Finding Dory

Which unreliable source? That documentary about whales not being happy in captivity?

Oh, never mind… :unamused: There’s really not much else for me to say in this thread right now. And I’m going a little off-topic here, so…

Obviously the docummentary is real. I mean the supposed leaked story about the ending of Finding Dory being changed because of the documentary. I never read an official statement, so maybe it’s a rumor.

What I’m asking is if said official statement exists and I’m simply not aware of it.

Pixar hasn’t made an unenjoyable follow up to any of their movies yet, and if they ever do, Finding Dory will not be the first.

I can’t wait to see it…the new characters sound amazing.

Well…you could make the argument for Cars 2 but that’s a matter of preference.

Out of all of Pixar’s followups (prequels/sequels), the only one which I found was disapointing was Cars 2. TS2, TS3, and MU were all great films. So I can see this going either way, but I have faith in Andrew Stanton. He wants to protect his characters, and I’m sure he wouldn’t return to the film unless he saw it something worthwhile to make.

He’s come right out and said that the only reason the sequel exists is because they want more money and that he doesn’t actually want to make the thing.

ropeofsilicon.com/finding-do … mo-sequel/

Films are bizarrely, ridiculously, frighteningly expensive to make. Stanton understands this completely. Given has last film was a financial and critical flop, and he’s now the VP, he understands he has to make a film that is guaranteed to make money. Which is what he’s saying here, any sequel of Finding Nemo would be a guarantee to make money. However in the same quote he said, “we’d like to release something we actually want to make” and looked at a timeline perspective. So while a Nemo film may not be Stanton’s first choice, he recognizes doing it is a necessity, and found a story that is worth investing in.

I know that animated films are horribly expensive (200 million I believe is the common amount for Pixar and Disney), and I know what he’s saying. That was the point of the post; that Stanton came back to the series because because maintaining a constant string of hits that subsequently spawn billion dollar toy empires isn’t profitable anymore, apparently (yeah, quite frankly the whole idea that they somehow need near constant sequels after ten years without them isn’t something I swallow).

The way I read that sentence “We’d like to make something we actually want to make” referred to other movies. “Tell us when the sequels need to come so we know when we can make things we aren’t forced into”. It’s…kind of ambiguously worded, now that I look back at it.

Either way, the fact remains, he went back to the series for money. Him finding a vaguely decent plot to go with doesn’t remove that.

Teaser poster/display!

I actually kind of liked that. 8D

I like how it works both as a joke and a mysterious type line.

Everyone, meet Hank the Cranky Octopus!

I’m mystified that no one else has talked about the fact that we just got our first teaser from Fidning Dory!
[url]EXCLUSIVE: 'Finding Dory' Trailer - YouTube

Upon the announcement of the film, I was initially skeptical and thought it was just another example of Pixar putting out more sequels. After seeing the trailer though and some screens, maybe this could be promising. Let’s be honest here, as interesting as Dory is, we barely know anything about her past. This will be an opportunity to explore her character more.

Only thing is I was hoping for was Nemo having aged a little more, but other than that it’s looking solid.

Have you all seen the new characters from “Finding Dory?” They are too cute for words. Otters, and beluga whales, and octopuses…oh my! Read up on the new voice cast by visiting [url]seeheresthething.com from the pop culture blog, See Here’s the Thing.

I’ve seen the new characters on some articles on my Facebook feed. I am very excited to see the new film with its new cast of characters. Saw a trailer a while ago and Destiny the Shark made me giggle a little.

However, I am really hoping that Finding Dory will answer a question that has lingered in my mind (and probably in the minds of many fans) for years…

[spoil]Did Gill and the Tank Gang get out of their bags and make it into the ocean?[/spoil] (though this depends if Mr. Stanton wants them to make a comeback or not)

Now I don’t really mean to offend you guys, but I just want to point something out 'cause it’s rather more serious of a problem than what you would previously think before. I do not know why, but there is some kind of a rumor going around that the couple in that latest “Finding Dory” trailer is Lesbain. I, for one, do not believe that rumor, as they are supposed to be a straight (like all other previous Pixar couples)–and believe that the whole runor itself is just another threat to the entire fandom, at which point people will start coming up with a bunch of negative excuses to not see “Finding Dory” in the theaters, therefore causing a possible box office failure along with those other articles I’ve found about marine biologists constantly worrying about threats to real life ocean fish that will come from watching the movie. (And this is just a prediction. I really wish people would just STOP bashing against all of Pixar’s latest films–especially “Cars 2”!–and then just accept the fact that even those movies are supposed to be for entertainment. Not for actual education which far too many of today’s parents seem to be so stuck with. But you know what else they need to stop saying? Oh, something about loss of quality and money-grabbing. Why can’t they just see it as just a good story with some much-needed life lessons, huh?) :angry:

NOTE; Sorry about the whole rant just now. I seem to do that a lot. But as a true Pixar fan myself, I have to defend every single one of them movies. And hope that “Finding Dory” does not cause fans to come up with more of those insane Pixar-related theories–because those, too, also need to stop as well. End of post.

evspixarfan2012

evspixarfan2012: I have heard about that rumor, actually. I can see why people would think it [spoil](one of the females in question in the trailer has mannish-looking hair)[/spoil], but for now, it is just a rumor as far as I can tell. Also, it appears that those are just background characters unimportant to the story.

As a Christian myself, I would only be against the movie if [spoil]male-male and/or female-female attraction was a main plot point or somehow essential to the story.[/spoil] So at this point, it’s nothing to really worry about.

^I know, but I would certainly know it isn’t true even if people had to go and see the actual movie before they start to think TWICE about what they are saying right now! And besides, there’s already a bunch more lies related to the films coming out of fans lately as it is. And I, for one, know the actual truth about those films which the others themselves don’t seem to actually notice!

But other than that, who else wants to discuss the latest trailer? In fact, are we all excited for the upcoming new characters such as the sea lions Fluke, Rudder, and Gerald…plus Becky the loon? I’m just suggesting that so we don’t go too far on what I already brought up here earlier today.

evspixarfan2012

The last Disney Infinity playset to be released will be based on Finding Dory (comes with game and Dory).
I am having trouble locating it to purchase, but I hope I can get it and the Nemo figure too.
A shame they didn’t have a Marlin figure as well.

I am looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes out.
I especially am interested to see [url]http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Destiny_(Finding_Nemo)[/url] as I don’t think whale sharks have ever been a featured animated character before.

I am wondering about Hank the octopus though.
A teaser video claimed he’s been an easter egg in all the Pixar movies so far, but is that actually true?
The video I saw didn’t seem to be that convincing, it was like he was digitally added via post production, that he wasn’t part of the original render.

Popping on for the first time in nearly a whole year (I’m so sorry!!) to say that Finding Dory is a delightful little film and worth watching :smiley:

I wasn’t sure how to feel about this film at the time of its announcement, but it was tastefully told, gorgeously animated, and another Pixar film with a strong female lead. There’s also several absolutely laugh out loud moments and the short preceding it, Piper, is a sweet setup for the movie. Go see it!