The Spirit Of Adventure song.

Is there anyone who already know the lyrics of the song. It’s kinda hard to find them even though I waste my 3 hours of my whole life time googling the lyrics.
I played the song and rewrite some of the words, but some words just didn’t catch to me. And btw, the song sung by whom? :question:

I love that song! Lyrics though…no idea. Haven’t caught a word.

yeah…some words were unclear

Lyrics to the song (transcribed, not official) were posted a few weeks ago in the Up Soundtrack thread. Here’s the link:
pixarplanet.com/forums/viewt … ht=#139390

They’re in spoiler tags so those who haven’t seen the movie yet and don’t want to see it yet won’t have to.

btw, the song sung by whom?
As I mentioned in either the Up Tempo or Up Soundtrack threads, I don’t know the name of the singer. I remember doing the session with him (he sang along with us at the same time, though was in an isobooth) but don’t know his name, and it’s not listed anywhere. According to an LA Times article, as well as the music, Giacchino also wrote the lyrics to the song.

thanks miafka!

Strange some of those lyrics are. It’s suppose to reflect some parts of the movie though, right?

not really…

but still there have not been the official one yet. Mike please help us!!

I always stay during the credits and sing what lyrics I know with him :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a shame though, I’m always alone in the theater by then. :\

ffdude1906:too bad people here cannot fathom the uniqueness of credits.

back at the topic, if Mike really sang the song, i gotta impressed, he has an angelic voice. :smiley:

Lol, no, I saw a vid of the recording, It’s an older guy. The credits for Up are really cool, all the badges, tickets, buttons, drawings, really nifty stuff.

According to the iTunes booklet, it has Craig Copeland down for “Spirit of Adventure” Vocals.

He kinda sounds like Muntz probably would have sounded in his youth, doesn’t he? wink wink :wink:

Thank you! Finally! someone who agrees with me!

I thought it WAS Muntz singing! XD

No, it wasn’t Michael.

Thanks! I remember someone calling him “Craig” at the session, but didn’t know his full name. Good to know. Thought he did a great job.

As far as if it’s supposed to be Muntz or not, I don’t really know, but at the very least, it evokes the spirit and sound of those bygone days quite well. In the movie though, is it my imagination, or did they cut out part of the song in the middle (like there wasn’t enough time before the end of the credits to play the whole thing).

Thanks, AJD08, for coming up with the name. I don’t know who he is, but he was ideal for the song.

You’re right, miafka, they don’t play the entire song during the credits. I couldn’t tell you now what they cut (I’ve only stayed all through the credits once), but that was after all the big long “transcribing the lyrics” post, so I knew a big chunk of the song was gone (yeah, they must not have had time for the whole thing).

I think the song is definitely supposed to represent Muntz, although whether or not it’s supposed to be “young Muntz” singing, I don’t know. (LOL, explorer, inventor, recording artist…?) A more likely backstory would be that some existing songwriters and singer of the time wrote and recorded a song inspired by Muntz’s popular exploits.