Pixar Planet

TV Shows You Watch

Here is the place to talk, rave, and discuss the latest non-Pixar films, television shows, music & books.

Moderator: Pixar Planet Moderators

Re: TV Shows You Watch

Postby LQstudiesPixar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:19 am

Yeah, I agree. I used to hate Big Bang before I saw it. Then I didn't mind some things, but other parts just totally went against what I believe. But then I thought I could overlook it for a while for some reason. It was a weird phase, :~o I honestly don't know what I saw in it exactly. I think I was just stressed from my ridiculous school, I do crazy things when I'm stressed.....but I'm just done with it now.

The only times I got to see P&F were at my grandma's house and sometimes at the hotels when we were Disneyland vacation. That was all. So I really wish I could watch a lot more of it. I love what I've seen!
LQstudiesPixar
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:53 am

I don't regularly watch Phineas and Ferb, but I've enjoyed all the episodes I've seen!
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby K9Girl » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:38 pm

I'm obsessed with Phineas and Ferb. Which stinks sometimes because I don't get Disney Channel on TV and have to wait for all the episodes to come online. :roll:
K9Girl
Master Scarer

Location: Warning my friends about the free pistachio ice cream

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:40 pm

Ah. It's the only current Disney Channel program I can bear to sit through. :roll: 8D
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:48 am

IncredigirlVirginia wrote:Ah. It's the only current Disney Channel program I can bear to sit through. :roll: 8D

Haven't you seen Gravity Falls?
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:55 am

No. Whenever Disney Channel is turned on I leave the room, so I haven't seen any of the newer shows.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby LQstudiesPixar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:22 am

I don't really have shows to watch. I'm not interested in most, so if one even catches my attention in even just a few aspects of the show, I'll watch it. Sometimes I stop though, like I recently did with Big Bang. I kind of like this show called Outnumbered. The kids in it just don't let up or give their parents a break! It's cute and very casual, but I don't think many people know about it. I'm less picky with shows than I am with movies because I almost never watch TV.

I also liked Arthur on PBS, but once I noticed most of the character's voices changing, I also noticed the episodes not quite being what they used to be. But I did think that was pretty good for at least 10 years, especially the oldest episodes! Same thing happened with The Simpsons to an extent. Sometimes I try to watch and there are some episodes I really liked that made me crack up. And others I just didn't like. The only ones I really dislike are the Treehouse of Terror episodes :x . Like I said, I like a lot of the episodes, but I haven't seen the show for a long time.

Most of my favorite shows don't come on anymore. My favorite show was The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - <3 8D . And I liked The Emperor's New School. Even if they did re-use the same jokes quite a bit, it was still fairly enjoyable. And I watched Lilo and Stitch: The Series. Sometimes I didn't like some of the episodes (mostly the way Pleakley was acting and other things like Myrtle and friends sometimes), but I mostly just watched for Stitch and Rueben (625) and because a lot of the "cousins" were so cute. However, those two I just mentioned I only got to see once every Saturday, which also means they were frequently repeated :x . And eventually, they just stopped airing altogether. I'll have to start watching TV on Netflix now, I guess, which even that I've only had for less than a year.
LQstudiesPixar
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:35 am

OMG loved Arthur. Still watch it with my siblings sometimes. 8D
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby LQstudiesPixar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:46 am

I LOVED the oldest Arthur episodes! And I still liked the ones after that. Now, I think they're...at least fine. They're not bad. I just loved the old ones to death is all, I laughed a lot at those ones!

It's mostly just that I think Arthur and D.W. complain a lot now when before I always cracked up at what they had to say. Did you know Arthur's dad and Binky Barnes are the same voice? Couldn't believe it when I found that out! :lol:
LQstudiesPixar
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:59 am

:shock: I did not know that. There is one episode, Carl and the missing Puzzle Peice, which is about Asperger's syndrome.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby LQstudiesPixar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:03 am

I did see that one. I liked it among the others that were coming out around that time. It made me wonder if I have Asperger's. I don't think I have exactly that, but I do have my issues, probably just a bunch of OCDs.

There's one with Mrs. MacGrady having cancer. It was good, but for some reason that was the only episode they played all week when it first came out. I like how the show is not about teaching kids school subjects, but real-life problems we deal with everyday.
LQstudiesPixar
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:07 am

I agree! It's much more applicable. You learn math at school, you don't want the Television telling you about it.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby Nausicaa » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:49 pm

LQstudiesPixar wrote: I kind of like this show called Outnumbered. The kids in it just don't let up or give their parents a break! It's cute and very casual, but I don't think many people know about it. I'm less picky with shows than I am with movies because I almost never watch TV.

Outnumbered's hilarious. I think it's maybe become a bit less funny in the later series, with the kids getting older, but it's still good. Apparently they're making a U.S. version.
Nausicaa
Garbage Boy

Postby annarborjack » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:41 am

The Following
Bates Motel
The Walking Dead

Those are the shows that are still going on that I watch, though The Walking Dead Season 3 just ended and Season 4 doesn't start till October, next week's episode of The Following is the Season Finale (luckily its getting a Season 2) and Bates Motel has about 4 episodes left of its season but that show is getting a Season 2 as well.
annarborjack
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby thedriveintheatre » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:44 pm

The Dukes ain't got nothing on this.

I have plans to pick up the new Hawaii Five 0 again after leaving it off at the Season 2 premiere. Got lotsa episodes to catch up on. :)
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Film, Television, Music & Books