Pixar Planet

The Importance of A Bugs Life...

Talk about Pixar's A Bug's Life here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Blessed Light » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:33 pm

I've never really heard too much bad reviews or opinons on "A Bug's Life", but if I did, I know I'd start to get really defensive... :x I was FURIOUS when I read so many bad reports and criticism about "WALL-E"...and that's when I wrote a letter (mostly to myself) about why I thought those people were mistaken and wrong (CHECK OUT THE LETTER IN THE WALL-E FORUM!). I also wrote a similar letter when I read a poor review about "Cars" (this letter is in the CARS forum, too...)
I think the bottom line is this: when people dislike certain stories and/or films, there is either a problem with the way the story is told or the audiences’ failure to understand it. One does not have to be a writer or filmmaker to appreciate a good story; one just has to be a good audience and listener.
People who want to be entertained have lost the art of living. They want the story just to speak for itself and don't even try to immerse themselves in the characters and their struggles and triumphs.

Anyways, I think this applies for people when they overlook "A Bug's Life". I, for one, am NOT going to overlook such a wonderful film as this one!
K.M.R.F.
Blessed Light
Shark Bait

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Are you trying to sell those cars? Because we're not supposed to do that.
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby YouAreAToy!!! » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:06 pm

The reason the thread died is cause there not much to say but ABL ROCKS :!: and then leave.....
Mr. Potato Head: It was cold and dark. Nothing but sand and a couple of Lincoln Logs.
Hamm: Uh, I don't think those were Lincoln Logs.
YouAreAToy!!!
AXIOM Crewmember

Re: The Importance of A Bugs Life...

Postby definedancing » Wed May 04, 2011 8:57 am

Yeah, pretty much :wink:

I hate when people call this and Cars the black sheeps aswell. UGH! They're not bad films by any stretch of imagination :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
definedancing
Master Scarer

Re: The Importance of A Bugs Life...

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Thu May 12, 2011 2:42 am

*agreement*

The fact that ABL and Cars are the only weak links just shows how great Pixar really is, because at worst those movies are average. Dreamworks and Disney's worst movies are probably much worse than average. 8D
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Previous

Return to A Bug's Life