Ballboi's Cars 2 (A Cars Fan-Fiction)

I was inspired by MissCarrera’s fan fiction to write my own version of Cars 2. This is going to be my first fan fiction so I hope it goes well. This will mainly focus a bit more on the race around the world rather then the whole spy plot. I decided to to post a little teaser of what to expect in my version of Cars 2. So Ladies and Gentlecars, here is the teaser!

The teaser starts off in some room in London where we see Zundapp and his lemons coming up with a plot. “What are we doing to do with this new Alinol fuel?” Grem asked. “Well, we are going to be taking out the cars in the races who dares to use Miles’ banned fuel in this race.” Professor Z told his minions. Then, a James-Bond type car appears outside of the room who is spying on their evil plot. As he starts to become aware of the situation, he shoots the light inside of the room making it in complete darkness. “Hey, who did that?!” Professor Z shouted. “Don’t tell me who I think it is.” Acer asked. Just seconds later, Professor Z and the lemons were being beat up by this mysterious car. The car then rides into the scene and reveals who he is. “Finn McMissile. British Intelligence.”

If your wondering, each chapter will be much longer then this. I hope to hear some feedback of what you think of the teaser or what I could improve on. The first chapter will be up tomorrow.

Wooo! I was surprised to see this, I didn’t know you wrote fan-fiction! :slight_smile: Wait, let me just say something…FIRST COMMENT. Oh, yeah. :sunglasses: Anyway, your teaser is really nice! I like how it ends with “Finn McMissile. British Intelligence.” :wink: I can’t really tell you anything about your writing or give you constructive criticism now by just reading this but I definitely will after reading your first chapter tomorrow! I’m excited to see how this story will turn out, being more focused on the racing and not the spy plot. :slight_smile:

Thanks SallyMcQueen! I’ll usually try to hype some people up when it comes to the teasers I make. Like I said, this is my first try but if it goes well I’ll create another one. The whole spy plot I didn’t really like because Mater was involved with most of it. The first chapter will more then likely feature the Radiator Springs crew and a bit of the build up for the race.

You know I’ll be reading it! And like her, I loved the final line. So dramatic and suave. :sunglasses:

Thanks MC! As promised yesterday, here’s chapter one!

We begin the story in Radiator Springs where Mater is anxiously waiting the return of Lightning McQueen from racing for the Piston Cup. He then notice a bright red car entering Radiator Springs. Mater gasps and drives full speed to see the return of his friend.

“McQueen, McQueen, McQueen!” Mater shouts with excitement.

“Hey Mater, how’s it going?” Lightning asks.

“I’m going great. Say, did you beat that one green car that you don’t like?” Mater tells Lightning.

“His name is Chick Hicks and yes, I did beat him for my fourth Piston Cup.” Lightning said.

“That’s great! I’m sure Miss Sally is going to be excited to see that you returned.” Mater says to his friend.

Sally then drives into the scene seeing that her boyfriend has returned from the race.

“Hey Stickers!” Sally said. Lightning notices Sally’s voice and and drives over to her. “Hey Sally, guess what?” Lightning says to Sally. “I just won my fourth Piston Cup yesterday against Chick Hicks.” “Oh, that’s great!” Sally said. “Say, would you like to go out for dinner tonight to celebrate your victory?” “Yeah, I would love to do that!” Lightning says.

We see that Mater overheard what was going on and decided to join them. Later at the restaurant, we see that on the television there is a talk show hosted by Jay Limo and his guest is Francesco Bernoulli. He explains that the World Grand Pre is an upcoming race where the best racecars in the world compete to determine who is the best racecar in the world.

“So Francesco, what are your thought about this upcoming race?” Jay Limo asks Francesco.

“Well, these other cars will be no match for Francesco!” He explains. “You see I’m a formula one racecar and I’m faster then any other car in the world.”

We see that Mater, Luigi, Guido and Fillmore are watching the television at the restaurant. “Who is a that?” Luigi asks his friends.

“I don’t know man but he sounds like a cool dude to me.” Fillmore tells Luigi. Mater then sees a telephone and decides to dial in to be a guest on the show.

“Were going to be taking calls starting in Radiator Springs.” Jay explains to the viewers watching. “First caller, your on!”

“I want to say that the formula one fellow you got there better not be talking trash about my friend.” Mater says. “I bet Mr. Lightning McQueen would do circles around you!”

