Cars Fan Commentary

I was busy today so LightningAndDoc and thewisecookiesheet, I haven’t been able to start editing your Cars commentary. Actine, I haven’t been able to put your schedule into Google Calendar yet. Tomorrow I may be busy as well, but I’ll try to organize and edit these commentaries with what free time I do have. Before editing the second Cars commentary I’ll try to find a time for the third Cars commentary.

It’s okay. I understand.

Okay. Sweet. Thanks for letting us know.

LaD and I were anxiously waiting for it and I think we’re better now, now that we know when to expect it x)

Actine and TDIT - When I decided to record a commentary with just LaD and TWCS I assumed that I would be able to find a time for you and TSS because there’s only three of you, but I was wrong. There is no time this month when all three of you are available for more than an hour. There may be a solution, though. How would you feel about recording the commentary in three 39 minute chunks on three separate days (I already talked to TSS on Skype and he’s ok with it)? I can stitch the three parts together into one part. Here are some times when all three of you are available for an hour:

11 Sep 15:00 UTC
12 Sep 15:00 UTC
18 Sep 15:00 UTC
19 Sep 15:00 UTC
25 Sep 15:00 UTC
26 Sep 15:00 UTC

Laugh out loud, all those times are past midnight for me! :stuck_out_tongue: But as long as they’re one-hour blocks, I think I can stay awake… :wink:

I’m fine with all the timeslots at the mo’, how about TSS and Actine? So when will be the first session? And thanks again for taking the trouble to accomodate our various schedules, Peter.

Actine said that he won’t be able to make it to the one on 11 Sep, but he also said that he may not be able to do the commentary at all because of the three segment format (he hopes that he can do it though). TSS said that he’s ok with doing the commentary on three separate days, but he hasn’t yet confirmed that he can make it on the days that I listed (however he has said that the time of day is fine for him).

I think this weekend may be too short notice to get one up and running. Maybe next weekend (18 and 19) or the one after that (25 and 26). Besides, Cars has been picked for this week’s Movie Night anyway.

So is Actine still interested? And TSS, do you want to participate next week or the one after (I’m leaning towards the end of the month). :slight_smile:

I think this commentary needs more publicity, as the turnout is not as many as the previous films… :frowning: I’ll drop a line in my sig soon.

I’m here. Waiting. I can do it right today or the next scheduled day (18th). On 19th I’m afraid I can’t do that - I am invited to the wedding party I can’t miss by some very unlucky chance (to say less, it is connected with a boss) and both on 25th and 26th I hope I can commentate, but I can stay online not more than for two hours

oh, ok. read it. I didn’t have internet so I didn’t know about the changes. Okay, I’ll be online on 18th.

Thanks Actine, for letting us know when you’re available.

Everyone - We’re going to try to record the Cars commentary in three segments at these times:

18 Sep 15:00 UTC
25 Sep 15:00 UTC
26 Sep 15:00 UTC

Edit: During the second session we can start at this frame (which is the first frame from this camera angle):

During the third session we can start at this frame (which is the first frame from this camera angle):

Wow, three consecutive weekends of Cars! Can ya handle it? Can ya? Can ya?

Thanks for pulling this together again, Peter. Now we just have to wait for TSS’ reply. I think I’ll advertise this so more people who have done a practice and are interested are made aware of this. I’m not sure what the limit is, but the more the merrier, I guess? :slight_smile:

Here is the second Cars commentary: NTSC, PAL. :smiley:

TSS said that he can make it to the times I posted here, so be ready to commentate. :slight_smile:

Copy that. :slight_smile:

Only Actine and I showed up today, so here are some options for recording the commentary. 1. We can try to record the Cars commentary in two parts during the two remaining times. 2. Actine, The Star Swordsman and thedriveintheatre - you can send me your schedules for October and I can try to find times to record the third segment during that month (I may even find a time in October when we can do the commentary in one segment).

Ack! Sorry about that, Peter and Actine, I was pulling an all-nighter for an assignment and forgot about it! :blush: Aaah…

It would be best if this can be done in one-shot so that I don’t have to remember three different sessions. Option One’s fine with me, if there’s any way I can accommodate to make it a one-shot, I’d gladly do so (Maybe you could send what times TSS and Actine will be available at the same time to me, then I’ll just pick one?).

Regarding Option Two, I have a feeling October will be the same as September with me, if not, even less time because it’s the final month for our graduating finals and it’s the home stretch for assignments… so I may not have as much free time as before. :frowning:

so what do we do? Sep 25, 3 PM UTC or the same time Sep 26? Let me know because I have to fit my not so flexible schedule to it

Actine - Yes, I did want all of us to meet on Sep 25, at 3 PM UTC to record some of the Cars commentary. I hope it’s not too late to fit this into your schedule.

Wow, time flies! :open_mouth: Gotta remember to stay up late… god… 1 am… :confused: But it’s Cars, should keep me awake! :slight_smile:

Actine and TDIT - TSS can’t make it on Friday, but he’ll try to be there to record at the same time on Saturday. Since we can’t record the entire commentary on Saturday, I’ll need your schedules into October. I’m sorry that you all have had to wait so long to commentate on Cars.

It’s okay, Peter, you’ve been patient with our frequent schedule changes, so you must be thanked for that! :wink:

I’ll send you my October schedule pronto.