Beverly Hills Chihuahua

WBoon: Don’t start a fight. Pixar films are intended for children, mainly, but they also include things adults will enjoy. And although I’m pretty much still a kid when it comes to films and such : the film just doesn’t interest me, and makes me sick thinking about it. That kind of film, I refuse to see. I’m not going to see it “just because I own chihuahuas” like a lot of people I know.

I’m much more of a cat person, but I do love dogs as well - but that love only goes to a certain extent. I love the animals themselves, not every film they’re portrayed in. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems like you’re the one starting it. :unamused:

Yeah, I said the same thing about Shrek, but that’s just because I’m biased, and it turned out to be a good film. What makes you so sure that you aren’t as well? Have you have any substantial evidence as to the mediocrity of the film other than your hostile words attacking its every aspect?

WBoon: I’m not starting a fight. You’re the one who’s attacking me for not liking a film that a lot of people don’t want to see.

I can be biased, but at this point, I rarely go out and see new films anymore. Something that I feel, in my mind, isn’t good, and that I know will not interest me one bit … I’m just not going to see. I don’t care if you say it may be good. I know it may be good. But it’s not going to change the fact that I’m not going to see it.

I’m sorry I won’t even give it a chance. But I’m very picky when it comes to film-watching these days. It has to interest me, even just a little, in order for me to see it. And Beverly Hills Chihuahua doesn’t interest me one bit. If you see it, and like it, good for you. I’m happy you can enjoy it, but I don’t see how I ever can. :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally, I don’t give a hoot if you want to see it or not. :-\ I’m just defending the film till its final premier.

And FYI, I was criticizing your insulting comments - not you, unless your guilt tells you otherwise. :P

I really don’t care if people don’t see it or not, I’m just trying to uphold what possible goodness this film may have, as I have seen many good films with good stories in them fall due to merely biasness and ignorant cynicism.

Go ahead and defend. I’m not being cynical - I’m just stating my opinion. There are a lot of films that just don’t fall into my interests lately, even though I am pretty open-minded when it comes to films. I actually can name a few that I love that people have called the same things they’ve been calling Beverly Hills Chihuahua, so I can relate in that sense.

I do hope I am wrong about the movie though, because we need more great things to come out of Disney nowadays. The more the merrier. :smiley:

You know, some of the Dreamworks Animation features were pretty cheesy in their trailers as well (coughIceAgecough), but their storylines ended up as pretty good. So, who knows, maybe this is the same thing happening. The trailers tell different stories.

WBoon: Now, I’m offended. :laughing: I don’t remember the Ice Age trailers being cheesy. Perhaps I was at the right age at the time it came out to not think so.

I thought Beverly Hills Chihuahua was cheesy when the first trailer came out, but I will say that the second one looked a little promising. It showed that there was more to the story than dancing/singing chihuahuas, at least.

I’m sorry, but if you owned chihuahuas, and you saw that first trailer … it was a nightmare for me. My dogs annoy me enough at times; last thing I want to see them do is go around dancing and singing. :laughing:

EDIT: I am not trying to start a fight - I am trying to agree with you on a certain level, because I have my share of unappreciated films that I love and enjoy.

Heh… you really love to assume the existence of a fight, don’t you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I’ll admit that the trailer was a bit off the professional level, but I feel it is just for a comical effect.

I don’t own chihuahuas (I’m terrified of dogs, FYI), but I’m quite a fan of musicals (HSM is another underappreciated film around this board), so this might seem more appealing to me than to the others. Even so, it means that it has a certain amount of entertainment value, capable of entertaining some, even if not all.

You’re just being nasty, that’s all. I’m sorry if you can’t notice it. I don’t remember you from when I was a regular on this board but … you don’t seem like one of the friendly ones around here. So I’ll just back off.

I’ve said all I need to say. This is dragging on. I’m ending this, also because I need to head off to school now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Being nasty’s a part of life. Everyone is nasty in his or her own manner. If you are too soft like many members here, you are just going against the nature of life and that leaves you at a disadvantage, IMO. It’s a dog-eat-dog world; ironic that I have to use the idiom here. I have to use my nastiness at times to defend the things I love. It’s my nature and I choose to follow it.

And IMO, your words aren’t very cuddly as well. :wink:

I know that nasty is a part of life, but you needn’t be nasty on this forum. I’m sure that’s not in the rules, but … common courtesy, please … :stuck_out_tongue: If anyone’s ‘too soft’ here, it’s because they come on this forum expecting to not be attacked by people who are so set in their ways they can’t bend even just a little bit. If you’re one of those people, then I won’t waste my time on you. I had enough of those types on this forum.

I’m sorry if I came off as ‘not cuddly’ but people are entitled to their own opinions just as I am entitled to mine.

If you choose to live under that excuse, then you would come to respect my opinion in staying defensive, not nasty, too. If you are too blinded to see my defensive nature (which is evidently displayed), then I am unable to let you see the light, and I’ll have to leave it as that as well.

I’m not interested in Beverly Hills Chihuahua- it’s not the movie for me. It doesn’t quite grasp my interest. However, if anyone else likes it and is eager to see it, I’m okay with that.
The teaser trailer got annoying, but now that I know the plot from the real trailer, it’s a little clearer for me.

WBoon: Alright, so you’re defensive. Well, I’ll express my own opinion again in saying that you’re too defensive over a film you haven’t seen yet. Same goes for me: I may be acting too offensive, and if I am, I’m sorry about that.

Fairly Odd New Yorker: Who are you to judge anyone’s personality at all? Who are you to make anyone feel any lousier about themselves? Who are you to make such unnecessary opinions that are better off left in your mind? I might have made some bad comments about the people jumping into conclusions about this film, but I certainly didn’t make it like it’s my career as you had.

WBoon: … What? You need to chill. Seriously. Now, believe it or not, you are looking for a fight. :stuck_out_tongue: Cut. It. Out.

Not really, that’s your assumption which turned out to be inaccurate as I am not looking for a fight; I am merely trying to point out how you always seem to put in some random comments accusing me of some ill-values.

BTW, that comment I quoted is another of those insulting accusation you put in once again out in the open when it’s better off left concealed.

WBoon: I am not being insulting! A lot of people here just don’t like Beverly Hills Chihuahua, and if you remember clearly, I had said that I wouldn’t give a final judgement until I’ve seen it, although seeing it is highly doubtful.

If someone else were to actually view this thread other than you and me (I don’t know why I waste time in doing so), they’d probably agree with me. I’m trying to agree with you on a certain level, but all you keep doing is accusing me of other things and I’m getting really sick of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Un huh. Keep talking, girl.

[b:30pvxe5a]WBoon[/b:30pvxe5a]: It’s called a first impression. And you’re making a horrible one. :-\