Favorite Scenes of Toy Story 3 (SPOILERS!!!)

Simple question; what were your favorite scenes in Toy Story 3? I happen to have a lot.

[spoiler]The whole nostalgia-fueled intro was amazing; showing Andy’s playtime like in the first and second Toy Story, but from an interesting new perspective. The next scenes showing Andy just playing with his toys was also great, but the best thing about it is that the original ‘You’ve Got a Friend in Me’ is playing.

It’s hard to summarize this in one scene, but just the character of Ken in general. The concept alone is just funny, a stiff doll (I just love watching him walk), who’s on a mission to prove he’s not a girl’s toy. Some favorites are his flirting with Barbie, and one of the funniest scenes scenes was Ken’s fashion show; his famboyany gestures just say it all, him knocking over furniture in his karate uniform, and his hip-hop costume just kept me laughing throughout the scene. He also makes a pretty good bad guy, but he doesn’t disappoint coming through for Barbie in the end.

Buzz’s acrobatics were also a nice highlight. It’s nice to see him jumping and flipping through the air once again like his space ranger counterpart.

Just a little gag that made the whole audience laugh was Bookworm noticing Barbie (disguised as Ken)'s heels. His reaction is priceless.

A surprisingly emotional character was Big Baby. At first, he was intimidating, yet humorous because of the baby gestures, but after finding out his backstory, you especially felt bad for him. A great moment was when he’s finally tired of Lotso picking on him.

The garbage chute through incinerator scene was also amazing. It’s been said many times, but what really makes this scene great is just how unpredictable it is, and how it truly keeps you on the edge of your seat. It really shocking to me, since you’ve never seen to toys in this much peril before. Can’t describe it anymore, just see the movie for yourself an be amazed.

Finally, the ending. They somehow made Bonnie out to be a very likeable character, and the fate of Andy’s toys just seems so right. Plus, the final scenes of Andy playing with Bonnie would be enough to make any Toy Story fan break down. The later epilouges also just left you with an overall good feeling, which was also appropriately accompanied by an all new Randy Newman song.[/spoiler]

Favorite scenes:

Big Baby swinging in the full moon light, staring up at it. I love that time of night.

Chuckles entire speech.

The terminator 2 sounding music, and the climax itself of the toys approaching the fire.

The monkey, closeups of his insane looking face, hhaha.

I really, really liked the darker elements in this. It took a couple of days to grow on me actually, because I think it was so unexpected for it to have those darker elements. Easily my favorite of the 3, and favorite pixar movie. The darker parts, mixed with the lighter made it a very cool weird balance.

And my favorite part after 2, not having any “girly” songs in it. Jessies song would’ve been perfect had it been Randy N singing. His vocie is raw, human, and emotes beautifully.

The way the You’ve Got a Friend in Me fades away with just Randy’s voice echoeing “Our friendship will never die” gives me chills everytime.

Likewise! The fact that the word “die” lingers on like that in a “kids” movie is awesome. I know it wasnt the meaning, per say, but it adds to the darker feeling of the movie. True proof that dark can be light, all a matter of judgment.

Yeah, that part is amazing!

Here’s some others

[spoil]*Woody meeting Bonnie’s toys and being played with for the first time in years.
*Ken’s clothes party with Barbie
*The ending scene!
*Andy’s mom looking at his empty room

• Buzz escaping from the Caterpillar room[/spoil]

Um, Can I just say the whole thing? :laughing:

my five favoritest scenes…

woody’s escape.
chuckles’ part.
ken’s closet.
the incinerator.
the ending with Andy and Bonnie.

I really liked the,[spoil] ending, beginning, Ken’s fashion show, and the part with the tortilla,[/spoil] but I really liked all of it.[/spoil]

Hm…

-Buzz and Jessie’s ending dance.
-The incinerator!
-Bonnie playing with her toys.
-Barbie ripping up Ken’s clothes.
-“I” “Love” “You.” “See? It changes every time!”

[spoil]Yeah, I really how they did that. I was expecting it to just fade out or something in a similar fashion to “Put On Your Sunday Clothes” in WALL-E, but they way they cut the music out and ended it on that line is so much better. In a way, I think it kind of set the darker tone for the whole film, just because of the ominous nature of the way the song cuts off.

As for my favorite scene? Three words: Mr. Tortilla Head.

Though it really is hard to just pick a favorite scene, since I loved the whole film.[/spoil]

The first time I heard it, i went "Oh crap! The ending is gonna be a tearjerker you just know it! "

The beginning when we got to see Andy’s imagination. That was a wonderful beginning
And from the prison break to the credits (i love the credits <3 )

Okay, I’ve basically skipped through this entire thread as I can’t bear to go through every person’s posts and add spoiler tags. Just because a thread has the word ‘SPOILERS’ in its title doesn’t mean you can avoid using spoiler tags, so if everyone can edit their posts ASAP (or if a fellow mod who has actually been able to see the movie can edit their posts) I’d appreciate it.

Sorry about that. It’s just that I thought it would be an interesting topic, and since the entire thing is a spoiler, it would just be easier to read.

Yeah, frankly, why cant a thread clearly marked spoilers in the title go spoiler tag free? People avoiding spoilers don’t belong in a thread like this, period.

The opening scene was simply epic. I loved it. [spoil]Especially the branding iron making the “3” on the title, and Woody showing up looking like a total bad-ass.[/spoil] I could hardly contain myself.

[spoil] 1. The opening sequence - the best and most hilarious call backs to older playtimes.

