La Luna

Have y’all seen this? It’s a pretty neat interview with the creator/director of “La Luna.” I enjoyed the short clip at the end, too. It looks like something I’ll like.

slashfilm.com/qa-pixar-short-film/

That was a very enjoyable and interesting interview ^^! Thanks for posting it.

Wonder when this film takes place. From how they look and are dressed, it looks like 1920s or so.

Thank you so much for that interview! I loved the artwork. And I liked reading about the process of how you get to direct a film. I wondered that, and the process of choosing is more informal than I thought!

Ah, I can hardly wait to see this short. We did the music for it during the “Cars 2” sessions, but I never got to see it all the way through.

Anyway, the reason for this post was a short article I noticed about La Luna in today’s LA Times.

For those interested, check it out:
“Oscar shorts: Pixar takes on new poetic tone with ‘La Luna’”
latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/ … -luna.html

La Luna got a nomination for Best Animated Short :slight_smile:. After Cars 2’s disappointment i’d love to see this win :slight_smile:

Me too. My biggest disappointment is that they didn’t release this one instead of Hawaiian Vacation with Cars 2.

Hmm, same, but surely it’ll be attached to Brave?

Yes, it’s been confirmed.

But as La Luna was already done by when Cars 2 was released (and as didn’t like Hawaiian Vacation at all), I’m wishing it was used instead.

Yeah, I’m pretty happy about the nominations.

Isn’t La Luna supposed to be Pixar’s longest short to date?

Yes, why?

Just wanted to make sure. I heard something about it months back but just wasn’t sure if it was correc.t.

Well, that’s what has been reported, so you’re correct.

I welcome this longer efforts.

7 minutes, or something? I can’t wait til August to see it! The animation looks beautiful.

I agree. The little moon shapes for the boy’s eyes look cool.

He’s adorable! :mrgreen:

Yep. Loved the character designs.

I think this is going to be a really good short.

Same here. It’ll be quite a pleasure to see it before Brave.