the Black Plague, so I listened to Your Friend the Rat while writing. :lol:
K9Girl
Master Scarer

Postby alisonnn17 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:33 am

lord_zedd wrote:I think this is one of the most funniest shorts pixar has ever made, the most funny part is the videogame part with the soldier holding the rats and then battling the giant rat.
That was definitely the funniest part! This short is adorable, and I like how they filled it with so much information. It really made it unique; This is one of my favorites next to BURN-E, Lifted & Boundin :)
alisonnn17

Re: Your Friend the Rat

Postby The Star Swordsman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:33 pm

I saw this on TV last weekend. It is now one of my favorite shortss because of it's historical aspects
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:59 am

The Star Swordsman wrote:I saw this on TV last weekend. It is now one of my favorite shortss because of it's historical aspects

I liked the historical aspects as well, I enjoyed learning about how rats have contributed and effected human history.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Leirin » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:43 pm

This is one of my favorites! Worth the length, and very amusing, especially Remy and Emile's naturally biased viewpoint on the situation, haha. The animation is so neat. And as others have mentioned, I love the Beatles cameo :)
"Is it all gonna be this interactive?"
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Leirin wrote:This is one of my favorites! Worth the length, and very amusing, especially Remy and Emile's naturally biased viewpoint on the situation, haha. The animation is so neat. And as others have mentioned, I love the Beatles cameo :)

I like all the cameos in it. I also like the cheesy "We'll follow you" number at the end, and how upset Remy gets about the disclaimer.
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:44 am

ellie-jessie-eve wrote:
The Star Swordsman wrote:I saw this on TV last weekend. It is now one of my favorite shortss because of it's historical aspects

I liked the historical aspects as well, I enjoyed learning about how rats have contributed and effected human history.

I agree. I never cared for rats to begin with, but now being a History Major, I have become facinated with their origins. I wish I could have my little brother feel the same. he has a phobia of rats.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:07 am

The Star Swordsman wrote:I agree. I never cared for rats to begin with, but now being a History Major, I have become facinated with their origins. I wish I could have my little brother feel the same. he has a phobia of rats.

You're a history major? That's awesome. I have a passion for history. And I agree, I enjoy learning how animals have influenced history.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Leirin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:51 pm

IncredigirlVirginia wrote:I like all the cameos in it. I also like the cheesy "We'll follow you" number at the end, and how upset Remy gets about the disclaimer.

LOL, the disclaimer is great. I actually tried reading/listening to all of it. 8D
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby K9Girl » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:58 pm

^ I know! If you read the whole thing, it's hilarious. 8D
K9Girl
Master Scarer

Postby Leirin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:26 pm

Anyone know who they got to narrate it all?
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

PreviousNext

Return to Pixar's Short Films