Francesco then laughs. “I’m not going to be taking any criticism from anybody especially from a Tow Truck!” Francesco says.

Meanwhile, Lightning and Sally see a huge crowd form in the restaurant and they go and see what’s going on.

“Oh boy, that car again.” Lightning says. “That’s Francesco Bernoulli! No wonder there’s a crowd here.” Sally tells her boyfriend.

Lightning then sees Guido pointing to Mater who is in the telephone both calling on the Jay Limo show.

“Alright, that’s enough Mater!” Lightning tells him. He then yanks him by his hook and goes into the telephone booth. “Um hi, this is Lightning McQueen.” Lightning says calling into the show.

“Oh, McQueen just the person I wanted to call in.” Jay says. “Were having this big World Grand Pre race which starts in a few days. They need one more race car to start the racing, so are you up for the challenge?”

“I don’t know, it’s just that I’ve been racing a lot lately and wanted to take some time off to be with my friends here. Lightning then sees Guido getting the caps off of the bottles as quickly as he can. “You know what, check me in baby!” Lightning tells Jay Limo.

Francesco then gasps and interupts. “You know McQueen, Francesco is triple speed and I’m able to leave you and the six other competitors in the dust.” Francesco says to McQueen.

“Well, we’ll have to wait and see hot stuff.” Lightning says signing off of Jay Limo’s show.

The crowd there applauds and cheers for the local Lightning McQueen. “I don’t know, it’s just that this race is going to mean a lot to me.” Lightning tells Sally.

“No need to worry Stickers, Mater and I are going to have a blast here.” Sally says. “Your going to bring him right?”

Lightning then thinks of this decision of bringing Mater and then decides to comfront him. “Mater? How you like to come with me for the World Grand Pre?” Lightning asks Mater.

He gasps in excitement. “You mean it?!” Mater says.

“Yeah, but remember be on your best behavior.”

Mater agrees to Lightning’s reminder as they along with Luigi, Guido, Fillmore, and Sarge leave for the airport.

I like it so far, I can see that you are setting the story for what it to come. My biggest suggestion would be to break it down into paragraphs instead of one long one. For example, every time someone new speaks you start a new paragraph, and when you kind of change subjects you start a new paragraph. It makes it easier on the eyes, and easier to follow when it is in smaller chunks rather than one large paragraph. I’m excited to see what happens when they arrive and the first race so I hope you’ll continue! :slight_smile:

Thanks! Yeah, the big paragraph I kind of realized last seconded that people wouldn’t like it. I’ll make sure to edit it.

Sure thing! Or as long as you break the next chapter down that would be fine.

I like it so far, Ballboi! :slight_smile: I see you’re following the events of the movie and I’m excited to see where it starts to break off from the original plot. The only thing I would suggest is to take the time to describe to your reader with characters, their interactions, places, thoughts, etc. Remember that you’re painting a picture in our minds. For example, “Lightning blushed as Sally kissed him.” or “Sally placed a soft kiss on Lightning’s fender, causing him to turn an even darker shade of red.” If you want an example using your story, “Mater gasps and drives full-speed…” or “Mater gasps, his breath almost getting caught, as he takes off down the road; his old engine rattling all the way.” Both say the same thing but in a very different way. :slight_smile: That is really my only suggestion as I see your grammar and spelling are good! Good job, update soon! :smiley:

Thanks SallyMcQueen! I might try to make more thoughts and interactions for the next chapter coming up. The second chapter will probably be delayed until tomorrow due to some minor story problems. I’m trying to make this chapter better then the first.

Alright, I’m finished chapter 2. Hope this format is better.

The second chapter begins with the Radiator Springs Crew on the plane. It’s real late at night and Lightning McQueen is looking out the window. Lightning sighs. He wishes that Doc Hudson could be with him and his friends on the trip. He starts to tear up a little bit. Mater wakes up sees that his best friend is feeling upset. He decides to see what is wrong.

“What’s wrong, McQueen?” Mater wanted to know.

Lightning looked at Mater with an upset look on his face. “I don’t know Mater.” Lightning said. “It’s just that this whole trip is not the same without Doc.”

Mater wanted to help his friend out but he knew there was nothing he could of done. Then, a thought came to him. He thought about something that would possibly cheer Lightning up. “Hey, I got an idea.” Mater told Lightning. “Why don’t we go to that pre racing party tomorrow and meet all the racers. That’ll probably cheer you up!”

Lightning thought about it for a second. Then he came up with his decision. “Sure Mater.” Lightning said feeling better.

“Good.” Mater said feeling happy that he cheered his friend up. “Will that Italian racecar be there?” “I want to get my revenge on him for insulting me on that one talk show.”

“Yeah he will but please don’t get him angry.” Lightning warned Mater. “He would just insult you even more in front of all those people. You don’t want that to happen do you?”

Mater looked at Lightning. Would he listen to his best friend here or would he disobey him? Mater then thought real hard about what he wanted to do. “Alright, buddy.” Mater said.

Lightning smiled. “It’s great that you would listen to me.” Lightning told his best friend. “Hey, it’s getting real late. Let’s say we get to bed now.”

Mater agreed.

They both went to sleep as the plane rode off into the midnight sky.

The next morning came and we see these three masterminds know as Professor Zundap, Acer and Grem. They were thinking of a way to eliminate their enemy Finn McMissile for good.

“So, what you think?” Zundap wanted to know from his henchmen. The plan was that they were going to disguise a laser beam as a camera and shoot Finn with it when he isn’t looking.

“I don’t know.” Acer said. He looked as if he was against Zundap‘s plan.

“If you don’t go with the plan, I’ll shoot you with the laser beam myself!” Zundap shouted.

Grem didn’t know what to say. He thought about agreeing with Acer but he knew the same fate would happen with him. He agreed with the plan.

“Alright were in.” Both Acer and Grem told Zundap.

All three laughed. Meanwhile, we see the James Bond car named Finn McMissile who was spying on them the entire time. He was aware of what the situation would be later that night.

Later that day, it was time for the pre race party. We see The Radiator Springs Crew enter the place.

“Look Luigi, tires!” Guido told his friend excitedly.

The both raced on to see them.

Lightning looked at Mater. He was confident in himself that his best friend wouldn’t humiliate them both at the party. “Alright Mater, best behavior here alright?” Lightning asked his friend.

“Alright, buddy!” Mater said. “You can count on me.”

“Hey McQueen!” A mystery car yelled.

It was Francesco Bernoulli. The one car who humiliated Mater and challenged Lightning. Lightning and Mater went over to Francesco.

“Hey, hot stuff.” Lightning told Francesco.

Francesco smirked. “Hey look, it’s that stop sign.” Francesco said.

Lightning laughed. “Well, I guess we got to see who’s better between us two tomorrow.” He said to Francesco.

Mater had no idea what the two cars were talking about so he went off.

Meanwhile, we see Finn McMissile looking for help to foil Zundap’s plan. He bumps into a purple colored car.

“Excuse me Miss, but are you a spy?” He asked curiously.

“I suppose you want my help to foil someone’s plan?” She asked.

Finn looked surprised. He wondered how she knew what he wanted from her. How on earth would she know about Zundap’s plan?

“The name’s Shiftwell. Holley Shiftwell.” She told Finn.

Finn was about to speak but Holley interrupted.

“So you want me to help you foil Zundap’s plan?” Holley said again.

“Why yes Miss Shiftwell but how do you know about this?” Finn wanted to know.

Holley took the time to talk about it.

“Well, Zundap used to hate me all the time but he moved on after a while.” Holley explained. “If you need help then I’m in.”

“Alright Miss Shiftwell let me explain what we’ll do.

We see that Zundap and his lemons were spying on them with the laser. It was about time to fire it.

“Just do what I told you before alright?”

The two lemons agree to it and they pressed the button. The laser was fired.

To be continued.

Cool chapter, Ballboi, and nice writing! I like how you incorporated Lightning thinking about Doc on the trip. I’m excited to see what happens after the laser is fired. :slight_smile:

Thanks SallyMcQueen! I might try to make the next chapter longer since these first two felt pretty short.

Chapter Three is now completed!

Chapter Three picks up where the second one left off. The lemon cars were about to shoot the laser at Finn McMissile ending their long time feud. Holley was the only one who noticed what was going on.

“Look out Finn!” Holley warned.

She pointed at the laser and Finn dodged it at the last second. The entire pre-race party was ruined. Grem and Acer knew that not only they would be in serious trouble for property damage at the party but with their boss Professor Zundap. They both wanted to leave as quickly as possible but they knew it was already too late. Zundap had warmed them earlier that if they were to screw up again then they would not be his henchmen anymore. He ordered them to come to him immediately.

“What just happened there?!” Zundap demanded to know.

“Well, our old nemesis Holley Shiftwell told Finn to move out of the…”

Zundap interrupted Grem.

“No, its that you two screwed up again!” Zundap said furiously. “You two always have to ruin every single one of my plans!”

“But we were just trying to help…”

Zundap interrupted again but this time it was Acer.

“Just leave now!” Zundap ordered his old henchmen.

Both Grem and Acer left Zundap. He thought to himself it was time to get a new set of henchmen to help. Especially ones who wouldn’t ruin any of his plans. Would he actually want anymore help after what had happened? He started to look around for some new henchmen. The search was on.

Meanwhile, Lightning McQueen and his friends check in into their hotel room. As soon as Lightning got into the room, he put the news on. The news said that a “freak” accident destroyed the place that the party was held. Everyone was reported as alright and the race the next day would go on as originally planned it would. Lightning herd a knock on the door. He opened the door and saw that it was Francesco.

“Hey Francesco? What are you doing here? Lightning wondered.

“Well, I’m here to make sure if you were alright.” Francesco told McQueen.

“Wait, a rival wanting to help out another rival? That sounds weird to me.” Lightning said.

“Yes. I wanted to see if you were alright so that we could a race tomorrow.” Francesco said.

Lightning knew that it was weird seeing a rival of his wanting to know that he was alright. The only one he knew that probably would of done that would be his friends from Radiator Springs and some of the other racers that he didn’t know about. This kind of felt a bit weird for him. Did he actually want to know if he was ok or was it just a little set up for something?

Lightning sighed. “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Francesco felt confident in himself here. “Good luck McQueen!” “You’ll probably need it since your going to get a beat by Francesco!”

Lightning growled as the door shut.

The loudness of the door happened to wake Mater up. He screamed and was curious to know what happened.

‘What happened their buddy?” Mater asked anxiously.

Lightning wasn’t suprised that Mater awoke from his sleeping. I mean, the noise was loud it was capable of waking up a Tow-Truck like him. Lightning went over to his friend and explained what happened.

“Well, Francesco just wanted to see if I was alright from the accident that occurred at the party earlier on. They said it was something about a laser or something.” Lightning explained to his best friend.

“Oh, you mean that Italian feller that we saw at the party?” Mater asked.

“Well yeah, I feel suspicious that he might be up to no good.” Lightning told Mater.

Mater was confused at what Lightning told him. He really didn’t know what to say to his best friend. Would a proper “Ok” be something for him to say?

Mater groaned. “Well, I guess it’s alright then. Anyway, I wish you good luck at the race tomorrow!” I’ll be with you and the rest of us in the pit stop routing you on.

“Alright, guess that sounds good Mater.” Lightning said.

They both said goodnight to each other as they went to bed.

I see that you took my advice on the paragraphs! I’m glad you did, made it a lot easier to follow. I like how you set the scene at the beginning of each chapter. I also like it more now that it is going off the original movie plot and onto your own. Hope to see the next chapter soon!

Thanks! I usually like to start off with some of the plot from the movie so it would be easier for me to move away from it. The first race in Tokyo will be in the next chapter.

I see, that is a good way to work. Awesome!

I can see Lightning being totally suspicious of Francesco’s behavior. Hahahaha, great chapter Ballboi! I’m glad Finn didn’t get hurt by the laser. I can’t wait to read the Tokyo race next chapter. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I don’t want to give much away but expect something to transpire during the Tokyo race.

Chapter 4 is now up! Sorry if the whole race scene sounds a bit short because I couldn’t think of much to put.

It was time for the race to begin. There were tons of fans ready for the excitement to see their favorite worldwide racers compete for the World Grand Pre. We see Lightning in his pit talking with his pit crew before the race began. He had a suspicious feeling that Francesco was trying to get into his head the previous night. He wanted to get his friends advice on the situation. Lightning was sure that his friends would probably know what was going on.

