Favourite Character

My favorite is Bruce the shark. Nemo is cute too.

Dory: She was just so funny I couldn’t wait to hear what she was going to say next!

Gil: The whole scar

thing looked cool :wink:

Oooooo, this is such an easy one

for me. Just look at ‘Her’ eyes, of course on the left to know who mine truly is.
I love her!! :smiley:
Not

only do I find Dory as comical or hilarious because of the so named memory problem

she gots. But She…has…gotta big heart! To me, she stands out far away from where the rest of the

Pixar Family does.
She has affection for others at first sight as no one else

does for one thing, which details a quite uncommon or rare personality Dory contains, which I admire more about

her.

Forward from Dory, I like Bubbles. He’s hilarious with the “BUBBLES! BUBBLES!!” thing,

haha :slight_smile:!

Dory’s Defender - Welcome to Pixar Planet,

Dory’s Defender! It’s nice to have you here! I love your screen name, by the way.

:wink:

I agree with everything you said there – Dory is truely one-of-a-kind. I think we all wish we could

be like her in one way or another; she never worries about anything (due to her…“condition”) and is

always willing to help out others. Plus, she’s just plain cute. (heheh)

Again, welcome to the forum

boards! I hope you have a great time. :smiley:

I agree. Dory’s memory loss makes

her incredibly funny. I also find it cool how you say how she stands out more than everyone else. I did not see

or thought of that.

I’m impressed there [i]The Star

Swordsman[/i].
No one has never gave me such reply since I ever saw Dory for the first time in July

2003!
But heh, I like your comment on what I said there that She stands out more than everyone else does. She

truly does, and I have sooo many ways to explain this. I just really do not know where to start even at first

:~o

For me as a male teen, this cooks me up. And I’am in no way the best when it comes to explaining things

like this. Even when I truly know it by heart. But I can always find ways to correct myself the best I can when

doing so.

Dory’s Defender - I guess you could say it like

this…

Dory is the type of person (err…fish) that we all wish we could be: she is loving, kind,

generous, and optimistic. Her main goal in life is that she has no goal…except to be happy, because that is all

she can be.

Her short term memory loss condition gives her quite a unique personality, in that she

worries about nothing and loves everything. In her world, there is nothing to worry

about, because everything is a blur…since she can’t remember it.

You realize that the only time she

actually relives part of her life was after she had spent some time with Marlin, and he not only gave her

support, so to speak, but he helped her out as a result of her aiding him. Dory just happened to bump into Marlin

at the just the right moment, and in that…she found her reason of living; for Marlin was her backbone, and she

was Marlin’s strength. Dory was also alot smarter than she seemed…

I love how, in the

Finding Nemo commentary, Andrew Stanton and a couple of other folks at Pixar (Lee

Unkrich and Bob Peterson, I believe) gave their audience some insight into why Marlin said, "You think you

can do these things but you can’t, Nemo!" to Dory in particular. It was partly

because she had become something like a child to him, so that he began to see her as Nemo, in a way. And Dory, in

turn, looked up to Marlin as a parent…or a guardian.

These are only a few of the reasons why I – and

you too, perhaps – absolutely love Dory’s character so much. She is an angel, and probably one of Pixar’s most

intriguing characters…

Phew! That was a long post. :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, [b]Dory’s

Defender[/b], I love your signature quote. It is mostly certainly true in every way. :wink:

I love how her

optimism throughout the entire movie keeps the humor going. If she wasn’t there, this would sound like a sad and

suspenseful tale. Her optimism kept the movie going.

The Star Swordsman -

Exactly! Dory was optimistic and Marlin was pessimistic – henceforth, the two forces worked together to overrule

each other and create a neutral “bubble”. :slight_smile:

Has anyone noticed how Dory’s optimism and humor sometimes saved hers, Marlin’s, and

Nemo’s life?

hehe - Hi DD! I doubt you’ll find much defending

compared to hyping to do here regarding Dory - I think everybody pretty much loves her. Nice to have you here

anyway though. =)

Oh yes, it most certainly does. I love the fact that she

never worries about what is going to happen – she just goes with the flow. For

example:

Inside the Whale - The whale scene has to be one of the most

powerful moments in the film, besides the “fishing net” incident. Not only did this moment in Marlin’s

life test his patience, but also his belief in Dory. She admitted that she didn’t know what would happen, but

her confidence saved them both.

