Do you plan to write a book someday?

That sounds great! And you’re right, afterall, Rome wasn’t built in a day!

Aw, thanks! And you would like it- it involves history :smiley:

Well how are you planning on tackling it so it doesnt turn out to be a plan anymore?

Sweet! What sort of history?

All sorts, really! Not sure yet what time periods I want to focus on, but it’ll probably include bits of everything from the time of the American colonies onward. Definitely will involve Industrial Revolution(s), WWII, the 50s, 60s, 70s. A longtime obsession with Pride and Prejudice means that the Regency’s going to be involved, too :smiley:

That seems like a Epic Tale Guilt! It’s like the ‘neverending hi-story’!

I’m still in the progress of finishing my four-part novel series, with just one last book to go and about halfway through the book as well. Finally, After 2 years of good focus and 1 year of on-and-off writing, I’ve finally come to the close with my very first serious novel!

At the direction my life is going, I might hope to write a book some day. But we’ll definetely see.

Thanks! Yours sounds great too. Congrats on getting close to the end! I’m sure you’re excited :smiley:

I’m more relieved than excited. I can finally work on other projects with it out of the way!

I’ve just joined a site called Wattpad. It’s a book writing/reading site.

The only stories that I’ve ever written are on fanfiction.net. I think that is as far as I’m gonna go as far as book writing is concerned.

^ I’ve never actually done my own fanfiction, but I’ve roleplayed in other people’s stories and such and I love it! I have problems coming up with ideas, but I’ve always felt like my writing is pretty good…but then it’s someone else’s idea -__-

I’m always afrid to put my ideas on the page because I fear that the idea has been done before.

That’s understandable. Well, most everything has been done these days, it’s all about doing it differently.

Being Orginal is still possible. Chris Nolan proved that (Inception)

Yes. You can inspire yourself in previous material (Inception draws heavily in Jorge Luis Borges, just to cite one of it’s many influences), but like e-j-e said, it’s doing it differently that does the trick.

Inspiration can come from many areas- not just other stories but in real life too and history. I mean quite a few things in fiction are representations or allegories of either real life events or religious beliefs. (Such as Aslan from Narnia is suppossed to be Jesus who sacrifices himself for Edmund). Sometimes like in Narnia, people make the sources of inspiration obvious in drawing parallels. In other cases however it’s not about drawing parallels, but merely being inspired and taking ideas from different sources for different reasons.

In my case I have a whole world created, and one of my main characters- is a priest- though I’ll admit the religion I made just for him and that world draws inspiration from medieval catholicism, the zodiac, ancient greek/roman beliefs (though that bit is pretty light) as well as other certain ancient beliefs about the rains and gods/godesses. Oh and it’s technically polytheistic and most people believe that four are particuarly to be referred- but his particular religion focuses on one god(dess). It’s kind of fun actually making an entire religion with both good points and inherent flaws to it and difficulties.

You can also gain inspiration on what more you want to see in media- and yet you don’t see a lot of or can’t ever remember seeing. I kind of also notice in media- a lot of the time gods in it are either perfect or horrible, evil people who think you should lick their boots and be glad of the honour. Mine are kind of really inbetween the two extremes really. Technically more good than evil, but not perfect.

Granted when it comes to world building it can’t really ever be as complex as our own world. I mean our world is the way it is due to millions of years of evolution and thousands of years of human civilisations developing and interacting with one another in multiple ways. A whole ecosytem having direct and indirect effects upon each other. Though I like the idea of that being a factor in stories. Like Avatar Kyoshi who formed the Dai Li herself only for Aang and his friends two lives later to have to face them.

youtube.com/watch?v=UKDDqM6rLNM

I have finally completed all 4 series to my novel. I actually got this done a while ago, I just forgot to post it on here. 3 years is a lot of hard work, even if one of those years was spent scrapping around for a original and independent idea and on and off working, but i didn’t put it off this time and it pays! Now i have plenty of time to work on Senior Seminar and college stuff.

I’ll probably write some memoirs of my life many years down the road when I’m somewhere in my 70’s.

Definetly ! like an astrology universe adventure of like cartoo

1 Like