Least Favorite Disney Villains

Exactly.

To me, Frollo is the best thing a villain can be, but we can respect each other’s opinions.

I too find Ratclffe really dull.

As much as I love WALL-E, I think Auto is a really duff villian. In fact, he was barely even a villian. There was no need for one; his presence wasn’t really needed imo.

As I recently said in another board, I really like AUTO. And yes, he wasn’t technically a villain.

Films don’t NEED a villain, just antagonism.

I thought Auto was really cool!

I’m pretty sure Auto is based of HAL. It’s the bad guy of 2001 A Space Odyssey.

Yes, it’s one of the many homages to that film on WALL·E. Even one of the helmets is on the captain’s quarters.

No to forget that the cockroach is actually called Hal.

2001 is awesome, and all the references make me love Wall-E even more than I do anyway. <3

And let’s not forget 2001’s theme that was played when the Captain overthrew Auto. 8D

Yes. It seems like that theme has been played in an awful lot of movies now. Our percussion section in band even did a show based on that one theme. 8D

Well, remember that it actually isn’t a theme from 2001, because the film didn’t have exactly an original soundtrack, but used existing classical music.

That specific piece is Also Sprach Zarathustra, from Strauss, and was already pretty popular before 2001.

Oh, well, I didn’t know that. Was it at least the first movie to use that piece? :slight_smile:

Don’t know. Probably.

2001 certainly was the one who made the most famous use.

Well, I think(feel free to correct me) that other movies were referring to 2001 when using it. That’s all I know. But that’s pretty awesome that all its music was pre-existing.

I knew Blue Danube was pre-existing. I always liked that song. :sunglasses:

Kubrick used pre-existing music because: “However good our best film composers may be, they are not a Beethoven, a Mozart or a Brahms. Why use music which is less good when there is such a multitude of great orchestral music available from the past and from our own time?”

Also, Kubrick was famous because he edited the scenes according to the piece of music he had chosen for it.

Wow, that’s awesome!! I love Stanley Kubrick, and I didn’t know any of this.

You guys still talking about 2001? Look what I started. 8D

Sorry. :unamused: It’s a fun movie to talk about.

True.

I like to see the things they got right and wrong.

Dr. Facilier is a good villain. Not my favorite, but he’s good.