Finding Dory

I just don’t want Pixar to turn inti Dreamworks or 90’s Disney sequels. The less people who support their sequels, the less likey they will make more. I will attempt to skip a film of theirs if they keep making sequels and maybe full support if they start doing them for every movie of theirs.

You make a really interesting point- I’m not as knowledgable about Indiana Jones as I probably ought to be, and I didn’t know about the reasoning behind the sequels. Those films certainly are proof that a film should only be made for the right reasons (but relatively speaking, the Indy sequels are pretty decent). Sadly, integrity isn’t synonymous with Hollywood.

Also, when I brought up Lasseter and Cars 2 bias I did not at all mean that to be a jab at any of you or your opinion of C2! All of us are biased about things. That’s part of human nature. As long as we recognize that about ourselves, it’s not a big deal. The difference is that our biases generally wouldn’t affect as many people as, say, the biases of someone directing a film or making creative decisions at a major studio. It’s important that the people making those kinds of decisions try to remain as unbiased as possible. I mean, someone at Imagineering may personally love The Black Cauldron and think that a dark ride version would be a fantastic addition to Fantasyland. But making that wouldn’t be in the best interests of the Disney parks, you know? Imagine a Black Cauldron dark ride. It would make Snow White’s Scary Adventures look like an episode of My Little Pony.

I’m not criticizing Lasseter because he’s biased toward Cars. That’s completely natural, considering how involved he was in its development, and there’s nothing wrong with that. I would, however, be critical of him if he let that bias get in the way of making the best decision for Pixar, as I suspect happened with Cars 2 (although I don’t know what happened behind the scenes in Emeryville, so this is just my speculation. I could be completely wrong about what actually went down there).

So yeah. No judgment here because you have a different opinion of Cars 2 :wink:

And LQstudies, I agree that Stanton would be the best director for a potential FN2. He knows its world best and would have the characters’ best interests at heart. I can’t imagine who else would do it, and putting a different director on the project would worry those of us who are already nervous about a sequel.

Well, I’m not sure… I have faith that Pixar will not bomb. But this pattern is starting to get to me… I’m very skeptical… I heard about this from TSS, and I was stunned. Pixar, I love you… You know that… I’m just getting concerned about the honor of the company. I know they have good quality control, but it seems to be slowly going down hill… Toy Story 2 was excellent, so obviously they can do great sequels. But I’ll admit, Cars 2 was my least favorite Pixar film, though it was still okay. I am glad that they’ll be breaking up the sequels with new, original universes. But I’m still worried by this… I know they can do great sequels, the question is, whether they will continue to.

Pixar still has my faith, but it’s slowly slipping… Let’s wait and see. I hope they hold on to their integrity…

Why are people acting like this is official? I thought it wasn’t official that it would happen.

Several of us acknowledged (several times) that the FN2 rumor might not (or should not) be true…several times! Others think it might be true and are glad. Several points of debate were raised as if the rumor one day turned out to be true. Clear as mud, right?

I don’t think the rumors are true, but it wouldn’t be the first time I was dead wrong.

Oh, I thought it was official… I feel really stupid now… Sorry :blush: . Well, I just kinda hope it’s not true. But if it is, I hope they handle it well.

Finding Nemo is my second favorite Pixar movie, but I would NEVER give it a sequel. EVER. I really hope Disney wouldn’t just pressure them into this with speculation that they did in order to make up for John Carter and redeem Stanton, but even then WALL-E has much more potential for an interesting sequel! If this is true, I may just explode.

I find it really odd that Disney would make Pixar make all of these sequels when their movies aren’t getting sequels anymore after ol’ Hawaiian shirt ended the cheapquels.

It appears that Ellen DeGeneres is in talks to return for the sequel, per Slash Film.

Well, this is getting better and better: now LaTimes says Finding Nemo 2 is confirmed, and even gives a quote where Andrew Stanton is openly speaking of it ?!

I’m already bracing for the numerous people who are going to react to this the way they did to Lasseter’s ‘happy news’ of a ‘Cars 2.’ What I mean is, the shouts that this was no happy accident. And that ‘humpty-dumpty was pushed’…by Disney!

Almost makes me want to draw an image of Mickey as an octopus, and on the end of each tendril is a little puppet of each of the Pixarians saying things like, ‘I’m so glad we found the right story to tell how Mike and Sulley met,’ things like that.

Don’t care what anyone else thinks of me; I still support a Nemo 2 100%. Not sure anyone who doesn’t deserves to call themselves a true Pixar fan :confused:

I still don’t want this. If Nemo 2 turns out to be a great film, then that’s good. I’m not saying that this film will be a disaster or anything, but I just don’t see a sequel to Finding Nemo working.

Much like Cars 2 and Monsters University, I think people are determined to hate FN2 without seeing it or knowing anything about it other than the title.

I really hope it does turn out great, but it just seems unnecessary and pushed.

So Stanton has confirmed this?

But what did he say? : “Didn’t you all learn from Chicken Little? Everyone calm down. Don’t believe everything you read. Nothing to see here now”

hmmm

I’m not against a ‘sequel’ but it just seems completely unneccessary,and obviously highly encouraged by disney . :neutral_face:

At the moment, I’m perfectly fine with Finding Nemo 2. I don’t really want to decide much more until a synopsis comes out.

The actual quote from him doesn’t seem to say a thing about FN2.

I’m still not sure how official this is. Nothing seems very set in stone to me.

I’m not sure what to think about that either. About whether its true I mean. I’ve seen both quotes but they almost seem to contradict each other. Although until someone officially says this is whats happening I’m going to be skeptical about it. On a related note, I know there were people who mistakenly took trailers for Finding Nemo 3D for Finding Nemo 2, and were disappointed to learn it wasnt a sequel.

The last time I saw a movie I saw the trailer for FN 3D, and for a second I thought it could be a sequel, but then I remembered that I would have probably heard it about it on here first.

lennonluvr9 wrote:

In Japan, from this November 2012 Disney Fan Magazine on page 61 from the article titled (ピクサー アニメ―ション スタジオ) Pixar Animation Studio Part 2 says there will be a FN 2. It doesn’t say who will be directing FN 2. Hiroaki Saito, a freelance movie writer, wrote the article.

Here’s a the front cover of the magazine.
[url]http://www.bookclub.kodansha.co.jp/magazines/disneyfan/[/url]