Is there one that you love less?

I would say Up. Now, it was a good movie, I enjoyed it. Saw it 4 times. But that was really all I needed. I guess I didnt connect with the story or characters as much as some of the other films. Its the only Pixar movie I dont personally own because I didnt feel like I needed to see it repeatedly. Not to say when it comes on TV or something I wont watch it, because I didnt find it to be a bad movie, just not my thing.

Eh, I guess I can see that. It is the most memorable one, so if I didn’t buy one, it would be FN or Up. I have them all, though. :laughing:

You can thank Mater for that… :unamused: runs and hides from Jessie

I like the merchandise. If some other Pixar films looks at my avatar were marketed so heavily around now, I’d be so happy.

Did anyone notice that Up and MI got almost no merchandise? I know they’re not sequels, so they may not do well, but I wanted some stuff from those two. I find that very disappointing. :frowning:

I’m not a fan of Brave. Some of the reason for me not liking it are sort of the same reason most people don’t like it, but I also don’t really like Merida, and I know people are gonna disagree with me, but here’s my reason why:

My main gripe I think sort of has to do with how the character was handled in the film (and that’s probably due to the switch of directors); the way she “grows” as a character felt more like she was surrendering out of desperation to get what she wants instead of actually seeing the mistakes she’s made and learning from them.

Also, out of all the Disney Princesses, I find her personality to be the least likable. I know, acting like a rebel and disobeying your parents is what all teenagers do, but the way she acts out her gripes was just downright mean-spirited and bratty that I’m surprised her mother didn’t slap her across the face for her attitude alone; I know if I ever acted that way with my mom, dad, or anyone else at that age, I’d be in deep trouble. Plus, she never really shows any moments of genuine kindness which, while you might take it for granted considering every Disney Princess exhibits this trait, showing compassion for others is a very important lesson to learn and I sometimes worry kids (let alone girls) might not get that message.

Again though, it MAY have to do with the direction; I don’t know what Brenda Chapman’s real intention for Merida was, if she wanted her to be a bit more complex and maybe a little more sympathetic, but as it stands, I just don’t like the character that was presented to me.

It’s also Brave for me.

It’s not that I think it’s a bad film, it just doesn’t do it for me.

The Cars would be next, but I still enjoy those a lot more.

I’ve seen Cars… its okay, not the best. Haven’t seen Cars 2 yet, though I’ve heard its pretty bad.

Toy Story 3 is my least favorite for a few reasons. I do like the film quite a bit, I even own the full 3D Blu-Ray combo pack. And there’s almost no denying it’s a good movie. Ultimately, I think this film looked more “perfect” than it actually was. As the title says, this is the one I love less. I voted “Well yes, but not by much”. I’m kind of glad this one is my least favorite since it’s Toy Story. To me, any Toy Story film in itself is good and pretty darn likable, and if I like every other Pixar film more than that one, it means that I am proud of all of Pixar’s films and that they have done a good job on each of them.

For me it would definitely be either Finding Nemo or TS3. I know, I’m Lucifer. D:

Not even. 8D TS3 I already understand. I guess Finding Nemo did always get a lot more praise than the others. Even though I like it, as a little kid I remember being upset that people in the audience were laughing at Dory’s antics when perilous things were happening, but it doesn’t bother me anymore. I do like it when A Bug’s Life, Brave, and the Cars don’t have to be the only least favorites out there.

Strangely, none of those are my least favorites. I like a lot of very popular things. But truthfully I often place things I view as over rated even lower than things that are usually seen as bad. I hated Finding Nemo when I was little because it made me sad, and I thought it was over rated, because everyone I knew liked it better than the Incredibles. I still feel that way, to a much lesser degree. And I think anyone can see TS3 is over rated. I like it, you like it, everyone likes it. But is it really deserving of this pedestal people mentally give it? I have to wonder.

I think Toy Story 3 sort of gets a free ride as most people at least like the first two. Since the third one wasn’t bad, and it looked perfect, that automatically makes it wonderful? Whereas the four least-loved films may look too kiddie or generic, but the dialogue and characters just seem to be a lot more honest/sincere. Especially with both Cars, I learned that if you listen just to what they say, it’s pretty cool. This might sound dumb, but I actually feel kind of smart when I watch the second one. A Bug’s Life is very sweet and has a good message, and Brave I think handles family very well.

Not against Lee Unkrich either, who I love. I’d guess part of the reason he made it so “perfect” was because he saw how stressful it was to make TS2, and he probably wanted to take the time to make the 3rd one good. I appreciate TS3’s effort. However, because it was so different and all, I don’t think it will pay off in the long run as well as the earlier ones. It’s easily one of the hardest to re-watch. And I thought The Incredibles truly lived up to it’s name. Nemo is good, maybe just not the absolute best for everyone, or me.

I actually really like Cars. The two films I love less would be Brave and Cars 2. Neither does a lot for me.

I’ve never been a fan of Cars… its not that its a bad film, its just not my taste. So consequently Cars 2 is even lesser on my list.

The thing that disappoints me is that I was hoping most people would see Cars 2 as an improvement on the first one. I was sorely mistaken, sadly. I know Cars 2 and Brave are not most people’s favorites, and I guess I can see how, but I happen to love both of them. Neither of them are my least favorites, and the same goes for A Bug’s Life and Cars. I think Brave disappointed some people who had certain expectations of it instead of letting it be the film it really was.

I actually love all the Pixar films aside from Toy Story 3, and the first two are my favorite Pixar films. I do like Toy Story 3 (and I love a few parts), but I think a certain upcoming Pixar film might become my new least favorite after that.

About that last thing you say, LQstudiesPixar, I do enjoy Cars 2 more than the original, but my personal tastes aside, I know it’s an inferior film.

I don’t quite understand that, but okay.

I really think it’s inferior because it’s not as well done. I just have more fun watching it, but personal enjoyment has nothing to do with objective quality.

This. This whole section. When we rented TS3, my dad said people made up their mind before the film came out. Everyone(myself included) was so excited for another run with the gang. And then everyone saw it, and cried, and laughed(hardly) and loved it. But the more I see it, the more I can’t help but examine it. It might have been my most successful first watch for Pixar. I thought I had just come out of The Empire Strikes Back. My mind was blown. However, with each subsequent reviewing, I felt like I was being manipulated. I mean, think about it. In the last hour, think of all the extremely emotional things that happen. They’re trying too hard. I cried like a baby the first, and second time. But now the pathos is just so heavy that I can’t believe it’s really happening. Look at Up for example. Everything is so downplayed with the quiet music and real emotion that you can feel. Subtlety. We need more subtlety in film. TS3 is definitely not a film I like to rewatch. I try to remember it by that first, special viewing. My innocent viewing.

While many here and everywhere would consider it ridiculously inferior to TS3, I really like Brave. I do. There is a lot of suubtlety in the emotional scenes. And they don’t horribly outweigh the comedic scenes. I’m not a fan of comedy. I’m not. But TS3 is like a funeral to me when I re watch it.

Spirit: I see, that makes sense. I usually combine the enjoyment and the quality into one to get my opinion of something. I don’t think it has to be called great or really good. I think that film is at least standard good, though. But there are some silly films I like to watch (not as good as Cars 2), but it’s not like I think they’re so good or anything, they just make me laugh like a goof.