Disneyland, world, and everything else

Are any of you guys hardcore Disneylanders? (or world or whatever else they’ve built

nowadays). I’ve noticed a bit of discussion about the topic in another thread so I thought I would make it

official. Oh btw this also includes California Adventures.

I had a Disneyland Annual Pass (deluxe, mind

you) for the last years and it just expired two days ago. :cry: I’ve had so many good memories there… it’s

insane. I have a friend who got the pass the same time I did and he’s obsessed with Disneyland… and he knew all

the events and tricks of trade going around Disneyland. And plus it was during the 50th aniversary this last

year… so that was an extra treat (actually I renewed it after a year because the 50th year pass for mail-in

renewals was extremely pretty… and shiny!).

There are so many great things to do there… especially when

you catch a day when it’s relatively empty. I love Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Turtle Talk, Buzz Lightyear,

Fireworks (you HAVE to see this if you go… the one at Disneyland is especially good and long), Fantasmic,

churros, tortilla factory, Maliboomer, Tower of Terror, and just about everything else!

So, let us discuss

these magnificent worlds that have been created for our utter enjoyment! :mrgreen:

Back in 1998, my family went on EVERY rollercoaster-like

ride at Disneyland . . . except one: Go Go Gadget’s Rollercoaster. It was closed for repairs and such, and we

missed our chance.

In 1999, my sister and mother and their friends went as Girl Scouts . . . and THEY

couldn’t get on it because of a stinkin’ Bee-hive was found on the coaster!

Since then, any family or

friend of mine I’ve met has oddly NEVER been able to get on that coaster for one reason or another . . . bad

timing I guess!!

I’ve been to Disneyland twice. I just LOVE all the detail in that park! :smiley:

That’s really odd,

Phoenician. Actually I didn’t realize that ride was called that until now! But don’t worry about it… it’s not

so great. Although it’s fast I think we timed it and it only lasted 45 seconds.

I really like the detail

too. There’s just so much to see and so many clever little decorations. I forgot that I also really like Pirates

of the Caribbean… and now they’ve added Jack Sparrow and Barbossa. And I also can’t wait for the Finding Nemo

ride to open in 2007!

I’ll always remember I was five years old when I first went to DisneyWorld. My parents got

my sister and I up about four o’clock in the morning on Christmas Day, FORCED us downstairs (when have the

parents ever gotten up before the kids?!) and there were no toys under the tree, just a bumbag and an autograph

book each. Then they handed us a christmas card with Mickey and Minnie Mouse on the front which said something

about how they were going to see us soon. We were so confused… And then my

mother shouted, ‘We’re going to DisneyWorld for Christmas!’ XD It became a tradition after that, we went

once a year for the next few years at Christmas time. (Which was fantastic because Scotland is very, very

cold! :wink: ) I’ve been to DisneyWorld approximately a gazillion times, DisneyLand

two or three, and EuroDisney once – although I only live a ten minutes’ boat ride away from France, so I’m

trying to plan a trip to go back again soon! The last time I was there, Hunchback

had just been released, and the castle had been redecorated in orange and purple, it was fantastic!

Euch. Personally I hate that they did that.

[i]Respect the

classics, man![/i]

Yeah I wasn’t all hot for it either.

Although it was kinda exciting to ride it the first time after refurbishment. It’s kinda lame though because all

Jack does is pop up in a barrell every now and then. I like how they took the ride into the movie… not the

other way around.

You said it, Meg!

They’ve already

ruined my favorite Disney ride of all time, Journey Into Imagination with Figment. I went to Epcot 2 years ago,

and I left traumatized. I’m not going back to that park until they do something about it. That’s how upset I

am. :`-(

Aside from that, I’m a Disney World freak. I’ve gone to all 4 parks, and I’ve probably gone

to Magic Kingdom 100 times. My family and I lived in Florida many years ago so we were able to get the Florida

residents discount.

My favorite ride was Space Mountain, until I went with Dash to Animal Kingdom 2 months

ago. I still like it, but it doesn’t compare to Expedition Everest. And boy, was that line long. Even the

FastPass line had a line! We had to wait until the end of the day to ride it, but it was well worth the wait.

:-D)

I’m addicted to Disney pin trading. I have 75 pins, and most of them are Stitch. 9 of them are

Incredibles pins but have yet to find Helen, Violet, Edna, and Syndrome. However, I do have a pin of Bob and Mr.

Huph for Boss’s Day.

~~=oP

What did they do to Figment? I didn’t get to go to

Journey Into Imagination last time I went, over Christmas. It was one of my favorite things at Epcot.
I think

I’ve been to Disney World quite a bit considering I live about 10 hours away. I went when I was 5, 8, and 16

with my family, at age 12 with a school group, and over Christmas with my boyfriend and his family. I love it

more every time!

I want to go to Disney World so bad… Although Disneyland is similar there are special things each one has… I

especially want to ride Tower of Terror at Disney World. But if you ever stop by Disneyland BE SURE to watch the

fireworks: “Remember, Dreams Come True”. Although I heard they have a kinda similar one at World, this

one is longer and… oh… you won’t reget it…

Oh, the Tower of Terror

really was terrifying!! I went on that with my brother in law, and I’d been teasing him all day because he gets

really freaked out on rollercoasters (but he still loves them), while I, well, I just love them! :mrgreen: But

when we went on that we were both screaming our heads off! It just drops so quickly, then there’s this really

abrupt stop, and then it starts flying back up to the top to drop down again! Plus, by the time we were on the

ride, a storm had started and we could actually see the lightning outside!

Freaky!!

I haven’t been since

I was a wee blobby. I waAAaAaaAAaAaSSsssSS… 3? Yeah…

[quote="Call

me Vi"]
What did they do to Figment?
[/quote]

Oh, it’s horrible! It’s

no longer the ride we remember going on as kids.

They shut it down on October 10th, 1998 so they could

change the ride. They wanted a new ride for the millennium. People were upset because Figment was absent from

the ride entirely. However, when they finally brought him back 2 years after the new version of the ride opened,

all they did was rearrange things a little so they could put him in his place. It still sucks very

badly.

I’m quoting this part from Wikipedia:

Rumors have been going around that

John Lasseter, the new head of Walt Disney Imagineering, has greenlighted a fourth refurbishment, putting Tony

Baxter, who headed the design of the original, in charge of the project. The apparent plans for this

refurbishment would remove the Imagination Institute theme and return to something similar to the original. The

possibilities of the project getting full approval though apparently depends on the success of the 2006

enhancements of Pirates of the Caribbean and if fully approved, the project would span 8 months and the pavilion

reopen in time for Epcot’s 25th anniversary.

~~=oP

I love Disneyland and California Adventure. It is a tradition in my family to go to each place

once or twice a year.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: That’s great! Disneyland

food is so good…

I want to agree with that. I love the Italian restrant

located across the Disney store in DownTown Disney

I haven’t eaten in Downtown Disney much… I’m content

with the churros and popcorn and “soul food” (in New Orleans Square). :smiley: It is so good… yumyummm.

But my friends and I are usually so busy running around the park that we usually grab chicken tenders and fries.

Which, despite the simplicity are still really good. And the pasta at Rocket Pizza is deliciousss! OH, and swing

by Bengel BBQ and get bacon-wrapped asparagus. I don’t eat bacon anymore but it may be the only thing I would

sacrifice my non-red meat diet for!

I never ate in any restraunts in

New Orleans Square. It is always crowded.

Everywhere is always crowded lol.

But you should swing by RIGHT before they close. There’s probably no one there by that time. :smiley:

Crowds are a big

problem at Disney restaurants.

When Dash and I went to Animal Kingdom this summer, we wanted to eat at the

Rainforest Cafe near the park entrance, but there was a line to get tables that went through the gift shop and

out the door. Aye yi yi!

That place does have a wonderful gift shop

though.

~~=oP