LEGO Bunny - Toy Story of Terror

Great job Doombuggy! Thank you for sharing the build for LEGO Bunny, I’m sure we’ll all appreciate the time put in to make him perfect when we try our own builds.

Sad this project never got going. Anyone want to build me one?

Awesome pictures Doombuggy! But does anyone know all of the lego pieces names? I am on Pick-A-Brick-Lego-Shop website and not all of the legos are on it. Can someone please provide the lego pieces names for these pictures? Thank you so very much!

Yeah, Pick-a-Brick isn’t great in fact for this project, it lacks a lot of the necessary pieces.

Bricklink is your very best bet for going in to find all those rarer pieces. Ebay is good too but generally more expensive.

I’ll have to post an inventory list in due course, my LEGO Bunny is currently at home elsewhere so I can’t do a breakdown but here are a few key phrases you want to be searching for:

Yellow (duh)
Convex
Slope
Wedge
Inverted
n x n (where n represents a stud heigh and width)
Plate
Bracket

That should tide you over some for some of the more difficult pieces until I get a full inventory up. If you have any specific trouble naming an individual piece let me know. :slight_smile:

Glad to see some renewed interest in this thread. Has anyone tackled the ladder, cube or stairs formations? Or does anyone know if Toy Story of Terror has been released anywhere on blu-ray or in high-definition? it’d make some of the variations much easier to make out.

Peeron is also a helpful resource when it comes to locating parts.

Hi guys!

New LEGO Bunny updates!

I know many of us have completed our replicas, but it’s always nice to see new information concerning our favourite yellow rabbit. I haven’t got my model to hand, but these images from the Toy Story of Terror Blu-ray special features (source) might be of assistance to perfectionists or those with issues concerning certain parts of the construction process or bricks used, especially in regards to the tail.

MacLane with the physical, brick built LEGO Bunny.

The computer-generated version of LEGO Bunny, rendered on the monitor.

High-res detailing of the head of the master CG version of LEGO Bunny.

High-res detailing of the rear and tail of the master CG version of LEGO Bunny.

High-res detailing of the haunch and foot of the master CG version of LEGO Bunny.

Some nice imagery there! Perfectionists can even get the orientation of the LEGO logo the correct way up on the tail. And the video linked above is worth a watch, despite it being only a clip (there is some nice Combat Carl stuff there too :wink: ). I for one will definitely be getting the Blu-ray release on the 19th August.

For those asking me for a parts break-down of my own LEGO Bunny, unfortunately it’s with my Toy Story collection at my parents house, many hours away. I would be happy to do a parts ref when I have it in hand again, but with all the found reference imagery now available it might be fun to give it a try yourselves.

Any input on the above images and how (if?) it improves our knowledge of this replica would be welcome. Enjoy!

I know I’m years late to this discussion but in hopes someone receives an email notification about this, I was hoping there might be more detailed instructions on how to make this. I see the Cuusoo project never passed so I thought maybe now people would share more directions.