Cars Characters- Humanized

[size=85]^-^ I think big brown eyes, because, yes they are the original color. :slight_smile: [/size]

I can’t really picture Lighting McQueen looking like Owen Wilson too^^.

Oh, haha, I was just going from memory on the Guido description. Brown eyes it is. Either way works for me. :laughing:

Oooh! I like that visual of McQueen too! :slight_smile:

I love that human McQueen as well, I wanna say I shared some of the artist’s other human Cars characters before. They’re uber talented :smiley:

I was surprised to see that there was a topic on this, because by the time Cars 2 started rolling around last year and I started getting obsessed over it, I starting drawing the characters as humans, due to my lack of ability to draw vehicles at the time. I drew a LOT of them on DisneyCreate, my favorite online art community (www.disney.com/create). Look for my stuff! You’ll know it’s me when you see a Cars-themed screenname and my portfolio is full of Pixar art… including a number of humanized Cars characters. I’ll post some of my art here when I have the time to draw something really worthwhile. I do have a picture of Lightning, Mater, and Sally in Christmas outfits that’s pretty good… but because it’s May, I don’t know about putting it up now. Anyway, I totally see the whole thing with Lightning looking like Owen Wilson! I think my most unusual design is Mater, who started out looking more like Larry The Cable Guy, but well, after Cars 2 came out, I started making him look younger, and well, let’s just say my brother said he thought the end result looked a lot like Leonardo DiCaprio! But hey, there must be some reason a lot of girls have had a thing for him before Holley came in! :wink:

Interesting! I tried looking for you but there was too many. :frowning: :laughing: Could you maybe post some here? It doesn’t matter about the Christmas thing! I’d love to see it. I have a drawing I drew of Lightning and Sally at Christmastime on art page if you want to see it. :wink:

Heh heh… sorry about that, I should’ve probably mentioned my screenname. I go by CARSGirl, though I haven’t drawn much on Create in a while, so you’d have to search for me, and the search engine hasn’t been updated in some time so all the drawings of mine that come up are really old. But then you could see my page. Thanks for taking an interest! I saw your Cars art and I think it’s so cute! I love the way you do them! Oh, and I will post some more of my stuff soon!

I just looked through your gallery. I loved them! Especially your Finn McMissile one and the “tire-five” moment between Lightning and Mater is so good. I got to give you props for drawing cars. I can’t do that to save my life. XD Thank you! I look forward to see more from you. :smiley:

Thanks so much again! Drawing vehicles is no easy task… I can really only draw them if I have a reference in front of me and have a lot of time on my hands :slight_smile: Once again, it means a lot having your support! I look forward to seeing more art from you, too! I’ll send you a PM when I get the chance!

so here’s my basic, how i picture everyone in town:

McQueen: taller, dirty-blonde hair, slender, slightly muscled, and usually (not on race day) red converse, jeans, and a Rust-eze, Rt 66, Radiator springs, or other random (always red) t-shirt

Sally: tall, light brown wavy or curly hair (with natural blonde & red in it), thin, but not that scary-unnatural thin (like, she has a little muscle, a natural amount), usually (not on court days, though i don’t see her getting too dressed up for court, everyone knows her except the criminal) light blue converse, jeans, Rt. 66 (or other Radiator Springs related) t-shirt (usually light blue)

Flo: about like everyone else has said, waitress outfit in her paint color, graying hair

Ramone: Tall, little mustache (like the thing above his mouth in his car-self… its not really a grill… idk what it is) paint-stained jeans and shoes

Red: i agree with whoever said “Gentle Giant” earlier, but, of course, he always has a watering can or hose with him for watering the flowers

Mater: a very Larry the cable guy- like guy

Lizzy: elderly, white hair, false teeth, asleep in a rocking chair on the porch

Luigi & Guido: both shorter (though Luigi would be a little taller than Guido), both would have a little hat, Luigi’s would be black, Guido’s Blue, Guido waring overalls over a dark blue t-shirt, both stained with grease (from the greasy bolts on tires, and dirt on old tires) and his little drill in that loop in the overalls, a rag (to clean the hubcaps and bolts) hanging from his pocket. Luigi would also have overalls, but not satined with grease, just dirt on the knees and a t-shirt under his overalls too, and Luigi would also have a mustache similar to Ramone’s (the emblem in Luigi’s case)
~random question: does anyone else think Guido’s eyes look PURPLE when he’s dressed in his Ferrari gear during the dirt race in Cars 1?

Filmore: Hippie… complete with tye-dye headband (though graying hair), tye-dye t-shirt with that vest Ken has in Toy Story 3, a peace necklace, bell-bottoms, glasses, little beard (like his licensee plate) you get the idea

Doc: i want to picture him in kakis, with a blue shirt (but that could be because everyone in my family from that time period wares kakis when they aren’t working in the garden, something about getting blue jeans at the hardware for $0.50) with greying hair and glasses, plus a mustache (like his car-slef has)

Frank: the evil rancher down the road :slight_smile: kinda like in Second Hand Lions, sitting on the porch with a gun ready for the trouble makers ~coughMaterCough~ to disturb his cattle

Hahaha! Yeah. 8D Although Frank is supposed to be a bull.

I basically agree with all of that, sally&stickers. Nice job. :wink: :mrgreen: Hahaha, I love the Frank one. :laughing:

Ha ha! sally&stickers, the idea of Frank being a crazy rancher is so funny! I wouldn’t have thought of it! Anyway, I now have a thread for my art! And I have posted a drawing of humanized McQueen that I think turned out really good! And I’m currently working on a drawing of the humanized Tuner Gang (Boost, Wingo, DJ, and SnotRod). I love this thread :smiley:

THAT is funny! 8D

LOL!
And about Francesco, i CAN’T see him walking around shirtless, i don’t know i just can’t. :confused:

Well, that would actually be pretty logical… Normal cars have fenders covering (hiding) their suspension, while Francesco’s is fully exposed, which is like if we were seeing his “musculature”.
Like John Lasseter said here: “He’s an
open-wheel car, and in the car world, an open-wheel car is like those guys who barely
button their shirts.”

i know he’s supposed to be a bull, but i don’t think of bulls chasing local troublemakers off and protecting a heard of cattle… er, tractors

Ya. But whenever I think of Francesco as a human, I always see him in his racing gear with his helmet under his arm, with a charmin smile. :slight_smile:

That’s usually how I picture McQueen at the beginning of Cars 1, in his fries suit with a Rust-eze baseball hat (with Lightning McQueen logos of course), then later in to movie I picture him in like Jeans and a t-shirt.

Just think of Francesco with his fire suit not zipped all the way up to the neck, since the lack of fenders is supposed to be him showing off.

Now i’ve given it some thought, I see Francesco as:
Tall, a little taller than Lightning would be, warm brown eyes, slightly muscled, chocolate brown hair, slightly tanned, calm with his trademark smile on his face. Basically this: [url]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=52xrv7&s=6[/url] Some people picture him with a beard or goatie. I do not, and so its clear, that isn’t a beard in the picture, its the shadow on his neck.

Wow, Francesco Bernoulli!

His smile and look in particular are perfect. They look exactly like his expression on your signature. I see no flaws, great job Bonanna! I can’t wait to see Carla Veloso (but I will 'cause I want it to look great! :mrgreen: )