“Well, I had no idea why he came to stop by.” Lightning told his friends. He thought it was probably an illusion or a weird dream that happened but it wasn’t. His friends were sleeping at the time so they didn’t know what had transpired. He had previously talked to Mater the previous night so he already known his take on it. Lightning thought to himself that Chick Hicks probably wouldn’t of checked on Lightning to see if he was in good condition to race.

“I don’t know what to think man.” Fillmore said to Lightning.

“I’m with Fillmore on this a one.” Luigi added.

Lightning didn’t know what to think. He ran out of time to ask his friends on their opinions. He went on the race track. He felt the adrenaline rush that he had always had during his old races for the Piston Cup. The race was about to begin.

“You go get em’ buddy!” Mater shouted cheering for his best friend.

Lightning turned back to the pit stop and looked at Mater with a smile.

“Alright, I’ll try to win this!” Lightning told Mater.

Lightning began to do his old racing routine where he would close his eyes.

He felt nervous but was confident with himself. Would he win this first race for Radiator Springs?

“Speed. I am speed.” Lightning told himself.

Francesco looked back over to Lightning. He herd what Lightning said to himself.

“Really? You are speed? Well, Francesco is triple your speed McQueen!” Francesco said.

Lightning felt a little anger toward Francesco. He began to start his engine for the race.

“You are so getting beat today!” Lightning said back to Francesco.

Francesco laughed. “We’ll have to see about that McQueen!”

The light went green which signaled the start of the race. McQueen and Francesco were neck and neck heading torwards the first turn of the race. Lightning felt confident in himself that he as going to win. He didn’t even know what he would do if Francesco beat him here.

Mater was calling in from the pit stop to see how McQueen was doing. “How you doin buddy?

McQueen responded by saying “It’s going great! Only a couple more laps to go until I got the first race under my belt.”

He forgot how fast a formula one car actually went. Francesco eventually caught up to him.

“Ciao McQueen!” Francesco said racing at full speed.

Lightning lost his lead. He thought to himself there must be a way to catch up to him before it was too late. They were approaching a part of a race with many turns and twists. Then, Lightning thought of an idea as quickly as thunder would bolt in a storm. Mater suggested to him to do the old trick his friend Doc Hudson had taught him. Eventually, he made those turns look very easy. Francesco had lost his lead.

Lightning felt proud toward Mater. “Thanks buddy!”

Mater and his friends were watching the race from the pit stop. They were cheering their best friend Lightning McQueen on.

Francesco growled. He knew he wasn’t going to be able to catch up to his main rival. He wanted to figure out a way to cheat but he knew he would be disqualified. He then came up with an idea. Instead of cheating, he thought up of a cunningly way to catch up to McQueen. He would wait until last second to boast himself to maximum speed to be able to catch Lightning McQueen. As the final turn was coming up, Francesco boosted up his speed. McQueen was seconds away from winning the first race until Francesco caught up to him last second and was victorious. Lightning had lost the race. Francesco was laughing at McQueen has his plan had worked. The media eventually caught up to Francesco to interview him after the race.

“Mr. Bernoulli, how do you feel about your victory?” A reporter had asked him.

Francesco laughed. “Well, it was a good victory for Francesco has he is leading the entire World Grand Pre!”

Lightning watched furiously as the reporters were asking him questions. He eventually knocked down a couple stacked tires in a furious rage. He knew that he had the race wrapped up until Francesco beat him last second he went over to his crew. They knew Lightning wasn’t going to be happy with them.

Lightning was furious with them. “Why didn’t you guys tell me he was catching up to me?!”

His pit crew looked at him nervously. They didn’t know what to tell him.

Mater went over to Lightning to confront him. “Well McQueen, we didn’t know what to tell …”

“So it was your fault I lost?”

Mater gulped.

“Well not exactly buddy. It’s just that we didn’t see him come up to you until last second. We were about to tell you until the race had ended.”

Lightning was furious. “I just don’t need your help anymore OK?!”

Mater was upset. He wanted to go back to Radiator Springs. “Alright McQueen, I understand.”

Lightning had a change of heart here. He figured out that he just fired his best friend from his pit crew. He called for Mater to come back but it was too late.

The reporters came over to McQueen.

“McQueen! You had that race in the bag, what happened out there?” A reported called to him.

Lightning didn’t know what to say. “I promise nothing like this will happen again. It was all just a big mistake.”

McQueen went back to hotel to call Sally to tell her that Mater was coming back to Radiator Springs.