Current Mood

Awww, baby that’s awful. :frowning: You know if I were there with you I would have given you a big, long hug after all of that. Your stepdad’s just talking a bunch of crap - don’t let it get to you. Do you guys have a hard time getting along anyways? Maybe he just got into a mood based on something that might have happened earlier. I know you’re upset about it, but sometimes people simply overreact and take it out on others.

I’m probably not helping at all, huh? :frowning:

No matter what anyone says, I think you’re amazing and special, and you’re not useless no matter what anyone tells you. You have to hold your head high and refuse to let stuff like that get to you. It’s really hard to let go of something someone said, and I know cuz I’ve been there before, but once you do you’ll feel so much better and more confident in yourself. Stop trying to please others and focus on becoming an individual. If others don’t like it, it’s their problem, not yours! :slight_smile:

Keep your head up high, and dust off your shoulders… :slight_smile:

little chef

Aw, thanks baby :smiley: It means so much to me to know that you care <3

Mood: A lot better

Reason: After a nice nights sleep, a good day at school, and reading little_chef’s comment, I’m feeling tons better today :smiley:

mood: Stressed/Depressed

reason: my head is being overwhelmed with thoughts on my future, school, and finals. Sometimes, i just wish I could play god and set my future in stone.

TheStarSwordsman: I understand how you feel. I have a lot of exams too next month, and just don’t know how I’m going to remember everything. It’s stressful, I know- especially when you start to think about your future, and then you suddenly think that if you don’t do well, your future will fade away. But that’s not true- just keep studying, take things easy and enjoy life. A positive attitude equals success, and a great future!:mrgreen:

Aww, so sweet skunklover!

I know how you feel, TheStarSwordsman. But it’ll all be over soon!

Mood: Vaguely worried.

Reason: Well, we currently have no Prime Minister…I’m not one for politics really, but I can’t see how this can be a good thing. Hopefully it’ll all get sorted out soon.

right now I am feeling good, I have just finished university. My final piece of work can be found through this thread St_jons's Work and I would really appreciate people taking the time to watch it.

I’m open to critique and am happy to answer any questions people may have about it :slight_smile:

Congratulations, St_Jons! That must be an amazing feeling, knowing that after so much hard work and effort, it’s all done. And I’ll definitely be watching your final project. :smiley:

So what are your plans now you’ve completed your university course, may I ask?

Thanks Lizardgirl, I’m going to try and get any job I can for a year and then apply for a masters course at bournemouth uni for 2011. They are the number 1 for animation in the uk so it would be amazing to get in.

I’m going to be taking life drawing classes in the evening all next year and hopefully be animating any free second I get as I don’t want to get rusty… not to mention its what I enjoy doing more then anything

Sounds like a good plan, St_Jons. A close friend of mine is currently an undergraduate at Bournemouth and absolutely loves it, so I’m sure the postgraduate experience will be equally amazing.

And you’ll be only three quarters of an hour away from me! How special does that make you feel? :laughing:

Good luck with applying for your Masters!

wow, are they studying animation? If so they stand a good chance for the future! I’ve spoken to many animators in london and all of them say they work with people from bournemouth.

Thanks very much, I hope I get in so bad, the life drawing classes I plan to take are all to make me a more desirable student haha. Having said that I would love to learn to be a better artist as well

St_Jons- She actually studies Psychology, but nevertheless, the student experience itself at Bournemouth seems to be great, it’s a brilliant environment to study in.

And as you’re continuing to keep up with your animation and practising life drawing, it sounds like you’ll be very prepared by the time you start your Masters! Real commitment there.

I’m so glad things are going better for you, little chef :smiley: ! Both me and my mom prayed for you the other night. I hope things continue to get better for ya!

Current Mood: Entertained

Reason: Well, I just went out to talk to my mom a little while ago, and we heard sudden and loud BANG! So we’re like, 'What the heck?!" I had an idea of what it was, through. I walked over to my one gecko’s tank, to see him standing on top of his tree/hiding place. He had been pushing one the lid! Though, this wasn’t the first time :laughing: . Our little escape artist had tried that a couple times before (though he never actually got out), but it only follows. It was GC, and he’s a beast! Also, I thought having that tree in there was taking too much of his space to walk around. So, now we’ve got his vote :laughing: .

Current Mood: Annoyed and mad

I’m in a real funky mood now. I have a video production class, and we’re doing a group project on a short film. I wanted to shoot the film at a friend’s place (cos’ he owes me a couple of favours, namely school essays), but they insisted on mine because of the convenient location and ‘better living room’. This is after I paid the cab fare to show them my friend’s place, and after one of the group member backed out when we considering her abode because of its ‘messiness’ and it’s a ‘girl apartment’ with ‘feminine products’. But then I have to ask: Why doesn’t she just hide 'em? And ain’t my place just as messy, and similarly filled with ‘masculine products’? Ooh… you gotta watch out for my razors and shaving creams!

But fairy 'nuff. I pushed all the crap out of my living room into my bedroom and told them it’s off-limits yesterday. Told my brother to clean his share, but he put it to the last minute in an act of defiance. But upon their arrival this afternoon, they started entering my room to place their bags and equipment inside. That’s okay. Then they started making a right mess of my living room, eating takeaways, spilling water they’ve taken from the fridge and using copious amounts of tissue paper to mop the mess up and clean the clapperboard after every take.

Then we went out to a nearby cafe to shoot another scene, but they conveniently forgot a few pieces of equipment. I had to run back to my apartment not once, but twice, to fetch those required items. And one groupmate was very pushy and kept rushing us, even though we had ample time to plan the shots and prepare the filming. I know this session is at the expense of your time, but it’s the same with everyone else! :imp:

Ugh, I’m so sick of this group project! And they’re going to use my house again for the whole of next week! I think I need to lie down… :frowning:

Aww, that’s so cute of your gecko, Violet Parr! Aww. I really want a gecko now, haha.

That sucks, thedriveintheatre. Is there no way you can convince them to shoot at a different location?

Mood: In a hurry.

Reason: I’d better be getting ready for Sixth Form, but instead I’m on Pixar Planet. :laughing:

Haha, I’m always in a hurry to get my schoolwork done, just so I can spend time on here. Pixar Planet is slowly taking over my life… :laughing:

lizardgirl - I’m afraid not. We have less than two weeks left to complete the assignment and it’s too late to change location now. I also just received a call from one of my group members (not the pushy one), who had a mini-nervous breakdown. She claims two of our actors may back out, but she was overreacting since they had no replied to her SMS. I told her to give them a call directly, and that if she was too shy, I could ask on her behalf (but these actors were her contacts, after all). I assured her if there were any problems, she should let us know so we can help us each other, and she thankfully calmed down after that. :slight_smile:

Current Mood: Happy and excited

I’m going for a hiking trip with some friends tomorrow! It’s at Chowder Bay, along its scenic costal trail. There’s some WWII relics like a hospital and a fort, and there should be nice sea views too.

I also spent my afternoon sketching my first HTTYD fan-art, and I can’t wait to digitally colour it in! :slight_smile:

I really should be logging off now (it’s a little past midnight), since we’re meeting up at 8 am in the morning!

Mood: Happy, surprised, and definitely excited! :smiley:

Reason: Yesterday morning I got a call from a really good friend of mine who works in HR for an insurance company here. We’ve been good friends for years, and she comes to my church and gives me rides to worship team rehearsals and such, and she’s also helped us out financially and in many other ways on more than one occasion. (Two years ago, she let me borrow her car for my driver’s test, and let me practice with it for several weeks beforehand!) Anyhow, yesterday morning when she called, the first thing she said over the phone was “I want to give you a laptop.” I was kind of shocked at first - that was the last thing in the world I had expected to hear!!

Apparently, it was one she had bought for work a couple years ago, but hardly ever used, and I had told her about some of the problems I had been having with my mom’s laptop a few days prior, but I never expected her to turn around and say “Here, have my old laptop!” She’s going to have her computer technician clean it out and take off all of her personal information, and then she’s going to give it to me.

It’s not the prettiest laptop in the world, but it’s practically brand new. It’s an IBM ThinkPad T500 with a 15 in. screen, 80GB hard drive, 1GB of RAM, and a 3G Wireless capabilities. My only qualm is that it runs on Windows Vista, and we have had nothing but problems with the only other Vista we have, so I’m a bit apprehensive about that fact - but other than that, I’m pumped! It’s really not as bulky or boxy as I imagined it to be, and it’s gonna fit nicely in my lap for writing stories on my bed at night. :slight_smile: And it will definitely get me by until I can get my MacBook Pro one of these days. :smiley:

little chef

Good for you, little_chef! BTW, I read your post about “Keep your head up high, and dust off your shoulders”…I absolutely love that song!

Mood: relaxed

Reason: Just finished my schoolwork for the day, and now I’m back here typing!!!

Wow that’s awesome little_chef_eva09! My laptop is someone’s old one they gave me too. It’s exciting isn’t it? :smiley:

Mood: Happy
Reason: Last day of school! And I played with my chicks; they chased a lazerlight. It was hilarious. :laughing: And one of them sat on my arm. The only thing I’m NOT happy about is it’s really hot, so I had to put my hair up in a ponytail.(I don’t like putting my hair up it makes me feel girly.) And I’m looking for hedgehog breeders so I’ll know where to buy one next year.

Cheerful and a tad bit hyper. :smiley: