Aspirations

I’m curious, what do you guys wish you could do? Is there something you want to learn how to do? Some place you would like to go? Someone you would love to meet? I would really lke to learn how to play the piano someday, I just think it is a truly beautiful instrument. What about you? Got a dream or a wish? Tell me about it! :smiley:

I’d love to meet Vanessa Carlton! And hopefully I will on June 23rd, cause I’m going to her little concert thing. I’d also love to meet John Lasseter, or Pete Docter. They’re brilliant. And see Disneyland once. And go to Europe, and see Ireland where my great-grandpop grew up.

The piano’s beautiful! I play it-ish, not really, just learning from YouTube, but I love it :smiley:

And yes, I’ve gotta say this…first comment!!

Awesome! I would love to meet John Lasseter as well. Or Rihanna. I’m also dying to go to Disneyland especially since they’re making Cars Land. That’s cool that you know a little piano…what’s your favourite piano piece to play or listen too?

I love a lot of piano I can’t play at all :smiley: But I can play Married Life from Up! I love that one.

Oh, Disneyland. Cars Land is going to be amazing. I’m really jealous of them over in California. It gives me goose bumps just thinking about it :smiley:

Cool! Movies always have excellent music and the piano makes any song sound good. I agree, it sounds amazing. The part I love the best is how they are like re-creating the main street and that epic rollercoaster ride thing they are putting in.

I would love, truly love to meet Trent Reznor. Just a great man!

I would love to have a drumset, and learn to play it, but i think the latter has already been taken care of. I might want to learn the piano, but only because Trent knows how.

i would /love/ to go to italy. i’m only like a quarter italian, but it looks so beautiful and ahhh i need to go there. i also really want to be writer. so, so bad.

lol, i remember a couple years ago i wanted to get into modeling, but i was too lazy to get up and do something about it. that was kind of lame of me. i’m /way/ too short, though, anyway.

i still don’t know how to play guitar. my dad was supposed to teach me when i was, like, ten. but i kinda gave up on that.

huh. reading this over, i realize i give up on a lot of stuff easily. D: fail.

I’ll start out slow on this. But one of my biggest aspeirations in the whole world is to become a professional actor. I’ve been acting ever since I was little, and to say that it’s a passion of mine is not only the truth, but it symbolizes my life and my studies. I know it’s a hard business to get into, but it’s something that’s been in my heart and I would give up anything to achieve it.

bits&pieces: Italy would be wonderful! I would love to go there too, just beautiful. It’s been a life long dream of mine to be a writer as well. I’ve been doing it since I was really young and I feel like it’s the only real talent I have so I don’t want to waste it. I have always imagined being a model too! Except I’m like you, way to short, not pretty enough either. :confused: I don’t think you give up too easily, maybe you just got bored of it or realized it’s not that great. :stuck_out_tongue:
Swordsman: Wow, good for you. You’re right, it is a difficult thing to get into but reaching dreams is never easy. If it was I guess they wouldn’t be dreams. To be honest one of my beliefs is that following your dreams is one of the bravest things a person can ever do.
somethingguy: That’s interesting. I actually don’t know who that guy is though…what does he do? :laughing:

I have so many aspirations I feel bad sometimes. Two out of the top of my head:

• Move to a peaceful, idyllic country.

• Learn how to be a better filmmaker and make something that’s actually worthy.

Why would you feel bad about it? Judging by those two I don’t see a problem with them!

Well, sometimes they feel kind of unrealistic.

I’m a somewhat pessimistic person.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I’ve got a few unrealistic ones too. :stuck_out_tongue:

He’s the creator of Nine Inch Nails, the one man band that casually gets help from other people to do his live sets. He had gotten through some dark times and made some bad decisions, but as of today, he’s happy and he’s gotten over his addictions!

There are 4 things I want to do in life:

Learn the piano, such a gorgeous instrument
Travel the world
Go to Pixar
Learn sign language

The first 3 are things I’ve always wanted to do, since I can remember, and I’ve wanted to learn sign language a few years ago when I first found a sign language book. I’ll be taking classes for that when I start college next fall :smiley:

MissCarrera : thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it.

somethingguy: Good for him! Sounds like a great guy to admire.
thewisecookiesheet: It’s nice to see so many piano lovers!
Swordsman: You’re very welcome. I can totally relate to how you feel.

I think i want to play the piano because I want to play the drums…

Another aspriation in my life, and it’s very personal, but I’ll keep details to a minimum, but I would love to be in a love relationship with a female partner. A lot of my friends are in one, married, and one just got engaged. While I’m happ for them, part of me wants to have companionship. It hurts when you’re lonely and you want someone.

Second.