~Family Tidings~

And that’s why Sally has got to keep him in line! :wink: But really, I was watching Cars 2 the other night and I realized how much Sally supports his career. I can picture her pushing him to succeed no matter what.

Exactly. That would of been something good ol’ Doc would of done.

This is on my “favorite chapters” list for this story. I just really liked it. :smiley: I was surprised about Lightning wanting to quit too, but I can see where he’s coming from about it, and how Sally totally called him out on it. :wink: I liked her speech to him also. I’m interested in seeing what Lightning does now. Great chapter! :slight_smile:

And that’s one thing I really love about her. She’s so selfless when it comes to him and his racing career, it’s really sweet. <3

Oh yes, loved this chapter! :smiley: I can see you put quite a bit of work into the dialogue and everything, as to how the characters would be thinking and all in that situation. I really like that. But gee whiz, Lightning wants to quit? Well, it’s a good thing Sally put him back in line. She always seems to know the right thing to say at the right time. Oh yes, and that bit about Lightning sipping Sally’s prescribed medication had me cracking up. 8D

I wonder what it’ll be like for their kids. o_0 8D

Here’s that picture I promised. Sorry it took me so long, both with the review and the picture. :laughing:

That’s a fold-out Mack trailer. It opens up to create a room for Lightning, with a sink and tv and exercise equipment and all sorts off cool stuff. The bed is there in the middle. It’s only for one car, but I figured the one in your story would be larger. :wink: :sunglasses:

Ballboi: For sure!
SallyMcQueen: Wow! You liked it that much? :mrgreen:
Snipe: Thanks for seeing my work in the dialogue! You’re right, I did try and focus a good amount of detail to that part. Whenever I’m writing speech I try to keep it realistic and believeable. Hahaha, you liked that little bit? I could just imagine McQueen doing something silly like that. :stuck_out_tongue: Oh, and thanks for the picture! My brother has that exact toy! When I first saw it I didn’t get it and then I realized it was a bed. I like how it moves too so he can get off into different parts of the trailer. 8D

Ha, that’s super awesome! :-D)

[b:2ke8nmbj]MissCarrera[/b:2ke8nmbj]: Yes, I did! :)

[b:2ke8nmbj]Snipe[/b:2ke8nmbj]: …Boys get all the good toys, seriously. :-\ That is a SUPER. AWESOME. toy! 8) Are those button-circle things in front of the TV supposed to be like a video game controller? I noticed there’s a ramp for tires going up to it. Ha, I see the sink! Is that grey grid thing supposed to be a shower-type of thing? There’s exercise equipment too?! Oh, is it that thing that looks like part of a treadmill at the bottom of the picture? What’s that circular thing on the left side of the bed that’s yellow and grey? I’m asking so many questions, LOL. I’m fascinated by it. :D

Knowing the toy, I can help answer you’re qeustions. :laughing:

“Are those button-circle things in front of the TV supposed to be like a video game controller?”

Yes :stuck_out_tongue:

“Is that grey grid thing supposed to be a shower-type of thing?”

Again, yes!

“Oh, is it that thing that looks like part of a treadmill at the bottom of the picture?”

No, it’s like a lift he can get on.

“What’s that circular thing on the left side of the bed that’s yellow and grey?”

That’s what you use to move the bed. You press down on it and you can swivel the bed around in various directions.

Oh, and I’m sorry for the wait on the next chapter everyone. I know I might not seem it but although I’m online I don’t always get the chance to get new chapters up. Please hang in there!

Haha, sorry SallyMcQueen, I forgot to answer to that earlier. And that was a bit of a quoting nightmare for my phone. 8D Thanks, MissCarrera for answering all those. :laughing:

We actually do have a treadmill-type thing that came with our Luigi’s Casa Della Tires set for testing new tires. :-D)

Oh, and don’t worry about it, MissCarrera. We don’t mind waiting (or at least I don’t). :laughing: You’re also working on the Pixarteers thing, so yeah, we’re good. :wink: :sunglasses:

Heeheee! Thanks MC, for answering all my questions! :sunglasses: You know that I don’t mind waiting one bit! Take your time! :smiley:

It’s all good! :smiley: (about the treadmill) Now, that’s cool. If there’s one thing I can say, the Cars franchise has awesome toys. :sunglasses:

Yes. Yes it does. :-D)

Gee, I wonder how Mack would of been able to get all those stuff up there.

No problem guys! And thanks for your patience too! I am busy with the Pixarteers thing, school and life in general. I’m a bit off my normal routine as well, I used to have times I knew I could get some typing done and now that’s not so steady. However, I got a laptop at last! I’m working on getting the word program set up and once I do then I’ll be able to pump out lots of chapters. In the meanwhile I’m still writing away. This story, and my next one (a humanized one) are both done, just need to be typed up. I’m on chapter four of the Sally/Francesco/Lightning one and I’ve got ideas jotted down for another requested story. Someone said I should write another Holley/Finn one too but I’ll have to see.

I couldn’t agree more! Cars does have the best toys! I love the detail in the diecasts personally. 301 PCE…I memorized Sally’s plate from looking at her toy so many times!

Whoops, double-post! But I got the chapter done early so I thought I’d post it up for you guys! Now this one is a bit jumpy in the point of view so hopefully it doesn’t get too confusing. Here it is!

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
Sally woke later than usual after sleeping soundlessly. It was probably the first restful sleep she’d gotten since hitting more than 3 months of pregnancy. She peeled her eyes open and looked to her side. The blankets were flopped back and the mattress empty. She moved to the floor and turned on the television set. It was almost perpetually on RSN and this morning was no exception. She smiled to herself as the camera zoomed in on a red race car and the name ‘Lightning McQueen’ scrolled across the screen.

“Are you ready, soldier?”

How many times had he been asked that in his lifetime? However many it was didn’t really matter, and neither did his response, because the answer was always no. Despite if he said yes, or even if he thought he was, he wasn’t actually. He could never be ready because he could never know exactly what life was going to throw at him. The real question they should have been asking was, ‘Can you handle this?’

McQueen reined back his apprehension as he swerved behind his racing companions and answered as expected, “Yeah, I’m ready.”

“Then go blow a tire out there!” Sarge commanded.

Guido perked up at the word ‘tire’, “Pit stop?”

“No, not literally,” Sarge corrected with some annoyance.

McQueen smiled thankfully for the easing humour of his friends.

Doc watched the tiny hospital television as the green flag waved and the racers took off. They were racing the Piston Cup in Los Angeles again this year, and he could see McQueen halfway back from the front of the pack.

Evidently, McQueen had taken his advice and returned home. Unfortunately it resulted in the racer missing qualifying, but Doc was happy to even see him there. He’d feared the young car doubted his abilities to carry on without him. Not to mention how drained he’d looked after leaving the hospital. Sally had clearly nursed him back to his normal though, just as he’d hoped she would.

Doc observed while McQueen passed two more cars and pulled farther ahead. Tears formed over his eyes and for once Doc prayed to the manufacturer that McQueen would win that empty cup.

Sally and Mater sat close together in the living room, both shouting and cheering with excitement. With every pass McQueen made they hollered as loud as if they were in the crowd.

“Can I get ya a drink or somethin’ Mrs. Sally?”

“No thanks, Mater. I don’t want you to miss a minute of this!” Sally gushed lividly.

“Do ya think Lightnin’ might win?” he asked her with a hint of pleading. He wanted her to confirm his thoughts, and hopes.

She inched closer to the TV as McQueen broke into second place. Her eyes glistened like she was watching her idol, and she looked ten years younger. In a dreamy, far-away voice she said softly, “Oh, yes…he will.”