And if Marlin had just listened to Dory and gone through the trench,

well, he could have saved themselves alot of trouble… :stuck_out_tongue:

But

on the other hand, Mitch, if they had done what Dory had said, then would they have ever met the turtles? I think

that the balance between Dory and Marlin works very, very well but that Marlin didn’t realise how much Dory had

helped until he had almost lost her.

lizardgirl - Heheh – yeah,

you’re right. I was just about to say that, actually. Had they gone through the trench, they may have missed the

turtles – maybe. And if they had, it would have taken them alot longer to get to Sydney and find Nemo.

So, in a sense, it was a good thing Marlin “changed the plans” and went over the trench. It

also made him realize his mistakes…and to sometimes listen to Dory, even when her ideas sounded ludicrous.

But if they did go through the trench, the would still make it to the

EAC right? The turtles would still be there. But you have a good point. The story would be much different.

Exuburent,

Mitch!
I have ta really hand it to ya. You really are a true FN fan (Or shall I

say, Person?)
You definitely know how to explain the ‘Blue one’ * :wink: * just as I was wanting to do here on

PP. There would be no reason to explain the whole thing again with my words now.
But I will say this in

coordination with your explanation of Dory; In the part where you say that Dory’s only goal in life is to be

happy, thats certaintly true. But let me make a secondary part to it if you may.
[i]In part of

Happiness, her 2nd only goal would also be, to be the one to help and care (With

affection or Love {Whichever you may call it}) for

one, when the rest may or will not, and Not want - to

be able to.[/i]

I hope this is as clear and understandable as possible to ya. I`m pretty sure

you would have a way to summarize this more easily then I can. But now that Ive stated it already on here, i’m

(+) that most if not everyone will know what I mean [:wink:].
In conclusion to all this, I already

know that me and ya definitely have potential to be great “?Amigos!” as we

mexicans say it :smiley:

Dory’s Defender - Heheh –

no problem! I’m much obliged. :wink:

Yes – exactly! She cares about others to the point where

her "second goal in life is, as you put it, to protect and give love and

affection to them. :wink:

And it’s nice for me to meet another Finding Nemo

fan, too! Give me some fin – fin – . Noggin’ – bonks head. Duuude! :smiley:

Mitch:

LoL, I like that part too where

Crush and Squirt do their winning thing :smiley:

I believe I could say that youre just about in the same line

i’ am with Dory (And possibly FN). Its good to meet another FN person who is still way into it just as I have

been since the beginning of it in mid-2003.

Dory’s Defender - I know – that part with Crush and

Squirt is awesome! :smiley:

Indeed – I think we are pretty well matched as far as [i]Finding

Nemo[/i] fans go. I’ve seen the film around 64 times, have over 50 toys and memorabilia that have to

do with the film, and even a Finding Nemo poster signed by Albert Brooks, Ellen

DeGeneres, and Alexander Gould. And how about you? Let’s see how much we really love [i]Finding

Nemo[/i]… :slight_smile:

As for the other questions: Well, they are a little off-topic to this thread,

but I will answer your inquiries via PM. :wink:

Mitch:

Hehe thanks

for your reply on my last-made post here :slight_smile:

And thats a good “Wow!” for ya that you have viewed

FN already 64X LoL! I have been seeing the movie here and there, but I haven’t been

able to see the whole thing again since the past I believe 2-3 months! I wanna see it full-time again. But yes

you are making good decisioning on this that we’ve reached the point where we can no longer go on with these

things thru public posting. So yes PM is the way to continue.
And on top of that, I have to close up my

session here on PP currently from my comp. for now just to be on the safe-side with my parents.
Reply to me on

the other thing if ya can, here-on…