La Citrouille Decorating Contest

In honor of Pixar’s Ratatouille, a creative culinary contest is in order for Halloween of 2007:

[size=167]“La Citrouille (Pumpkin) Decorating Contest”[/size]

Decorate a pumpkin to resemble a Pixar character of your choice!

Here is the pumpkin I painted last year as an EXAMPLE:

The winner will receive a free copy of the Ratatouille DVD! :smiley:

RULES:

• Your Pixar character can be from either a short or a film.
  • No OCs (original characters) are allowed.
  • You may carve or paint your pumpkin, with or without the use of additional decorative materials.
  • Limit 1 entry per person.

To enter, send a photo of your pumpkin along with your name, address, email, and your Pixar Planet member name (if applicable) to me at PixarVixen@PixarPlanet.com.

! ! By entering this contest, you are giving Pixar Planet the right to publish your photo online.

! ! This contest is open to anybody, but please note that the prize is a Region 1 DVD. So to be able to watch it, you must have a Region 1 DVD player.

DEADLINE:
November 1st at 6:00 PM ET
The winner will be announced on November 6th.

Anyone can decorate a pumpkin, but only the fearless can win the contest! :wink:

~~=oP

Ooooh,goody! I’ll probably enter.

(Mitch comes in, hoping to get her paws on the DVD)

No,seriously, I’ll predict she’ll be here any minute now…

What’s Region 1? Is it a fancy DVD player, or is it the type that most people have?

It’s a DVD Player that plays American DVDs

I’m pretty sure thta if you live in the US you’re fine.

Wait, I’m following the yellow brick mouse to the land of Wiki…

“Region 1:Bermuda, Canada, the Cayman Islands, United States and U.S. territories”

And,lo,an image of the widdle thingies on the back of DVDs that shows you what region it is…

So…if you live in the US or any of those areas above,you’re fine. If you don’t…oh noes. :shake:

So is this the official Halloween contest or just a side one?

If either, if we can’t grab a pumpkin (or finish in time), can it be an art piece of a designed pumpkin?

Awesome! I really wanted to make a costume, but this is still a really neat idea. Count me in! :smiley:

Will all of the entries be posted online as well? Because I can’t wait to see other peoples’ pumpkins.

Oh boy! I was hoping that I would enter. In fact, I think I might, but I don’t know, I seem busy this month that I might have little time to do it, but we’ll see.

Well, looks like I’ll have to paint another Lightning McQueen again! Since that’s what I did last year. Depending on how many I get I could paint King on one too and make it into a whole Piston Cup thing.

Only thing you need to play region 1 DVD outside region1 area (USA and so on) is multiregion DVD player :slight_smile:

Every DVD player is multiregion-capable. The makers just set a specific region right before shipping to each country. You just have to type in a special code with your remote to make it region-free (aka multiregion). :wink: Google is your friend.

More on-topic: Does everyone know what character they are going to make from their pumpkin? I’m going to keep mine a surprise. ;-p

Aw cool… im gonna make my pumpkin a rolled up roly poly lol…

Yeah, I know that there are such codes (used one myself for my Yamaha player), but mind you, it’s not true that every DVD player is capable of that simple region removing.

Yes, this is an official Pixar Planet contest.

And I’m sorry, but your entry must be a real pumpkin.

~~=oP

This is a cool idea!! :smiley: I don’t know if i’ll have time though.

I have a question though. Is it limited to one pumpkin per person? Or can a member send in more than one?

It’s a limit of one entry per person, but if you want to make more, go for it and send us in your favourite!

Sounds cool - I think I’ll make something! :smiley:

So do we PM the pic to someone? Or what…

Gasduude, did you read the rules? :stuck_out_tongue:

~~=oP

Ooo – what a cool idea! A free Ratatouille DVD…

Well, I think I’ll just sit back and watch the rest of you guys work your magic. Have fun, everyone! All the best to the contestants! :smiley:

Ha! Believe it or not, I think I’m going to pass on this contest. Although the prospect of winning a free Ratatouille DVD is quite tempting, I can hold off on this one. :wink:

– Mitch

I wouldn’t actually know where to get a decent pumpkin from. All the supermarket ones are always so tiny…I might have to hunt around a little. :stuck_out_tongue: