Beverly Hills Chihuahua

What…? :open_mouth:

My brain… it hurts. It’s so lame it’s funny. I can’t believe Walt Disney is actually releasing this. Ah, well, looks funny overall, might go and watch it on the weekends or something.

Reminds me of Kung Fu (not the Panda, the art) somehow…

BTW, lots of hidden Mickeys in that video.

I think it looks really dumb, but thats just my opinion. I really hate how they say ‘Chihuahua’. ><; It’s annoying.

exactly…chi’hua’hua’…ugh!!!

I watched the trailer and wanted to gouge my eyes out.

MACHU PICCHU IS NOT AZTEC, IT IS INCA.

But it wouldn’t be the fist time Disney has trodden on the Incas in a terrible movie…

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Groove[/url]

I hate to say this…but Dreamworks does the South Americans more justice…who remembers this film? That was epic.

Heck, Disney has come up with a better tribute to America’s southern neighbour in this classic.

I absolutely despise this movie… it’s like a poor remake of Oliver and Company without lovable or cute characters… or a copy of Homeward Bound… without lovable or cute characters… or a copy of The Aristocats… without lovable or sigh :cry:

Oh, come on, give it a chance, guys, you haven’t even watched the movie yet. :unamused:

I actually liked The Emperor’s New Groove, it has a touching story to it. Not too big on the series, but the movie was great.

Gosh, djirrev, you took the words outta my mouth! :smiley: I actually used those movies in my latest spoof video! Did you know the guy who voiced the rat in BHC is the same one who voiced Tico the chihuahua in Oliver & Co.? If you truly hate BHC (and I assume you have seen it), then you’re gonna love my take on it! Just check out the link in my sig, and tell me what you think. If you liked it, drop me a comment under the video (if you have a YT account) or on the thread. If you didn’t, then that’s just tough tacos, mi hombre:wink:

I didn’t think much of TENG when I first saw it, but now I feel like giving it a second chance, WBoon. Some of the humour is very self-aware and dry, so most of it would fly over the kid’s heads. I liked the [spoil]menu-flipping sequence in the diner and their stunned reaction, Kronk’s ‘squirrel talk’, and the final fight for the elixir with Yzma as a cat.[/spoil] Not quite as soul-stirring as, say, the Lion King or WALL-E, but a humourous romp through Inca culture and history.

And yes, as much as I like to make fun of this movie in an attempt to ‘fit in’, I still wish that people would stop whining and complaining about a movie they haven’t even seen, much less don’t even want to in the first place. Yes, it’s stupid, irritating, and uninspired. But there are far greater cinematic travesties this year than this annoying ‘talking dog’ movie… cough Disaster Movie cough Babylon A.D. cough Meet Dave cough The Love Guru cough gack!

Hey! I actually wanted to watch Babylon A.D.! :stuck_out_tongue: It has Vin Diesel in it!

I actually liked the series. The thing is, TENG is absolutely full of my kind of humor (the kind I love, and the kind I love to make), that I might as well have been one of the writers, and the series has so much of the same humor.

Yes, but the Kuzco in the series was totally BS. I mean, if you saw the end of the movie, you would know the Kuzco acted really mature, being really friendly with the old man he kicked out from his very elevated castle, and even letting him punch him on the arm (lightly in the name of humor, of course). Then we get an all childish Kuzco who’s as intelligent as a walnut in the series (okay, bad comparison, but you get the idea). Wow. It just didn’t add up and is utterly disappointing if you ask me.

This is true. However, I think it almost needs to be that way, since half the fun of the movie was dealing with immature Kuzco, and if he’s mature in the series, either he won’t learn anything, or the lessons will be so far above the kids’ heads.

Or you could put it as Kuzco was mature after the end of the movie, but when he found out he needed to go back to school and was essentially kicked off the throne with no access to his palace, he immediately reverted to his selfish, immature self.

Pretty true… the worst part is that they seemed to be the most 1 dimensional annoying characters I’d seen in a while and the jokes weren’t that good and were cliche.

For me at least Meet Dave was better than BHC

And if we’re talking about series that is one of the reasons why I’ve lost a lot of respect for Disney. If you build up something in a movie you do not turn back on it and milk it for all it’s worth in a series that is repetitive and modify the whole idea to something shallow that just follows repetitive cliches.

That said, it’s one of the reasons I really like Pixar because they only make a sequel if it really really works as a film not a $$$ making venture.

A woman at my school said that chihuahuas will be popular now, because of this whole movie … ehh, I dunno about you guys, but I never wanted a chihuahua when I was a kid. Heck, I don’t even want them now! xD But they’re my brother’s and … sigh he just had to have them.

If it gets Buddha a good home, I’ll be happy … he’s a pomchi, and I’m attached to him even though he’s a little stinker … I’m not giving him up to just any old nut. xD

update-

Chihuahua’s makes most income last week in U.S.-via MSN.

Stuff like that makes you think there isn’t a merciful god…

Opinions posted here makes me think there isn’t one open-minded soul.

Although I’m sitting on the fence for this one (and hence resulting in a very sore bum :laughing:), I must back WBoon on what he has to say about the haters.

Sigh To those who have delivered a prejudgement based on the trailers and teasers, quit competing to see who can come up with the best put-down for this movie. Comments like “I’d rather gouge my eyeballs out with a rusty fork than watch this” or “What has humankind come to?” is not only an insult to the filmmakers, however misguided their attempts may be, but also cheeses off people who may be actually looking forward to it. It just…gets…old.

Comments like “This movie is highly cliched, because it rip-offs movies like Homeward Bound, The Mexican, and even the upcoming Bolt. However, the only thing I guess I’d be looking forward to is how actors like Drew Barrymore, Andy Garcia and George Lopez sound like voicing canines,” are way more constructive and give both sides of the story. I’m not saying you’re not entitled to your own opinon, but shooting down a movie even before you’ve had a chance to see it just sounds immature and ignorant. :angry:

Look, I doubt it would be the “greatest chihuahua movie of all time” (even if it’s the only one :smiley:), but until I see it, I’m not going to take a stand. Once I have viewed it in its entirety (because even I don’t think it justifies a theatre admission, but a rental), only then will I be ‘granted’ the right to praise or condemn it as much as I like. Personally I don’t mind positive anticipation for a movie, like “OMG! I can’t wait for Up!” (because who doesn’t like a little happiness, even if you’re not a fan of the film), but negative ones only creates conflicts and arguments about its quality although no one has seen it yet (which happens all too frequently on IMDB).

If anyone has seen BHC, I’d love to hear your take on it. If you say it stinks, then I will take your word for it (likewise if you like it). Until then, everyone’s opinion means zilch.

Oh, and to any of the ‘haters’ who are reading this, please don’t take my rant personally. I’m targeting the naysayers in general, and I don’t want this to erupt into a flame war on a forum full of the friendliest and most understanding people on the Net.
:wink:

Look, I usually am pretty open-minded when it comes to movies. I try to like them for what they are and not try to think of how much better they could’ve been.

But … Beverly Hills Chihuahua?? I don’t hate it, it’s just out of my age group. :stuck_out_tongue: The only reason I’d complain about it is because the trailers for it are pretty unavoidable and the sight of singing/dancing CGI dogs disturbs me. :open_mouth:

It’s just out of your age group?! That’s pretty insulting for a Pixar fan, as many people claim Pixar films to be out of their age group. :unamused:

It’s not like the dogs are doing a Rapunzel remade like you-know-who.

My friend would personally love this film as he’s a major dog lover, and chihuahuas must be an absolutely adorable dog to him - though he prefer other species whose names I couldn’t quite catch. :confused: