Books

Prisone of Azkaban, which ironically, is the one HP movie I really do hate.

To each their own, but I think that one is one of my favorites! (book and movie).

As both an insanely huge fan of the books and of filmmaking, I have to agree with IV.

Prisoner of Azkaban is a nice film in regards to a purely aesthetic approach, but it’s a horrid adaptation and also a bad film, because the script is very poorly written. Nothing gets properly explained.

Prisoner of Azkaban used to be my favourite book, and I liked the movie, but lots of things about the film annoyed me. They forgot to explain all of the Marauder stuff. If you hadn’t read the book then the film is probably a bit confusing.

I like the film of Half-Blood Prince, but I wish they had put less emphasis on the romance and comedy and gone into Voldemort’s backstory more. They also forgot to say what the other Horcruxes would probably be.

That’s exactly what I meant. The film doesn’t make any sense by itself, and the script proposes questions that are never answered.

Yeah. It’s kind of annoying because even if they cut them for time, there’s lots of little pointless moments in the movie that could easily be removed in favour of scenes that actually explain things. I know they did cut a lot out. One actor filmed some scenes as Sir Cadogan but they all got cut out- in the finished film you can only see him in some background shots of the portraits.

Prisonor of Azkaban is also my favorite bookwise and movie. I find the Chamber of secrets movie a little bit more boring then the rest since it drags on forever. My least favorite book may also be Chamber of Secrets, maybe Order of the Phoenix because it’s so long.

That’s what enrages me. Removing important stuff in favour of complete silliness. A ridiculous shrunken head that won’t stop talking?

Exactly. I never liked the 3rd movie, before I even thought of reading the books. It just really confused me. And I thought it was boring. I always enjoy Gary Oldman as Sirius, and other than that, I just think that movie is cheesy and draggy.

But back to books, I can’t wait to see how much more explanation Half Blood Prince offers, since it is my favorite of the more recent HP films. :slight_smile:

That’s interesting ^

Cause POA is both my favourite book and film of the series.

Well, if we all agreed, there would be nothing to discuss. :slight_smile:

I’m reading a book about the history of California.

Reading the mini Art Of Tomb Raider book that came with my Survivor Edition of the game.

Quite tempted to buy the full-length version!

Get ready for lots of trains and oranges! 8D

I started reading the Sam and Max comics, along with finally getting around to reading more Black Jack, and I’ve ordered the first volume of Sailor Moon. Yay for comics!

Finished Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Currently reading The Children of Húrin, and will read Quidditch Through the Ages, as soon as my sister gets it back from her friend. :unamused: I really wish Hogwarts: A History was a real book as well. I’d be all over that. 8D

I agree wholeheartedly.

It’s just that according to Goblet of Fire, Hogwarts: A History has over a thousand pages, so I’m sure she’ll never write it.

Yes, it would be a hefty read. And I think he’s done with the Potter-verse anyway. :`-(

Well, she still owes us the encyclopaedia. She has virtually promised it.

That would be good! Honestly what I really love about her side-books to accompany HP is that the money goes to children. <3 So generous.

I’m currently reading the Hunchback of Notre Dame.