McQueen chased Junior’s tail closely. It felt like he was chasing more than that though. He was chasing his dream. Always so close but never quite there. But as he passed the other red racer he knew that was all going to change. With only 5 laps left he soared across the asphalt with 42 cars behind him. Nothing was holding him back, and all that lay ahead was open track and a finish line. Like that rainy day in Radiator Springs, he pictured Sally waiting for him just past the flag. He remembered her kissing him and that breathless feeling he ravished so much.

His vision grew sharper, his axles rotated faster and his engine burned harder. There was nothing left now but him and the track…

Pshhh, you didn't really think I would tell you if he wins, did you?  :wink: I'd like to hear what you thought of the multiple views though. I thought it was a unique to write to race instead of the typical play-by-play. Thanks for reading!

Awesome! This was an excellent chapter! I’m not entirely sure how much I liked the multiple view thing… it felt a bit choppy and I think degraded from the story. I just felt like it was lacking in the general forward motion and fluidity you normally have in your stories. I’m not really sure how you’d fix that though, as I did love how we got to see everyone’s thoughts in the story and I wouldn’t really want you to take that out. :slight_smile: Even with that though, I loved the chapter! This…

…and this…

…were just beautiful. I nearly teared up myself, especially with Doc. Such a great reference to the film.

Haha, does that translate into “break a leg”? 8D I also loved how you made the reference to Dale Junior. I just can’t get enough of those cameos! :-D)

And I can’t wait to see if Lightning wins! Keep up the good work, MissCarrera! :smiley: :wink:

I wonder how Pixar came up with hers! Cause I know Mater’s is the famous “A113”. Woah, guys. Lightning doesn’t have a license plate. I know some of you are like “Well, DUH. He’s a racecar.” Yeah, I know, but they must be really important, right? It’s like your ID. Wait no, I guess their VIN would be their ID. Then what would be their license plate? I don’t know. Moving on… o_0

Hahahahaha, Guido! “Pit stop?” “No, not literally.” It reminds me of…

McQueen: No pit stopo, compredo?! :angry:

Guido: Okay! :smiley:

I absolutely love the idea of Sally and Mater just having a ball watching and cheering Lightning on! “WOOOOO!!!” “Go, Lightnin’, go!” <— That’s my envision of it. 8D

With only 5 laps left he soared across the asphalt with 42 cars behind him.

and…

His vision grew sharper, his axles rotated faster and his engine burned harder. There was nothing left now but him and the track…

gave me like the most epic picture in my mind. Lightning just being a total boss leading the pack and like epic music in the background- it was cool. :sunglasses:

You know, I think I’m with Snipe on this one. On one hand, I think that it does take away from the story and lacking in what you usually have; but on the other, I think it’s neat how we get that third-person omnipresent view. :neutral_face: Either way, great chapter! Can’t wait to read the next one. :smiley:

Great chapter! I can’t wait to see who wins the race.

Ah, some mixed feelings on the multi-view thing I see. I can totally understand what you guys are saying. I was eager to see what you thought so thanks for your honest opinions!

Snipe: The line with Doc, probably another one of my personal favs from this whole story. I’m glad it translated to be so powerful too!

SM: I always thought the “PCE” part kind of stood for “Porsche” and the 301 could possibly be reference to something like Bonnie’s birthday. Hahaha! I love how you describe your feelings from those lines as “McQueen being boss with epic music in the background”. 8D That right there was epic in itself!

Ballboi: Find out next chappie! Might be out this weekend or on Monday. Oh, and you weren’t the first comment this time! :wink:

For some reason I always thought of it as meaning “Peace”, and I always wondered why they didn’t stick it on Fillmore’s license plate instead. 8D But yeah, I agree with you, I think it does stand for “Porsche”.

Haha, Ballboi, no you weren’t! ;-p :wink: I had it read ten minutes after it was posted. Then it took me another half hour to write my review. 8D

Yep, you guys beat me to the punch. 8D I kind of went to bed a little early last night so I didn’t get to read it until this morning.