Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Brave: Real or Not?

I believe it!
48%
That's a typo!
52%

Total votes : 27

Postby TS2 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:01 pm

I predict that the first film after Newt will be Brave, and then we'll see Monsters, Inc. 2.
WELCOME TO THE ANIMATION GRAVEYARD. PAY YOUR RESPECTS!!!
TS2
Toy Collector

Postby Sarah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:12 pm

I got confirmation a few days ago that Brave is NOT a short, a new film, or a new title for BATB. It is just the studio codename/working title.

My source was my tour guide at my visit to the computer science department at RIT. He had done his one of his required internships (They call it a co-op) at Pixar, and Pixar asked him to stay for a while, so he completed his full time requirement there, graduates this year and is headed back to Pixar. (At least, that's what I remember. I was slightly in shock at my first meeting of a Pixar employee, especially where I least expected it!) Anyway, he happened to be wearing a shirt that said BRAVE on it somewhere in the BATB font, so once I figured out he worked at Pixar I asked him about it, and he said it was just the working title. The shirt was the official BATB T-shirt too!! It's gray and has three black and blue bears on the front and they have what looks like pink jelly or something on their faces. The back, as far as I remember is a shield in a corner that says brave, and something else I forgot. I didn't get any new information, obviously, since he can't talk about it, but he said it's going to be good. I personally can't wait now!

(edited for spelling errors)
Last edited by Sarah on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah
Shark Bait

Postby lizardgirl » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks for the information, Sarah. Brave would have been an okay title, but just perhaps a bit too generic, so I'm pleased to hear they've stuck with The Bear and the Bow.
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby C-3PO » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Sarah - that is so cool! Could you possibly describe the shirt in even more detail (the bears in particular), or do a rough sketch of it?
C-3PO
Garbage Boy

Postby totoro » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:52 pm

I prefer The Bear and the Bow, but Brave would have been fine as well.
I'd rather see Rapunzel get its original title back, though. The change to "Tangled" wasn't one of the brighter ideas.

And Sarah, some additonal info on that shirt would really be nice.
Pixar have done some amazing Cast & Crew shirts in the past ("something has survived" and "some assembly required" for TS3 for example) - I'd love to get a look at the new one.
totoro

Postby Sarah » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:41 am

Well, I could give it a shot, but be forewarned I have NO drawing skills. xD I also only remember it fuzzily, as my attention was directed towards the college visit, but I guess I can try.

Here ya go - this is what I remember!

Sarah
Shark Bait

Postby lizardgirl » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:08 pm

Hmm, I wonder what the stuff around the bear's mouth is? Interesting. Thanks for doing that for us, Sarah.
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby C-3PO » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:52 pm

Interesting... Thanks Sarah!
C-3PO
Garbage Boy

Postby amaslyo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:54 am

That's interesting, Sarah. In my opinion, Brave is a better title, because Pixar's longest title is only 11 letters long, and it's last 4 films have only had one word, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL-E & Up. But tBatB is still a great name.

amaslyo
Mutant Toy

Postby woody » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:53 pm

I am a little disappointed that this was pushed back a year- I was looking forward to it next year!
woody
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby thedriveintheatre » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:09 am

I really hope Brave is a working title (like The Dark Knight's 'Rory's First Kiss'!) and not the final theatrical one. I much preferred 'The Bear and the Bow', cos' it sums up the plot, and has the classic 'fairy-tale' sensibility to it. 'Brave' sounds like a M. Night Shyamalan-directed, starring-Bruce-Willis kinda movie. :-(

Sarah - Wow, thanks for your production T-shirt sketches! Maybe the bears grow pink facial hair? :lol:
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Brave