La Luna

I’m really hoping that both La Luna and Brave are fantastic and pull people away from this perception that Pixar are selling out and losing their creativity. We really need another WALL-E or Up right now, rather than another Cars 2

That’s quite true^^.

I agree. That was arguably a great couple years for Pixar with trying out new things for computer animation and creative films.

I was worried after the first Cars, but it was followed by four of their best films.

If we get four more films like those after Cars 2, I don’t care about anything else.

In the hope that Pixar History repeats! :mrgreen:

Just like how they say “History repeats its self.”

It would be interesting if Pixar have four more great films and then a flop. :laughing:

Meh. I’d rather them make great films for many years to come but their might be another film down the road that could be poorly recieved.

I would too^^, but it would just be very coincidental if that happened.

Yeah, it would. Pixar can’t be perfect forever. And Cars 2 being the first flop is better now then later.

Pixar will have another flop too, it’s common sense. Hopely not for a while now so people start to lose faith in them.

Yep. It would only make it worse for Pixar’s track record if Brave were to be a flop.

Put it this way, it took Pixar 25 years to make a not so good film :slight_smile: .
Of course they will flop again. It’s called being a major studio with several products. I feel bad for DreamWorks-I think they get an awful lot of stick for their not so good films, and their better films tend to get pushed aside after the Oscars, never to be bought up again until the inevitable sequel comes out. Yet there is no doubt about it that the people who work on these films are incredibly talented and hardworking.

I know what you mean^^, but it’s hard when there are other competitors who are probably better at making films.

I’m just as stoaked to see this as I am to see Brave.

I feel the same way^^.

now that I’ve seen the clip I can say I think this looks cute! I really wanna see this short now :smiley:

I’m actually more excited about this one than brave because this is such a great story (very recognizable, apart from climbing on a moon) and I love the setting.

Same here.

As a lot of people here know (and some have criticised), we have serious doubts about Brave. I hope we’re proved wrong, but the marketing hasn’t shown anything amazing about this one, and I’m personally getting a distinct un-Pixar-like feeling from what we’ve seen so far.

Of course, we all know how misleading marketing can be, and the film can still surprise me. Still, there are things that we definitely know will be in the film, and that I don’t think are commendable.

Also, because Disney executives are so ***** in my country, we’ll have to wait several months to finally watch it, so they’ve killed a great part of the anticipation. I hate them.

La Luna, on its part, feels like a classic Pixar quality product all around, and I’m looking forward to it very much.

Hopefully, we’ll be getting these awesome original short films with al upcoming Pixar pictures, and they’ve learned the lesson of not to include horrible feature-based shorts a la Hawaiian Vacation in theatrical releases, just home video and, maybe, films not produced by Pixar (like they did with The Muppets)

I agree with the muppets part, because toy story isn’t something you put in front of the muppets.
I think Brave eventually will be a great movie after all. Because I saw a whole bunch of trailers of different movies I thought would be stupid, but it turned out it was a nice movie after all.

A bit different is the new movie Wreck it ralph, first I thought (without knowing the story) this was a christmas movie. (just because of the name ralph) and amateurish because of the pixelated logo, but know iv’e seen the trailer and know the story I accept it more and maybe I will watch it. Not saying anything about Prep and landing because the logo is awful not to speak about the film.

Also nowadays there is allot more competition in animation, and kids want more and more. So the iconic feeling (I got) from toy story I don’t get with animation movies these days. because there are so many you can not focus on one because the next one is already in theaters

The toy story shorts are dubious for me because, of course I want to see as much from toy story as possible, but I think that with these memorable movies you shouldn’t keep on producing shorts even though it is one of the most beloved animation movies ever made. What’s the point of making a toy story short (half film) in 2014 the kids by than think toy story is a series of shorts, and not a sequel of the mother :laughing: of 3d animation.

What I AM looking forward to is Paperman, disney’s upcoming short. It looks so beautiful and subtle.

Where are you from Spirit? because over here it only takes another month before I can watch it.