Central Cars 2 Discussion (Part 2)

Well, I’m back after seeing Cars 2 and playing 9 hole of golf. Personally I think Cars had a deeper message than Cars 2, but I believed overall, that Cars 2 was a better film. I’ll write up a proper review at a later date. It definitely does NOT deserve a rotten rating. It deserves at least a 60, maybe even 70 percent.

Here: tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M … ShipCombat

In a nutshell, it really doesn’t matter who the movie pairs up, ship wars still happen. Ship wars are pretty much just when supporters of two conflicting pairings fight and fight and bash each other over whose ship is better, more in line with the characters, better set up…that kind of stuff. Its bloody and painful and no one is ever the same. As a veteran of both the Avatar: the Last Airbender and House MD ship wars, I suggest you stay away.

Probably not a popular opinion, but perfect 100 or bust!!! xD Then again, so should every other Pixar movie. There, that makes it fair. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think Cars 2 deserves a 34%, but definitely not a 100% either. I’d say mid-60s.

So I was thinking, Rod must be at least 70 years old. His bio says he was hired after the Cold War, which was 50 years ago, and in the Cold War he was an agent (also according to his bio), and we can assume he was at least 20. So am I thinking right? Because he was tough for a 70 year old.

Rod’s bio only mentions that he was hired as an agent after the Cold War, which effectively ended with the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. Rod is definitely not that old.

It’s normally debate and fanfiction and stuff like that.

I think. Fillmore should have had a girlfriend. I’m thinking this because. I saw a hippie looking smart car the other day.

THE ORGIANAL CENTRAL CARS 2 DISCUSSION IS BACK AND RUNNING!!!

I mess it up and I AM VERRY VERRY VERRY SORRY for what I did. :blush:

It’s okay. Just remember, direct attachments are a no-no.

Yep I know that direct attachments are a BIG no-no.

I dont wanna start a topic on Zundapp cuz I dont wanna get in trouble so…

Anyone else here a Zundapp fan?
I loved his personallity and the car he was made after. Plus, a car with a monocle is epic win in my book!

I wouldn’t mind a Z thread. Or a general villains discussion thread, at least. :slight_smile:

Heck yes cars with monocles.

In general, the little “ship war” in the fandom is actually quite friendly and is encouraging people to write more fic, but there are a few unnatural break up fics that are driving me up a wall.

C’mon guys. You’re not proving a point about thinking a couple doesn’t work if you can’t show they don’t work in a way that fits their characters. :unamused:

I demand a Zundapp/villians thread. If its okay with the mods I can start one up!

So I was just wondering, has anyone done a body count on the film yet? :astonished: I mean, there’s no doubt that Cars 2 is certainly Pixar’s most violent film, and quite a good number of cars (both spies and villains) kicked the bucket throughout it. I just can’t help but think of poor Leland and Rod and the horrible ways they went. :frowning: What heroes, they gave their lives for their countries. How terribly depressing…

I doudt anybody would have trouble with you staring one! It’s easy! Just go to the Cars section and click the “new topic” button. :smiley:

At least it’s not as gory as the original idea. Originally, this movie was not written for cars at all, but due to its graphic content, Disney made them change it to be about inanimate objects. To save work, they used the preexisting characters from the first Cars.

Haha, I’m just kidding. I completely made that up.

Actually, I’m surprised that there isn’t one already. Yeah, you should make one!

Sweet. I just wanted to make sure it was fine. I did’nt wanna get in trouble/have it locked.

Tow Mater: LOL! Oh my gosh, that was freaking hilarious! everyone stares at girl rofl o_0 Well, uh, at least I thought it was very funny. :laughing: