I saw UP today!

Any questions Im happy to answer!

What happens at the end?!!??!

Your so lucky! I’m jealous! haha.

hmm. How was it?

do you really want to know?

ill tell you but I really dont want to spoil it

PLEASE. I’m, like, dying to know. PM me if you want. I want to know what happens after we meet Dug and the rest of the dogs.

Just a reminder, you can tell spoilers if you want but you MUST use spoiler tags. Anyone who reads those spoilers does so at their own risk.

Could you PM me, and tell me where the A113 and Pizza planet truck are. {If you found them of course. :wink: } If you do thanks! :stuck_out_tongue: Plus how did you see it?

Where are Russell parents? :smiley: I don’t care for anything else, cuz I know it must be great.

That’s the thing that bugs me the most. Like, where are they? :laughing:

Please post more about your feelings, thoughts and comments about the score/animation/etc… did you walk out of the theatre feeling UP? How were the audience reaction? Is there any oohs and ahhs and laughs and tears? Oh come on man, elaborate more, you still can do it without spoiling anything.

the movie was PERFECTLY balanced in every aspect

the sound was incredible with some really classy music and some effective sounds, the seats literally shook in my theater during some scenes, the animation was better than Wall-E which is saying a lot, it was gorgeous, and the movie was most of all FUN

absolute fun from beginning to end, it never had a low point

the action was absolutely phenomenal, Wall-E would have been perfect if it had this kind of excitement but UP just simply blows it out of the water

as many stated they say that pixars trailers are usually weak but the movie is usually phenomenal, the trailer really isnt a good representation of the movie

also there is a lot of emotional dark themes to the movie, children will not recognize them but many older people will see it and be sad, I wanted to cry during some scenes but my friends were there and it would have been embarrassing if I cried

the audience loved it and everyone clapped at the end, lol there wasnt even any credits either!

hes a wilderness scout and goes to help carl to get a badge, you dont see his mom till the end but you really never know what happened to his father, throughout the movie russel talks about his dad but the audience is assuming that his parents got a divorce

if you have any more questions im open to answering them

also they deleted one key sequence that was shown on the first trailer

Thanks. I’m all set. I don’t want to know anymore twist and turn. I know there has to be spoilers and I’m fine with that as long as it’s not in my face like “THE DOG DIES!!!” (No, I don’t know anything about Dug and his pack :smiley:) but with this film I will restrain myself. Oh I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait.

With this and Partly Cloudy, everyone will fall head over heels for this little Pixar’s 10th feature.

I hope so! This movie really is amazing.
I really hope it does good!

There can’t not be any credits. I don’t see how there wouldn’t be any in this film.
If you’re right for when you saw it, I’m assuming maybe they didn’t attach any credits yet, considering this is a very early showing you supposedly went to.

yeah exactly thats what i meant

Yeah, there weren’t credits because it was a pre-screening.
They didn’t have “Partly Cloudy” attached either, nor was it in 3D.

I have to disagree a little bit with robertrulez, however.
I felt that while the film was good, there were some missteps by Pixar.

Most notable to me, was Pixar’s departure from their belief in “truth to materials”, which is to say, subjects should only be able to do what they are logically capable of doing. (For example, WALL-E behaves within the capabilities of a robot. Lightning McQueen behaves within the capabilities of a car, etc…)
Lets just say that some characters in Up behave beyond what they should logically be able to do, which undermines the story’s credibility.

I didn’t buy some of the plot points, and the story got muddled towards the end.

Overall, though, I’d give it about a 7/10.
Like WALL-E, I thought Up wasn’t as good as it could have been, but there’s still alot to recommend.

"Most notable to me, was Pixar’s departure from their belief in “truth to materials”, which is to say, subjects should only be able to do what they are logically capable of doing. (For example, WALL-E behaves within the capabilities of a robot. Lightning McQueen behaves within the capabilities of a car, etc…)
Lets just say that some characters in Up behave beyond what they should logically be able to do, which undermines the story’s credibility. "

That’s not what it means. It means “wood” doesn’t bend easily, and certainly not like rubber. “Cars” was the first (and to date, ONLY) film that blatantly broke this rule. Metal does not bend like rubber, but it does in that film.

Wall-e behaving like a robot has NOTHING to do with the materials he’s made of. Only how he’s animated, and whether or not it betrays those materials.

What material, to be precise, caused you to not believe the film?

^ Don’t think that’s what he meant about “material.”

I can think of some unfaithful behaviors, [spoil]like the dogs[/spoil] but well, this is the studio that brings you a fish who can read and a rat who can cook, and this is a film where you can lift up a house with 10,000 balloons.

:wink:

I’d like to judge it by what it is, not by something it could have been. If you expect a cartoon version of “Bucket List” or “Benjamin Button” or “Gran Torino” then you have to be severely disappointed. You have talking dogs and fictional bird to deal with here.

Bucket List was horrible (and boring). Grand Torino was Eastwood’s second best film of last year, but no classic. And Benjiman Button was trash as bad as Australia (or any other baz lurhman pile o’ crap).

What about the “dogs” is unrealistic? They act precisely like dogs.

btw–I saw the film in Boston. It’s brilliant. FAR better than Wall-e, and probably Pixar’s best film since “Toy Story.” Certainly it’s most mature/adult.

CartoonBoy,
The phrase “truth to materials” doesn’t neccesarily refer to the literal matter that the subjects are composed of. It refers to the “materials” of the tapestry, if you will, of the story.
(They could have given WALL-E an elbow made of metal. It would have been true to the literal material that WALL-E is made of, but it isn’t true to the subject matter of a robot, so they removed it.)

A human should behave like a human.
A robot should behave like a robot.
A dog should behave like a dog, etc. etc. etc…

The “material” of a dog should limit the dog to behaving like a dog. Consequentally, dogs flying airplanes and engaging in aerial combat is not truthful to the material. Dogs do not have the physical or mental capabilities to fly airplanes, so when it happens in the film, it undermines the credibility of the story and characters.

Could you please PM me a synopsis of the second half of the movie??

Also (don’t read this if you didn’t read a previous spoiler in the thread),
[spoil]It’s cool that we get to see Russell’s mom.[/spoil]