1. The nostalgic explosion from the home video sequence, with memories of me playing with the Toy Story toys of Buzz and Woody, and the original “You’ve Got a Friend in Me”. That was the first time I’ve ever cried in a movie, until the ending. Then it really hit me how the tone of this movie will be with the eerie, “Our friendship will never die…”

2. When the toys are so happy to be played with in the Caterpillar room, after years of neglect. It made me so happy to see THEM so happy.

3. Bonnie’s playing with Woody and her toys. Bonnie is more adorable than Andy ever was. “Lunch! There’s a secret ingredient - jelly beans! We gotta find a spaceship!” It just made me go aww so many times.

4. The entire escape sequence. Hilarious, and it shows how much of a team the toys are. From Mr. Tortilla Head, to Slinky and Woody beating the Monkey, to Rex and Hamn fake-fighting. Just hilarious. And then a nice touch was the aliens riding Bullseye. It showed me that even the toys who aren’t seen together much still have a strong bond.

5. The standoff between Andy’s toys and Lotso’s group. It was more emotional and angrier than any fight in any movie or in real life, and had me wanting to yell at Lotso for being such a villain. Then we really see how evil Lotso is, when he snaps and goes on about them all being plastic.

6. The hassle in the dump truck. They were all literally horrified at where they knew they were going, and what was gonna happen to them if they didn’t escape. Characters like Hamn and Rex, who’d never really been in peril before… wow. It made my mouth gape to see them all so scared.

7. The entire sequence from the shredder to the incinerator. Everyone knew that this could be their final hour, and were fighting as hard as they could together to get out. Even little moments like Rex flipping forward to the incinerator had me screaming, “REX!!” Then to see Buzz give Jessie that look when they held hands. And to see the most loving, happy toys like Rex and Slinky hold hands. All they’d known were happy times, but now they face death. And Bullseye fighting for his life broke my heart, and I broke down completely when the aliens saved them.

8. When Andy gives Bonnie his toys. It’s like a reminder of who these toys we’ve come to love really are leaving us now. Then it really made me cry to see Andy play with his toys one last time. And then when Andy tears up and says, “Thanks guys.” It’s like we, the generation who grew up with Toy Story, are saying goodbye to the toys as well, and we’re saying goodbye to childhood too. And the final shot of the clouds like Andy’s old room… :_) It’s like if the opening shot of the clouds of Toy Story took our generation into that world of childhood, then the closing shot of actual clouds in Toy Story 3 takes us out of that happy world and into the real world.

9. The ending credits scenes were pure bliss after the best movie of the past 11 years. We Belong Together makes me tear up when I think of how it was the epilogue. Especially “When we’re together, blue skies clear up.” And then the Spanish dance just had me singing the whole time. [/spoil]

Yeah, that was really legit. I don’t remember laughing so much during an opening scene. Especially when [spoil] the Evil Dr. Porkchop made his entrence![/spoil]

I have a few. <3

-Ken’s fashion show. I love the slo mo at the end. XD
-When the toys found out that Buzz was reset to demo mode. It was sad and shocking yet awesome.
-When Buzz saved Jessie from the garbage.
-When Buzz was reset back to his normal self.
-The incinerator, it was kinda scary, but it was great at the same time.
-The ending when Andy gave the toys to Bonnie. I loved how Bonnie reached for Woody and Andy pulled back like “Wait, a minute I didn’t say you could have him.”, lol. But he gave Woody to her anyway.
-In the epilogue, when Woody, Buzz and Jessie were reading Ken’s letter. XD
-Buzz and Jessie’s dance.

Jessie: Mind if I scoot in next to you?

(I love how Buzz gets all flustered hehe)

The Monkey! XD

Mr. Tortilla Head

When Buzz said something about Jessie’s good looks not helping her escape when he was delusional

The Incinerator

Spanish Buzz dancing around Jessie and getting jealous of Woody

Lotso hugging Buzz and going “Imma hugger!”

And

Super man Buzz saving Jessie from the TV

My 3 favorite scenes

1. [spoil]the whole begining from the imagation to the whole cell phone trick[/spoil]

2.[spoil]the whole prison escape, especially the part with mr. tortilla head.[/spoil]

1. [spoil]everything from the sliding down the garbage shoot, to my most heart stopping line in the whole movie, The Claaaaaawwwww. hearing that line just made me so relieved.[/spoil]

you know i think that pretty much sums up the whole movie :s

This is way too difficult, and I’m sure once I go back (probably over 4th of July weekend) I’ll think of some more.

[spoiler]The epic opening “train” scene - utterly brilliant, had me gasping and laughing all the way through. “One-Eyed Betty?!?” The “orphans” on the train (big LOL there). Evil Dr. Pork Chop’s ship. And my favorite part: actually hearing Mr Potato Head and Woody say, “I brought my attack dog - with a built in force field!” “Well, I brought my dinosaur, who EATS force-field dogs!”

Bonnie. I still can’t get over how instantly appealing they managed to make her. I really wanted to see more of her toys. Loved the whole sequence at her house, the intro to the “improv” company, Chuckles telling Lotso’s story, Bonnie playing with the toys - I loved when she and Woody were hiding from the “scary witch,” and Dolly just rises up into the shot. And the final scene with Andy and Bonnie, especially when she recognizes Woody and says, “There’s a snake in my boot!” and Andy pulls back before deciding to give her Woody.

Mr. Tortilla Head

Buzz and Jessie when he takes her hand, then everyone else joins in.

Spanish Buzz in general (and Woody calling him “El Buzzo.”

Ken’s speech when he goes to the good side, “Sunnyside could be cool and groovy!”

Buzz and Jessie’s Spanish Dance in the credits.

I gotta stop there.[/spoiler]