Graphics by the infamous -red-

Those are awesome siggies!

Question, how do you manage to scan the book images in and get them to look so perfect? I only ask because whenever I scan images from a book, they end up tilted and covered with noisy-looking lines that no matter what functions I try on Corel Paint Shop, they won’t get cleared up. :frowning:

Queen_of_painting: Thank you! The art in that book is utterly fantastic. I actually think I enjoyed it more than the Art of WALL-E, which is saying a lot. :laughing: Yeah, I think that would be fine, as long as you only use it here! :slight_smile:

JSWeC: I have a super old scanner, but amazingly it’s one of the nicest scanners I’ve ever used. When I scanned the images, I set it to scan at 300 dpi instead of 150 dpi or whatever it was initially, so the files came out monstrously huge making it a lot easier to work with. I’m not really sure, I just did a lot of Levels adjustments and lined up the edges of the book to the edge of the scanner as best as I could. I’m not familiar with Paint Shop, but there should be options in most image programs to rotate your images if they come out crooked.

When you scan with a higher dpi and then scale the images down really small, it usually hides most of the imperfections, which is kind of what I did with mine. You don’t see the lines or dots when you take a super huge scan and then crop it down to about 180px high by 400-500px wide.

I hope that somewhat answers your question!

little chef

I’ll be sure to look into that. Thanks!

Awesome graphics! :mrgreen: :wink:

That would be awesome!! I love those Art of Ratatouille pics. :smiley:

Thank you muchly, Teo and IV! :smiley:

IV: I also had queen_of_painting ask to use the Merida graphic, but I’ll still resize it for you and post it at some point if you’re still interested in wearing it and let you use it first, since you asked first. :slight_smile:

little chef

I could use a different one, either way is fine. They’re all pretty. :smiley:

Awesome, little_chef_eva09! These are amazing! I love the “signs of insanity” ones, and those inspiring ones are just crazy beautiful; I might use the “proud to be uniquely gifted” one at some point! And my fave funny one is probably the Monsters/Cars crossover. I about lost it looking at that one! Oh, and the belching Colette… :laugh: I would’ve never thought of those! And I love the use of effects and handwriting as well; I look forward to seeing more from you!

I love the Brave ones.

Oh wow I didn’t realize this had been bumped, haha. thanks, guys!! I haven’t been much into making graphics these days, but maybe eventually I’ll get some inspiration to do more. C:

little chef

Geez, it’s been some time since I’ve had anything new to show you guys! I spend a lot of time drawing, but making graphics just never seems to be on my mind unless I need a new twitter avvie or something. I got randomly inspired to do a handful of Ratatouille-themed sigs today! Thought you guys might enjoy that, especially since I’ve been pretty absent these days. :slight_smile:

(I don’t usually do meme-related things, but I couldn’t resist this one! xD)

The last three were inspired by the songs How to Be a Heartbreaker and Power & Control by Marina and the Diamonds, respectively. I couldn’t decide which of the first two I liked better!

All of these are probably a bit larger than the signature size limit - or maybe that’s because the sig I’m wearing right now is so small. :laughing:

little chef

Yayz! Glad to see some more of your graphics, little_chef! They’re all awesome! :smiley:

Thank you very much! They were fun to make, but I’m still pretty rusty at making graphics. :laughing:

little chef

Hooray! New graphics! :smiley:

cheerleader routine with fireworks in the background

I love 'em! My favorite is the Horst one, so funny.

Thanks to both of you, as well! Milan, I think that one has to be my favorite, too! 8D I saw that cap and was immediately reminded of the Y U NO guy!

little chef

Whoa! That’s a lot of sigs you’ve got there, especially on the 1st page to this thread…

My favorites so far:

(1) Bully Pompidou

(2) Many faces of Remy

(3) There’s a rat in the house! (with Kari)

(4) Apple Car

(5) The noodles are stale!

(6) Can’t find the bathroom

(7) Guys like girls who can burp!

(8) Dinosaur (with Colette)

(9) Fat Man vs. Captain Eyepatch

From the 1st page, of course…

Those are really good! I especially like the last few of Colette and Linguini :slight_smile:

Oh, how I miss this thread! I am wondering if you will make new graphics in the future, especially since you loved MU and if you ever get the DVD (or have it already) to make graphics out of the screenshots. :smiley: