Favourite Character

CNF, Oh I love Gill. He is like the tough guy, do-it-my-way kind of person.

TSS:
Personally, Gill is not on my list of favs from Finding Nemo, especially aside from you know who who I always remain faithful towards.

But I dont dislike Gill at all. I do like the fact that he is a very determined character. From what I have already analyzed of him, He willnt quit going at something that he wants to go at until he is there. He would do practically anything in order to get it and in the case of FN, he tried to put Nemo’s life in front of him in order to try to escape the aquarium and run for the ocean water right outside the window of the Dentist’s office where its located.

Aside from all this, I agree with what you said about to gburc58209 needing something to explain why he/she likes Dory for Ex.
Some of these people should also explain why do they laugh or find Dory funny?
What (More obvious that they are saying its vocally) does She say or do that makes them laugh or find her funny?

But after all for everyone else to also know,
Dory is seriously Alot more than only funny.

DD: Oh I understand how you feel about Gill. I disagree with what he did when he put Nemo’s life in danger’s way, but after that, he was willing to sacrifice his life to save nemo’s and to return him to the ocean.

We must remember that Gill actually came from the ocean. He knows what it’s like there, and that’s probably why he was more desperate than anyone else to get back into the ocean. For a while, he was a bit selfish and put his wants before others, but if all of the others in the tank had come from the ocean, it wouldn’t surprise me if they would have reacted the same way. And, after all, Gill was very reflectful of his actions.

My favorite character is Dory. I just love her childlike nature and she is always good for a laugh.
Gill is my second favorite character. In his first scene, he’s just like a quiet, cold, though guy, ehm, fish. But he is also caring. He knows what he wants and in the end, he gets it. Well, sort of.

My two fave characters in ‘Finding Nemo’ are Bruce (as voiced by Barry Humphries) and Crush (as voiced by Andrew Stanton). Taking Crush first, I absolutely kack myself when I hear the faux-surfer voice and the way that Crush acts like a sea turtle version of Bill and/or Ted (I wonder if Keanu Reeves was ever considered for the vocie role).

Now as for Bruce, first off there is the premise of his character…i.e. a shark that doesn’t eat fish. That’s a killer joke to start with, and the way that he and Chum and Anchor have their ‘fish are friends’ meeting is hilarious. But the real reason I like Bruce is that he is voiced by Barry Humphries who is without a doubt the greatest Australian comedic actor ever and as part of this process he brings a very Australian characterization to Bruce. As a kid growing up without hearing my own accent or slang in children’s films it is actually quite moving to actually hear a real Australian (and a legend as well) say use my local English in a blockbuster animated film (and it certainly compares more favourably than what happened with Disney in ‘The Rescuers Down Under’). Sop onya Bruce, you’re a dead set ledge mate!

Oh, have to give an honourable mention to Brad Garret’s Bloat and Austin Pendleton’s Gurgle.

I love Nemo! Hes so cute!, dory is funny too.

I like Bruce. His British accent is awesome! haha cracks me up every time.

CMB: I believe Bruce’s accent is supposed to be Oz. :wink:

Fillmore: Wow, I didn’t know ‘Dame Edna’ voiced Bruce! I learned something new today… thanks! :smiley:

My favourite’s Dory for her eternal optimism and unflappable confidence in the face of adversity.

Hey Drive In…no worries. BTW I hope you got that Eric Bana was the voice of Anchor and Bruce Spence the voice of Chum. Bana of course needs little introduction but for Oz film-philes out there he’s had some important film roles including appearances in “Mad Max 2”, “Lord of the Rings”, "The Matrix and “Star Wars III”.

I like Gill and the angler fish myself. Gill for the Defoe factor (Willem did a splendid job voicing him, giving him a somewhat dark mystique but also enabling him to sound convincingly warm and compassionate), and because I think of him as an interesting and well-rounded character. The angler fish because angler fish are inherently awesome.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Bubbles. I do gotta love him. :sunglasses:

Gill’s been my favorite character since I saw the movie. I didn’t know what it was that I liked about him, but the moment he came on screen and helped Nemo, I pretty much thought “Ooooh, I like him!” There’s something hauntingly awesome about him that I can’t quite pinpoint. I guess another thing is that he gives Nemo a lot more “wiggle room” (is this pun intended?)

Around the time I met my boyfriend, we both had similar feelings about Bubbles. And what was that? “MY! BUBBLES!”

All the cast of Nemo are so endearing, it’s hard to choose!

I like Dory for her eternal optimism and undying loyalty (although she might sometimes forget it! :stuck_out_tongue:).

Gill is one of the most mysterious Pixar characters next to Mirage, and is a real enigma. I wouldn’t mind if they did a short explaining his backstory. It’ll be called ‘Finding Nemo: Gill Origins’. :stuck_out_tongue:

I also like Nigel the pelican. He is a metaphor for the ‘Friendly Australian’, and is the conduit for the Tank Gang to the world outside.

And Crush, as a surfer dude. Coolest turtle ever.

And the best part is I love all their voice actors! I never realized there were so many great talents voicing Nemo until recently! :slight_smile:

Definitely Dory. I’m very forgetful myself, so I can relate! ;-o

Also, Bruce, especially at the end when he drops Dory off.

My favorite character is probably either Dory or Gill.

Dory because well, she’s Dory! She’s funny (although unintentionally some of the times) and her attitude towards everything is awesome.

Gill because he’s so mysterious. And you can tell by his scar that he’s a total BA. :stuck_out_tongue: But underneath that rough exterior he also does has a gentle heart. (Wow that sounded really cheesy and lame.)

I really like Nigel.
“Oh will you just SHUT UP! You’re rats with wings!”

I also really like Crush, and Squirt.

That is one of my absolute favorite lines in all of Pixardom. :slight_smile:

I picked Nigel in the “pick a favorite from each film” thread, but I would also add Dory and Gill for sure. Plus, Crush is an awesome dude, and I really like Peach, for a minor character.

YES! I love Nigel just for that one quote.

My favorite character will always be Dory. Her forgetfulness made the film for me.

Dory: I’m Dory.
Nemo: I’m Nemo.
Dory: Nemo?.. that’s a nice name…
:laughing: