Anyone else thinks kids channels suck today?

^Well what it’s the title?

The day my went psycho.
That’s as much as I am comfortable with in identifying the show.

^Still very confused but I will take your word for it.

The Powerpuff Girls will get new voice actresses. It seems the original voice actresses want to return, but they weren’t even given a chance. I’m sure the new ones are fine and talented, but I think Cartoon Network should give a good reason why they left them out, it seems money wasn’t an issue.

^Yeah, I feel bad for all six actresses. It’s a total insult not even to let the original three know about the situation, and now some diehard fans are being completely rude about the three new actresses.

I hate how TV shows and cartoons (on Nick and Disney Channel) are dumbed down nowadays and how there’s nowhere near as much effort put into the shows as there were back then. The creators of the shows must think kids are stupid or something nowadays because the shows nowadays aren’t all that funny or just plain stupid. I wish Nickelodeon would fill a whole channel up with their classic shows and not just a four-hour block on TeenNick. If they did that, Nick would have like better ratings and pull in more money and viewers. Also, what is up with the Disney Channel? All they air is live-action nowadays and hardly air cartoons. Disney used to be full of cartoons, including Ducktales, Chip And Dale Rescue Rangers, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, Gummi-Bears, and many others. Why not rerun those? People would gladly watch those and Disney would get their ratings back up. I heard they’re making a reboot of Ducktales but they should also air the older ones too.

While I agree that most of today’s cartoons are dumb, Adventure Time is one that is actually really good. It has a lot of layers and often addresses deeper issues of morality, once you get pass the seemingly childish exterior. I’m not sure a lot of people realize it, but the show is also supposed to take place in a [spoil]post-apocalyptic future.[/spoil]

It’s been about 5 years since this thread was started. I think both Disney Channel and Cartoon Network have been greatly improving. If Disney Channel could just get better people in charge of their live action department, I think they’d be dominating.

Nick on the other hand, I think is just getting worse. :laughing: Somebody needs to tell them that Spongebob isn’t funny anymore and hasn’t been for about 10 years.

It’s just an impression, but I think Lab Rats (superheroes) is given less priority then Kickin’ it.
I don’t know much about that second show, but the little I do know says it’s not a good show, my impression is slapstick comedy combined with martial arts.
For the record, I like Lab Rats best.

Somebody mentioned a Disney show about some Latin American teen called Violetta and I looked it to get better informed.
The reviews were consistently negative, the show was mostly about the lead character being dishonest.

As for Spongebob, yeah, they so need to get rid of that stupid sponge.
My favorite Nick toons are Danny Phantom and My Life as a Teenage Robot.
They are good shows too and it just makes me annoyed that they’ve been dismissed in favor of low brow humor.

I closed my eyes every time the Spongebob movie trailer played in the cinema and wished I could close my ears too…

On the topic of voice casting, Cities of Gold (english title) got a sequel season recently.
Now, I get that the original voice cast could not return, considering the first season was broadcast in the 80s.
But they should have at least made an effort to make sure the english dub cast sounded like the ones from the 80s.
To my ears, their voices are too high pitched, they sound too young compared to the originals.
But I suppose you’d only know the difference if you’d seen the first season.

I’ve always been an advocate of cartoon stations showing both new content and classics.

So Nickelodeon as since announced The Splat, which is a block of Nick shows from the 90s and early 2000s. I’m kind of disappointed show since it’s really only a rebranding of The 90s are All That. It will be a bit longer and have a few more shows, but it will still be on Teennick. But I think it will have more money thrown into it.

Some classic shows might also be coming back. Nick said they might do specials on shows like Rugrats and Hey Arnold. There have been hints on the second Hey Arnold movie getting made, even my Nick themselves. If they do come back there is no word when. While I don’t care for a full revival all that much a few specials does sound nice, as long as they get as many of the original cast and crew back as possible.

I’m concerned about the level of unnecessary duplication going on.

With Nickelodeon, we have the series Thundermans and while it’s okay to have one superhuman show, they add another one called Henry Danger.
The second one is irrevalent, it’s not necessary to make two of the same kind of show.
I’m really hoping they don’t do a Henry Danger crossover with the Thundermans or their partner show Haunted Hathaways.

Then we have Wizards of Waverly Place and Every Witch Way, which are both Sabrina The Teenage Witch clones.

Dishonorable mention goes to Violetta, which was made for a specific niche audience, but given how dishonest the lead character is and the message this sends as a role model caused it to have extreme negative reception.

I’m excitied for Splat. Always a supporter of any exposure of 90s animation.

I’m less cynical on modern animated television than I was in the past. Why, only in the past month two fantastic remakes premiered: Danger Mouse on CBBC and Mr Peabody & Sherman Show on Netflix. I recommend them both.

I’m also less harsh than I used to be; I think shows like Gravity Falls has helped. I’m kind of glad I’m not as critical of it as I used to; looking back it made me look childish. I still despise many though.

Lol yeah, I was like that at an earlier point, very outspoken about certain things. While there is stuff out there I still despise, it does have an appeal to certain people.

It’s been conformed that a second Hey Arnold movie is on the way. It will start where the series left off and it is going to be a TV movie rather than theatrical. No release date has been stated yet. I would like to see it next year for the 20th anniversary, but I don’t see that happening. I kind of hope they start re-airing the series so they can get a new audience who can watch along with the older fans.

Drake and Josh would like to do a reunion as well as Kenan and Kel. If some of these become a success and they get better original programming Nick might get it’s own renaissance.

Thank you for the info, Pixarfan91. But I prefer the latter (Kenan and Kel) because it’s sooooo funny! 8D Especially when in every episode, Kel messes up all of Kenan’s plans because he’s clumsy… ;-o

I am starting to be concerned about the amount of carboncopying that is going on.

Wizards of Waverly Place, Every Witch Way and WITS Academy all look to me like variations on Sabrina The Teenage Witch.
Most notably, WITS Academy was an attempt to continue using the Every Which Way premise, but apparently unsuccessfully, because it was not renewed for a second season.
If I wanted a dose of teenage magic shenanigans, I’d just get out my Sabrina dvds and watch them again instead of watching a copycat show.

Henry Danger strikes me as a copy of the Thundermans.
Surely with Lab Rats and Mighty Med (now being merged into one show) being made by Disney and Thundermans by Nickelodeon, they didn’t need a third dose of superheroics?
With me, it’s a case of 1st one, awesome, second one fascinating, third one, don’t care.

I tend to stick with the best shows available, just because you make something on a similar theme doesn’t guarantee I’ll like it or even be curious about it.
But I bet that’s how they are thinking of it, we got a hit (or someone else did) with this kind of show, let’s try and make more of them so we can play to that market demographic.

I recently made a petition for The Disney Channel to bring back Vault Disney:

[url]https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-bring-back-vault-disney-on-the-disney-channel[/url]

Really starting to be worried about Nickelodeon and their obsession with a certain magic themed franchise.
I cited before the case of Every Witch Way and WITS Academy.
They then added a second spinoff show on that theme, Talia in the Kitchen.
I will state again for the record that WITS and Talia did not get renewed after their first season.

That to me seems like applying CPR to the metaphorical dead horse.
While the primary show did go for four seasons, it wasn’t classified as a success by viewers or ratings.
So the response is to make not one, but two spinoffs in a desperate attempt to keep the franchise/theme going?
One spinoff might be acceptible, but seeing as it was not renewed, a sensible person would not try for a second one.