Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

I really like the choices on the wave two pieces. Jesse and Bullseye are integral to the whole story line as primary characters. Absolutely they should be next. The New Buzz I like, I hope the belt lights up as well. :slight_smile: I also hope they do the box a bit more accurately and pop the collection series logo on the back for a total accurate display piece. I can stack him on top of my original Buzz that I popped in the new collector series box.

I also am looking forward to the others as well, you can find the original pieces out there and Disney licensed full size pieces if you look hard enough. Until the official collector series pieces come out, I am happy to have a pretty decent collection of past released toys. :slight_smile:

I do ABSOLUTELY wish Pixar would have released the pieces with the same facial expressions as the movie showed. They have taken a bit of artistic license with that facet of the collector series pieces.

Made this to help me see what was off about Jessie.
the main problem is of course the smile, but more than that is the waist, it needs to be thinner, and then theres some other details like her nose needing some paint, and the detailing on her shirt needing to be more fine, but those are easier to forget when not directly comparing them. it they could just fix that smile and the waist she be nearly perfect.

I agree with you Kyle. The waist and pants look too similar to that of Woody’s than Jessie’s. I’m also slightly irked about the eyes as well, but that might be more of a personal complaint.

Anyone have a good pic of the cheap Jessie out now? I have a strange suspicion this is that one, but probably not. if it isn’t, I’d like to see how different it is. I’m just finding it hard to believe they got Buzz and Woody’s head so accurate while Jessie is so off…something doesn’t add up to me. even when we didn’t like the character expressions, at least it all looked spot on to how they would look at some point in the films. The only exception being when they had to cut costs, like Mr p’s eyes.

it could just be a prototype?

This was posted by Death Ray on page 11, back in September. This is the currently sold $30 equivalent to the Toy Story Collection Jessie

As you can see, there are a few differences such as while the molds are kind of similar, the hair on this version is just plastic, not yarn like the Toy Story Collection Version shows, and it is slightly less detailed. Needless to say, this still doesn’t explain why the “definitive” Jessie doll is not spot on.

Ive already assumed as much actually, based on the poor quality of the pics alone. These don’t look like promo shots, but more of a proof of concept, like we saw with the early woody.
I’m trying to prepare myself though because I have a feeling we’ll have to settle on this. if it improves, great, but I wouldn’t count on it.

The thing that bugs me about that new Jessie doll is that she looks too chubby, and they also seem to have trouble getting her smile right. The smile on this one looks more accurate:

The one for Bullseye on the other hand looks perfect, and so does the Utility Belt Buzz (which is the same as the one John Lasseter showed just with the belt added, like it should be).

I still wonder if they’re ever going to do accurate versions of Emperor Zurg and Stinky Pete. Zurg might be kind of hard, but he would be pretty cool.

sorry to stroll off topic, and double sorry if this was already mentioned, but the facial expression Mr. Potato head has in the collection version is the expression he has near the end of toy story 2 when all the toys are on andy’s bed welcoming him home…just thought i’d mention that :slight_smile:

Hmmm, I never noticed that before, but I suppose you’re right! I hope they decide to make a Mrs. Potato Head in addition to her husband.

I would really rather they just included the pieces to build her from Mr. p rather than another one. that way if you must own both, just buy two Mr. P’s. It saves money on both ours and their end, and appeals to both boys and girls.

So a transsexual Potato Head? I definitely understand your point, as a consumer. I mean, why sell the accessories separately when they essentially have the same potato? It makes sense and I’m not against your proposal.
Having said that, I don’t know how eager Disney-Thinkway Toys would be to release one like that . There’s a specific reason why Playskool issued a Mr. Potato Head and a Mrs. Potato Head separately instead of mixing up the parts in a bag- it might freak the parents out when they realize their kids can gender change the Potatos. You also have to keep in mind that since we’re talking about the Toy Story Collection, the toy would need to be able to talk and as such would be expensive to have the demo, interative mode, AND dual Potato Head voices. They’re their own separate characters and I think Disney Marketing would like them to stay like that.
Finally, I’m hoping that with the release of the Potato Heads, they’ll each come with their own unique accessories, specifically for Mr. or Mrs.

Yeah, a Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head in one would feel kind of wrong for a children’s toy. Besides, if they did talk then if you built a Mrs. Potato Head you would still hear Mr. Potato Head’s voice come out of her.

I really don’t see what they big deal is…Im sure there have been gender changing toys in the past, (just don’t ask me to name any…) what exactly are we protecting the kids from in this case anyway? turning gay? transexual? transvestite?

Besides, Disney has been changing genders before any of us were even born, by giving mickey a boy and eyelashes and calling him Minnie.

but I didn’t think much about the talking features. I don’t think another mode would be hard at all. as for the try me features in the store, well its not like their essential. many toys even lie and say try me even though you cant because you have to pull the tab first. they can advertise him mainly as Mr. p, but put on the back “also includes pieces for Mrs potato head”

And the original Mrs potato head was sold this way believe.

Sure. Back in the 1950s they used actual potatoes for the Mr./Mrs. Potato Heads, and they only needed to sell the parts for them, so it made sense to sell them in a packaged deal. However, as soon as they were able to mass produce the plastic bodies in the 1983, Hasbro sold them as separate toys and has done so ever since.

Again, it makes no sense to sell them as separate toys, but that’s the way they sell. I mean Mickey and Minnie are both identical, but you’ll never see a mouse doll today that can be dressed as both Mickey and Minnie. But as for the TSC version, if TT was going sell them together, then they’d at least give you both potato bodies, each with their own separate electronics at a much higher price. I’m not arguing with you, and it definitely would be much cheaper to buy one potato with both male and female parts. I’d still probably buy two potato heads anyways. I just think that based on previous spud head statistics, it’s highly unlikely that Disney would sell them with cross-gender parts.

I don’t expect them to sell it separate or start an accessories line. I would have expected it to be included as an accessory in the original release, or packed with some type of limited edition/convention figure. It’s not as if there was the same four year gap between the figures as there was the films. It’s only been about five months. If this figure is released with simply the belt added then it’s nothing more then a money grab targeting the completest collectors market. (Which, thankfully, I don’t consider myself a part of)

It’s never explicitly stated that it is removable in the movieverse, but since Buzz was going to foist it off the display figure it would be a safe bet. If the belt on the Buzz pictured is complete front and back, then it would not seem removable. His legs seem far too wide to slide it off vertically. It may, though, have a gap in back so that it can be slid off horizontal to his body.

This is, of course, all speculative annoyance since we still don’t have any official information about the figure to go on. And yeah, I do over think my toys.

Ok Guy’s Just One Thing Why Are You Guys Fighting Over Genders? :confused:

My collection
picasaweb.google.com/william.bas … 2534471106
Oh and heres and album picasaweb.google.com/william.bas … ollection#

That’s a link to a page, not an image so you can just remove the img tags. And you probably should have just added it to your last post instead of making a new one.

Nice collection. Looks like Woody is ready to kick butt and take names.

Thanks. :laughing: