If You Could Change One Thing...

We don’t complain. We comment. And we do it with every movie, not just Cars.

The fact remains that you only get bothered when the comment is about Cars, cause you’re too sensitive about that particular movie, or, as you put it, a die-hard fan, which in practical terms, is the same thing.

The thing is that lately all your posts are like that, and it’s getting a bit repetitive, as reaper said.

You can be a Cars fan, but look at other fangirls like MissCarrera and x3haijessiex3, who don’t get upset at everything.

As I said you before, and as e-j-e is saying now, you’re in a board about the thing we would change in Cars. So if you can’t take them, don’t check it.

I don’t think that Cars was Pixar’s “worst” movie. I think Pixar never makes failures. THere are just some movies that people like more than others. But remember, saying which movie is your favorite or the best is entirely all opinion. it’s subjective.

I really liked that comment about McQueen building friendships with the other characters though. You’re right, we don’t see him actually creating much of a bond with the others besides the favours. I’d like to see some of that in the second film. As for Sally being a bit of a you-know-what in the beginning…well yeah I guess she sort of was. I don’t think she meant to, she just wasn’t going easy on him. It would be way too simple if she had just given in and treated him like an angel right from the start. McQueen needed to be rejected at first, he needed his ego kicked down a notch so he could begin to change his ways.

Hey Pixar fans!

I’m happy to say that this thread is back in business! The moderator team has come to the conclusion that the firy environment that was going on when this thread was locked has died down, and we’ve made appropriate action to make the boards a friendly and safer place to share opinions and ideas

I believe that I took appropriate action when I locked this thread. If you re read some of the older posts, you’ll see what I mean. I’m glad to say that this locking was only temporary. I hope no one is upset at me for it, I just did what I thought was needed for the time

I do not like locking up good threads like this one, and I hope I don’t have to in the future. We just ask for all members co-operation in following the site rules, and respecting each others opinions. I know it’s hard to hear people critisize one’s favorite movie, but remember we’re all entitled to our opinions!

Anyway, happy posting. What would YOU change about this Pixar classic?

You know, you shouldn’t have to claim personal responsibility, EJE. :wink: You can take liability on the whole Mod team since you’re a part of it!

Anyway, yeah, happy posting you guys, and remember to behave yourselves! We are all Pixar fans here, and we need to respect each other’s opinion and beliefs.

Don’t feel bad! You might look like the “bad guys” because you’re mods but you’re just doing your job. I’m really happy the thread is back open though so I’ll get back on topic. If I could change one thing…I wouldn’t have let Mater interupt Sally and McQueen’s kiss! :wink: I feel like I already mentioned that before but I don’t think I have. :stuck_out_tongue:

tdit & MissCarrera: Thank you guys!

Hmm, yes I wish I could see them kiss too! But perhaps that’s something we might get to see in Cars 2? Hopefully.

It’s so unfair! In every other movie the lovers almost kiss but in the end they always wind up kissing at least once! To me that is like my top requirement for Cars 2. Once I see that I’ll be 100% satisfied with the movie! 8D

Heehee, even WALL-E and EVE kiss and they haven’t any lips! But yeah, I hope that happenes in the sequel.

To be honest, I disliked the movie’s country/pop (wasn’t it?) soundtrack. I’m not talking about the music by Randy Newman, but the songs like “Real Gone”, and “Life is a Highway” sort of annoyed me a bit. I guess I would change that part of the soundtrack.

I did like the song when Lightning revealed Radiater Springs’ new neon.

I see what you mean. A lot of pepole don’t like Country or Western music. I on the other hand love it, and the soundtrack is defintely my favorite of Pixar’s soundtracks. (based off of songs, not score).

I too hated the amount of pop songs instead of a completely instrumental score. But I think I already addressed that, as my frustration seeing they did the same thing again.

I’m so happy this thread is back! It’s one of my favorites! :smiley: :mrgreen:

[spoil][size=50]Any chance of the favorite members thread ever coming back?[/size][/spoil]

I disliked very much the use of Real Gone. But my main problem with the movie was that I would have liked to see Lightning bond with the townsfolk, especially Mater Doc. How can someone be your hero or your best friend if you barely interact with them?

I for one loved the music and I’m not a country music fan at all! I do agree there could have been more bonding time but that would have been hard to squeeze into the time limit.

• Remove “Real Gone” from the racing scene. It distracted me from being immersed in the story. I can’t even think of any other artists who sing in previous Pixar films without any serious contribution to the story (i.e. “When Somebody Loved Me”). It just seems like a very non-Pixar thing to do. And hey, I just noticed while writing this post that someone else has objected to this as well.
  • Not have pushed the Mater jokes so much, or rather try to make his humor more creative.
  • The screenplay’s not the strongest Pixar has come up with.

This isn’t something that can be fixed easily, but I felt like Cars marketed to a niche audience. Yes, there was a universal story at the heart of the film, and I won’t bother denying that. But… all the racing references and cameos? The country soundtrack? I just don’t stomach it all well. If you look at Pixar’s other films, they’re usually more neutral and will avoid leaving people out because of culture. I feel like I’m sitting at a lunch table with three other people who are talking about something I’m completely uninterested in, and I’m just sitting there awkwardly.

I agree with your bullet points. I actually hate that song and its use in the movie. However, I really loved the NASCAR jokes and references. Especially when JR showed up. <3 8D

I really loved the JR bit too. :smiley: And why does everybody have a hate on for Real Gone? I mean it’s not the best song for sure but they needed a song to go in there for the opening scene…are there any other suggestions on what you think would be a good opening song? I mean an actual song, not a score.

I just hate the song. And Sheryl Crowe. No logic there, I just do. 8D

youtube.com/watch?v=iUBwjyhRweQ

How about this piece of work? :sunglasses:

I like that! That’s a good one but I think it could be something even a little more stronger than that if you get what I mean. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mo, I don’t really get what you mean. I don’t know, I just hate when I see songs I dislike in movies I like! 8D