Do you plan to write a book someday?

Depending on my accomplishments i would consider writing a book. But not until i’ve achieved my highly anticipated goals, and have worked in a professional atmosphere.

That way ill have the knowledge to spread to others hoping to do the same.

rather than just being some guy spreading useless words that lead up to a minor achievement.

I had a draft for a novel called ‘[spoil]The Pontiff’s Prophecy[/spoil]’ 5 years ago, however, at that time, my computer ran by Windows ME and had a virus. I have no back up for that file, so, the draft was just gone…like that.

Currently I’m working on with ‘[spoil]The Journey[/spoil]’.

Just thought I’d share something someone once wrote on another message board. I’m sharing it to encourage all the writers out there. Unfortunately, I don’t remember his words exactly, so you’re getting the KE paraphrase.

“It doesn’t matter if you get paid for your work. If you write, no matter what or how much, you are a writer.”

Of course, the guy ended up being a lying jerk, but at least his time (and mine reading his posts) wasn’t a complete waste. Anyway, I hope that some of you who might be sitting on the fence about whether to write take this advice to heart. You don’t have to write full-time. I don’t even write full-time (maybe three-quarter-time at this point). And you don’t have to write fiction. I’m not. Write whatever (fiction, non-fiction, script/screenplay, blogging) and however much makes you happy, and don’t be afraid to share it with the world. (It doesn’t have to be for sale; there are places that allow people to share their original fiction online.) You can’t hope to improve if you don’t try it.

I agree with you, Kyrie.

I can’t believe I answered no :open_mouth: lol

Actually for the past few months, I think starting in the summer. Me and my friend, who is like a super awesome writer, were both working on our stories, and we’ve been exchanging ideas and stuff. Abd so I’m writing a fantasy story, actually a very unpredictable and confusing one at that. :stuck_out_tongue: But writing a fantasy meant having to read more fantasy, including all the LotR books :s

Does writing comic books count? If so, then I am the esteemed writer of several unfinished comics! I mainly doodle pictures in class, but I could create stories out of what I imagine could have led up to whatever happened in the doodle. I only draw stick people, but each has a distinct nose, hairstyle, name (first and last), kids, and strangely enough, a religion. Of course, the main main MAIN character in my comics is…me.
Sort of.

Heck yes. Maybe several over the course of my lifetime. I actually have a 15-chapter novel written and in the serious editing, fleshing-out process. (My parents are pushing me to get it finished and published so it can make money… :unamused: I don’t even think they’ve read it all the way through before, either, and they brag about it to like, everyone. :blush:)

little chef

Do you really have to ask? YES! Everybody loves my stories! Like once,I wrote a story,and some people clapped at the end.

I want to write a fictional autobiography about myself. That way, I can go back in time and change/edit parts I don’t like, as well as give myself a robot army.

I’ve have these ideas for a novel about the future which have been stirring in my mind for years now. I have two or three (what I think are) really original ideas for it. However, the rest of my plot has been done before. Besides, how imaginative can you be with stories from the future when there’s like a million of them? Ah well. At least me and my mind can enjoy the story! :slight_smile:

i always seem to have an idea of a book that i really would love to write, but the next day, i get inspired and change my idea entirely. my current idea (still a work in progress) is about the positives and negatives in life and how it influences a kid.

the thing with getting published is that theres a bunch of rules and things you have to do before even sending a purposal for a book. plus theres a bunch of competition as most publishers publish a handful of books a year.

Where is the “MAYBE” option?

I’ve more or less always had a story in my head. Granted, many of them were ripoffs of things I believed were cool at the time. (“Star Wars! Finding Nemo! Mixed with zombie movies! …And this makes no sense…”) But yeah, after ages, I managed to scrounge up some characters of my own, and now I’m dead-set on writing an illustrated novel. (I’m too attached to drawing to do an all-written novel, and I love my writing too much to do an all-graphic novel.)

I’m awful, I have like three different world settings I’ve created but only one of them has half a plot to go with it at all. The rest… no.

Writing is something I enjoy, but I think I have more of a bizarre imagination than any real talent at it. But I’m trying to get better.

Yes. I’ve actually already started writing stories. I’m working on one now where it takes place five years in the future and there is a war going on between vampires and humans. I’m the main character. I stink at creating original characters! My stories look like movie scripts though.

Indeed I do! :laughing:

I’ve been writing down stories ever since I was ten years old. My first story, about a skunk who escapes into the forest, was somewhat bad and poorly written. In between that project I often wrote short stories and fan fiction, mostly to practice my English.

Currently, I’m writing a story: ‘Thylacine’ (working title) which is about a group of endangered animals who go on a journey to find the Tasmanian Wolf to save the zoo in which they live. I plan to publish it in Dutch some day. Oh, and I have a lot of other stories, but I currently don’t have any idea how to continue them.

My art however, has already been in one book as of now, the book is a cooking book called ‘koken is een eitje’ (it’s Dutch) along with art from people from my school. I guess I have to start somewhere. xD

And, I’m planning to write a graphic novel. Still have a long way to go, but I’m continuously developing the characters and the way they’re drawn.

I like making up stories, I just don’t write them down much. But lately I’ve been having some really good ideas so I’ve started writing them down. One is about two golden retrievers. (I will not say more because I don’t want the story to be stolen) And I’m thinking about writing one about unicorns. I’ve written miniature stories that might make great kid’s books someday. There was one story I was writing that I ended up not doing because it was turning out really weird. It didn’t have a title and I had two basic plots in mind and couldn’t decide which one I wanted. So it ended up being a huge mess and the story wasn’t very appealing, so I put it away. I never want to do that again. So this next one, hopefully, will turn out good; I’ve got it planned out better.

Oh, I’m thinking about posting this in the fanfic section when I’m done with it. And before you ask, it has absolutely nothing to do with Twilight (although, I do like it).

Yes!I do! I’ve been and avid reader and writer eversince I could remember! Infact, the inspiration to my writing in fanfic is Nicholas Sparks so I like to be like him…but as A girl. :smiley: :smiley: I have good grades in English because it’s my best subject and I have a GPA of 93 :slight_smile:

If I wrote a book, it probably wouldn’t be very good. :stuck_out_tongue: