Despicable Me 2

that’s a good idea

It’s been done! Any idea on what the plot could be? :question:

youtube.com/watch?v=iH3a2Ju72q0

skip to 1:01 in this episode of beyond the trailer. It explains more about the plot. Aparently, it has a new villan. But i still want to see it because i think a sequel could work. (As long as they dont make a third)

I just hope the sequel will be better then the first film. I mean, the first film is kind of overrated as I didn’t like it all that much. It’s just that the characters really annoyed it and the plot was just kind of generic.

I thought the first film was ok, but I don’t really want a sequel.

This could be really good.

dunno yet what to think about this, I’ll be seeing how The Lorax performs next year in order to analize if despicable 2 has a chance to be as successful as the first film.

I only hope this franchise does not get as boring and tiring as the ice age, madagascar and shrek series

Although no follow-up was necessary, DM2 seems a much more likely (and welcome) sequel than Monsters University. Agreed, bryanbmp, The Lorax will offer a good hint of what’s to come.

Interesting that Illumination has reportedly formalized their partnership with Mac Guff, who animated DM. Illumination (previously just a production company) is apparently consolidating with a CG-animation studio in an opposite approach to the example of Sony Pictures Animation and Aardman (separate production company and animation studio). This could indicate high self-confidence about Illumination’s future.

I agree. Because, I really can’t stand when they turn a film series into, well let’s face it, money-making machines.

I just hope to that Illumination doesn’t have Despicable Me be their Shrek or Ice Age.

Same here. Four sequels are just overkill.

Yep. I just hope they don’t turn Despicable Me into a franchise or anything. If they do, then I hope it isn’t filled with spinoffs and sequels like Shrek.

apparently, it looks like, nobody expected such a success from Despicable Me, it made a lot of money domestic and overseas, a sequel would be well received by audiences, at least I hope Illumination makes a descent and quality film

I loved the first one, and I’m excited for this one!

I just hope the sequel is an improvement on the first film. The first one was kind of a disappointment to me and didn’t like it as much as everyone else.

wow. I didnt even hear of this till now. Not that I plan on seeing it. (my mind will be focused elsewhere that summer, as the next Star Trek is set to come out then) I kinda enjoyed the first one, but as I recall, I didnt see much room there for a sequel. Now, I havent seen it in a long time so I dont totally remember, but isnt he like kinda nice now, with those kids and everything? Even if he did suddenly go back to being completely bad, wouldnt that be a bad example for them?

As much as I liked the first DM, I’m not sure where they could go with a sequel.

^ I agree. I don’t think this will be as good as the first.

I also agree^^.

I don’t know what to think about a sequel to this film yet. Hopefully, it will be better then the original.