Pixar Planet

Sad scene in Wreck It Ralph

Are you a fan of the mother company? If so, then this is the place to talk about everything else going on inside the wonderful world of Disney.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Sad scene in Wreck It Ralph

Postby anstrnty » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:06 am

Just watched Wreck it Ralph recently, good movie.

Anyway, was anyone else taken aback by the scene where Ralph destroys Venellope's kart? Sarah Silverman's screams were just heart-wrenching, and the build up was fantastic. Also, anyone notice how a dark cloud looms over the area once King Candy convinces Ralph why Venellope can't be in the race?

I never expected a bright cheery movie about videos games and candy to be so emotional.
anstrnty

Re: Sad scene in Wreck It Ralph

Postby Badger » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:05 pm

That scene hit me quite hard as well. My dad was like; "but it's just a cart." and I was like "NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND." Don't get me wrong -- my dad is awesome, but he feels I react a bit too emotionally to animated movies sometimes. :P

But yeah, I think it's mostly the emotional aspect and what the cart symbolises. Ralph basically wrecked their friendship with his own two giant hands. The worst part is that he knew it was for her own good but he still had to do it. When Vanellope said "You really are a bad guy," was when I lost it. ;_;
Badger
AXIOM Crewmember

Re: Sad scene in Wreck It Ralph

Postby dianadavid » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:36 pm

John Lassiter evidently concocted the idea for Wreck-It Ralph before Pixar even existed, back when he was taking a shot at things like Disney's Brave Little Toaster and getting to be fixated on Disney's unique Tron.http://www.makemyessay.com/
dianadavid

Return to Other Disney