Art of SallyMcQueen

Great job! You’ve got a really unique style and I like it. Another great piece. And your welcome.

I like it! Definitely love your style of art.

[size=50]Looks like Jonah and I won this competition.[/size]

Thank you, you two! :smiley: I will say that I have not yet developed my own complete style. I am inspired by some of my favorite artists and I mix different elements that I admire.

Well, Jordan, it seems you two have won. Congratulations! :sunglasses: ([size=50]Rebecca, how could you? [/size] :wink: )

Alright. Well since we won, you ladies have to put that one saying in your signature that was mentioned earlier. Just for about a month.

Nooooooooo! Well, technically I would say that pixarmilan wins because they posted first. :wink: OK, we’ll discuss the details of this and figure something out though. Dang. 8D

On the actual art though…loved it! <3 So cute! And you’re great at drawing eyes! Oh, and I like your attention to detail too. :smiley: Nice job, hope to see more! :mrgreen:

Rebecca: "Jordan and Jonah are the best. " <----- That’s what we have to say. 8D Thank you! <3 I love drawing eyes and drawing the little details. :slight_smile: I already know the next one I’m going to do. :wink:

OK…I’ll go add it in a minute. :blush: And how long was it again?

Awesome! Oooh! Can’t wait! :mrgreen:

I like it! :stuck_out_tongue:

How about a month you guys keep that in your signatures?

How about two weeks? :laughing:

That’s fine with me. I wish Jonah was able to see this.

Awesome artwork.

I can’t believe this thread has alot of replies of us boys and girls going back and fourth to see who is better. 8D

He does! I bet you just roll in pride every time you see our signatures. :wink:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Right?! We’re cool. :unamused: :sunglasses:

Nope. Everytime I see it I just smile and chuckle at it.

Hahahaha, good times. :laughing: :unamused:

Yep. Definitely good times.

Yeah…I’m going to go with two weeks. Sorry guys. :wink: But you’re messing with my signature funk, I had it all organized nicely! 8D Yeah, I hope Jonah sees it too, I haven’t a clue where he is at the moment but at least it keeps him from taunting us about it. :laughing:

Two weeks would be fine with me.

Eeeee! :3 Okay, so I finished my next drawing and I’m overly excited to show it. This one called for extra colouring, extra creativity, and just extra in general but it was so worth it because it came out [i:15gj9d78]just[/i:15gj9d78] how I imagined it. So, a character who is extremely underrated but I love- [i:15gj9d78]Carla Veloso[/i:15gj9d78]! :D

[img:15gj9d78]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa10/CaribbeanCrazyGal/CarlaVeloso.jpg[/img:15gj9d78]

Okay, so the lineart for this was done a [i:15gj9d78]while[/i:15gj9d78] ago. There was just so much colouring involved that it ended up taking a while. The suit, of course, was the main part of it. I never noticed how festive and decorated Carla was until I saw this that eventually became my reference.

[img:15gj9d78]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa10/CaribbeanCrazyGal/CarlaReference2.jpg[/img:15gj9d78]

This was also another reference too.

[img:15gj9d78]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa10/CaribbeanCrazyGal/CarlaReference.jpg[/img:15gj9d78]

^^^ I stayed very true to all that as much as I could and of course, I included the World Grand Prix and Allinol logos and also put in her name and country of origin on there also. Since Carla’s paint goes from green in front to blue in back, I figured her suit would be the same exact thing so that was attempted. I think it came out pretty good (Of course the scanner kind of ruins the true look of it. :-\) but I hope you guys can see the color transitions. Shading was my favorite part (as was the creating the helmet too.). Fun fact- I used three different types of greens, four blues, and two yellows all in the suit and helmet. Then, two browns shaded together for her hair, three separate colors (tan, peach, and brown) for her in-between skin color, and two pinks for her lips. Thank you, 150 colored pencil set. 8)

I guess I could talk about Carla herself now. If you want an actual real-life form of her, just picture a darker Sofia Vergara (who I love. <3)- that is exactly how I would picture her. The type of person you’d see listed on People’s 100 Most Beautiful. I just aimed to maker her exotically beautiful.

I’m almost done rambling, promise (I said I was overly excited.)! There’s a Hidden Mickey in this drawing! It was actually drawn like that on accident and I decided to keep it. If you find it first, you get… nothing. Just a bunch of brownie points and points because it’s kind of hard to find. 8D

Last thing! I realized by looking at all the dates on the [i:15gj9d78]Cars[/i:15gj9d78] artwork I’ve posted on here, they go 10-18-2011, 11-17-2011, 01-18-12, and this one was 02-18-12. [i:15gj9d78]Weird[/i:15gj9d78]. o_0 :lol:

I love nothing more than hearing from you guys so please leave lovely comments! :mrgreen:

Great job! I can definitely see her looking like that.