Knick Knack

This is one of my favorite shorts. Brilliant!

My absolute favorite piece of Pixar merchandise…

MWazowski - Dang, where did you get that? It’s adorable.

– Mitch

Did anyone spot the Knick Knack snowman in WALL-E? I found it last night. Screenshot coming ASAP.

Manning - haha! Didn’t know there was one. Would assume it would be indeed a very, very small appearance… Screenshot please!

I’ll make a screenshot ASAP.

But if you want to find it yourself, it occurs during the “Eve comes back to WALL-E’s place” scene, and is during a shot where EVE occupies most of the frame. You can see the snowman’s head quite distinctly on a shelf behind her, at about her shoulder level. (It is only his head, the rest is obscured).

Knick Knack is my favorite short! It was so creative and that snowman was adorable.

And am ready to be on your desk.

[cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3DSelling](http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200352703942&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling)

Knick Knack was hilarious. Their best short. :laughing:

One of my favorites too (even though I’m not a big Bobby McFerrin fan)…

This is one of their better shorts, I love how everyone involved made a souvenir, and the cameo in Up is pretty cool, but pretty hard to catch.

ffdude1906: dude, really? when? [and yeah, i’m asking about the cameo.]

Oh! hehe, the Knick Knack cameo in Up is when [spoil]Carl is buying the tickets to go to paradise falls in the silent opening sequence, slightly to the right of the receptionist handing him the tickets, there’s a brochure with the hot lady from Knick Knack on it.[/spoil] Pretty cool, really, and it only lasts about 2-3 seconds

This is basically what happened: John Lasseter (who directed the short) has had a lot more kids since this short was last made and felt that he would be crossing the line now as a father with the kind of things he wanted them to be seeing in his work, so when the short was re-released with Finding Nemo he had them go back in and remove them. Some people think Disney made them change it, but it was actually something he chose to do himself. [url]pixartalk.com

I also like to think that the reason for having them may have been because Who Framed Roger Rabbit came out at that time, which helped create a sort of renaissance for animation, and since John was going for a cartoonish type of short he may have been influenced by the success of that film by having a Jessica Rabbit style character. That’s my guess.

Anyway, I love Knick Knack! It’s easily my favorite Pixar short cause of that old school cartoony feeling that it has, and I seem to appreciate the old pre-Toy Story shorts of theirs more just cause of how limited they were.

Just dropping my 2p on Knick Knack.

I found it to be a nice, funny short. Very entertaining for what it does, give viewers a good chuckle before the main feature. I saw it before Finding Nemo in cinemas (Haven’t seen the 3D version of the short. From what I heard, it’s essentialy a 3D version of the short before Finding Nemo. Funnily, this began as a 3D short)

Did they ever release the song that was used in this short? Its very catchy.

It is catchy. I never thought, but that would be a fun one to have on my MP3. Maybe I can record it :slight_smile:

Knick Knack is in my top 5 Pixar shorts.

Knick Knack is so much fun. By the time it ends, you realize you quite enjoyed it. I hope to see the 3D version one day. Maybe it will be with Finding Nemo 3D? Anyway, it’s a great fit with that film, just like pretty much all other Pixar feature-short pairings.

I’ve caught the cameos in Toy Story (book), Toy Story 2 (TV), Finding Nemo (water effect), Cars (snow globe), and Up (brochure).

I’d actually like to see this in 3D, that’s a good idea LQ!