Halloween

Anybody going trick-or-treating this year? I’m going as a chef! Yes, a chef. :slight_smile: I got the uniform today (jacket, pants, and even a poofy toque), and I look pretty good. I’ll post a pic of me once I take one when I’m wearing it.

There’s also a Halloween dance at my school the Saturday before Halloween which I’m going to (maybe with my cousin. She’s really fun). I can’t wait to dress up for that!

And this week at my school is spirit week for homecoming, so we get to dress down and wear clothes according to what day it is, and this Thursday is Halloween Day. I can’t wait to see what everyone else will wear. :slight_smile:

Heh-heh,cool! I might go as Gloomy:

I’m not so sure yet, but the costume looks pretty easy to do. I saw a pair of striped tights yesterday at Wal-Mart. With a pair of boots and a dress from Salvation Army or some place like that, I could easily scrape together a costume for under 20 bucks. It’s just the hair I’m worried about. Not the color, but the fact that my hair is sooooo messy I’d have to go to the hair salon just to get my hair straightened and put into those pigtails of hers.

I went as Violet from Unfortunate Events (the way they did her costume in the film) one year. I had to make a costume for a book report anyways, so I figured I’d go as her for Halloween. The costume was pretty cheap to make. I even had this adorable doll that I put in this old Christmas dress and carried around,pretending it was Sunny.

That looks cool. :slight_smile: And I love Unfortunate Events. The Violet costume must have been pretty awesome.

I would so go trick-or-treating as Kim Possible, but finding friends to go with is IMpossible. Heheh.

Halloween is a holiday that grew less fun for me as I crossed into my teenage years. I know I’ll develop a liking for it again someday.

~~=oP

I’ve seen quite a few teens trick-or-treating over the past few years, and I’ll probably be one of them for as long as I love candy.

My brother wants me to go, but I can’t. I’m 18 already and I’ll feel really stupid. For me, I just feel like some fat kid going up to peoples’ doorsteps begging for candy. xD

I’m trying to convince my brother to set up a table out front and reach his hand out of the candy bowl when kids stop by. :smiling_imp:

Well…let’s turn back to that time you acted like my little cousin…

Yep. And trick-or-treating will make you feel like a kid.

Oh,wait, you said “fat kid going up to peoples’ doorsteps begging for candy”. That’s a whole different story right there…

As for me, I’m probably going to get dragged along to all these Halloween-y events, so instead of just wearing some tee shirt with a jack-o-latern on it, I might dress up! The other kids will think I’m a dork for dressing up on Halloween at age 12-well, almost 12, my birthday’s on Thurs-but number one, I don’t give a crap what those idiot kids say,and number two,I’m proud to be a dork!!!

I think I’m done.

I’m determined to go as Ash from Pokemon before my high school career is over. I don’t exactly know if it is going to be this year or next year though… I’m just always so busy! It doesn’t help that I haven’t been trick-or-treating since kindergarten…

Halloween is one of the COOLEST times of the year. I will certainly buy a pumpkin (hopefully I can convince my roomies to go to a pumpkin patch with me!) and candies for the kids. I’m too old to go trick-or-treating.

I won’t be able to catch the entire night though, because my music building will be holding a New Music concert on the same night. Hopefully, I can get a creepy composition played for the concert… I better work on it!

PV - Wow, we are so similar. I stopped going trick-or-treating when I entered my early teenage years (13). The last few times, I went as Harry Potter. Man, the reactions I got… :laughing:
We don’t even get any trick-or-treaters becasue I live in a condo. Halloween also has become less of a thrill for me. I still apperciate it though.

I can not believe Halloween is coming around the corner already.

I do not know if I am doind anything for halloween, but I think me and a bunch of friends are going to check out Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. Basically they convert the entire park into a hanuted playground and all the rides are converted into haunted houses and they have people come out and scare you.

Lots of fun!!!

Despite the fact that I don’t celebrate Halloween, I did go as Steve Irwin a couple of years in a row. If I do go as anyone this year, it will probably be either Zam Wessel (from Star Wars, Episode II: Attack of the Clones) or Pocahontas (since people say I resemble her). However, I will most likely just hand out tracts and candy while scaring people with my rat, Kirby. (snigger)

Haha. I went to something like that some years back, only it was at Six Flags in Magic Mountain and was entitled Fright Fest (or something along those lines). It was so pitiful, though. I remember this one clown guy was trying to scare me and my sister’s pants off, but we wouldn’t scream for anything. I think he was pretty disappointed… :stuck_out_tongue:

– Mitch

Well, time for me to find my old Mr. Incredible costume. As for me, I won’t trick or treat this year, but I will do two things. Help out at a community halloween carnival, and watch the Incredibles, with the costumes.

I have a hunch this isn’t just a Halloween activity for you. :laugh:

~~=oP

Well, you can say that. After all, TI is really my life. So I have even more fun come Halloween.

I’ve never really celebrated Halloween before. I love the idea of it, but it just isn’t big here. I’ve never been trick or treating, nor seen anyone else trick or treating- probably because the children might be attacked or something. I hate all this PC rubbish. :unamused:

Though there is a chance that I might actually be going to some sort of Halloween party, but that’ll probably end up as yet another party with a bunch of drunk teenagers rolling around on the floor. All the more reason to go! :laughing:

If I were to have a costume, I’d try and make a Randall one. Now THAT’D be scary! :laughing:

I don’t really dress up anymore, but I love going to Halloween parties. Such an awesome idea: have a day when you try to scare the living daylights out of yourself. Awesome… :sunglasses:

lizardgirl - Maybe you could set up some sort of…Harry Potter party or something. Witches and wizards… It all makes perfect sense! Hee hee. :wink:

– Mitch

Mitch- Lol, you’re speaking to probably one of the most anti-Harry Potter people in the world! :laughing: Witches and wizards sounds cool, though. :smiley: A friend of mine had another cool idea- a P Party, in which everyone has to dress up as something beginning with the letter P! You can imagine some of the suggestions people made for costumes concerning that… :laughing:

Oh,yes,that reminds me-on the subject of the “P” party-one of the kids at my old school went as a toilet in 5th grade (I believe it was 5th.). Kids were saying they were going to throw Tootsie Rolls into his costume…(falls off chair in hysterics) 8D