Lifted

I’m really surprised that they’ve even made Lifted plushies! And yeah, that’s a point- we don’t actually see Stu’s bottom half. I’ve never thought about that. :laughing: Thanks for the link, martini. :smiley:

I saw this on my DVD when I bought the Pixar Short Films, and it’s so funny. I like when their trying to take the guy at first and then they try to take him out the window and he bangs into the wall. LOL

I think when the human started bouncing around the house was one of the funniest parts.

:laugh: :laughing: 8D

Awesome, dude! 8D

Boy, do I want that farmer’s sleeping pills

Haha, yes please!

What I found was the greatest experience of the flick was the way the music interacted. The music was so well done that I was convinced that the UFO was flying away forever under the command of Stu. I (for one) was actually extremely surprised when it dropped on the house.

But maybe I’m just not too bright :wink:

I bet the farmer was feeling totally sore or numb when he woke up. How can he go thorugh theat without a scratch?

Well, he woke up screaming, that’s for sure.

And I’m sure the supervisor alien flipped the “heal all wounds” switch at some point during that impressive display of UFO controlling.

So did anyone else see the similarity between the aliens in “Lifted” and Pixar’s original designs for the humans in WALL-E?

Le_chocolat:Yeah, sorta like blobby things.

Lifted was a really funny short. Sometimes I feel like that alien (Stu, right?) during a sudden pop quiz; like I want to start yelling because it’s so difficult to tell which is which. :laughing:

I’m sure many have noticed it before already, but to me, the farmer kinda looks like Linguini. Must be the hair.

I laughed a few times when I first watched it. I kinda felt sorry for Stu, but it was sure funny to watch him messed up. Sorry, Stu. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and of course, I was equally surprised when the ship dropped on the house. Heh, silly farmer.

yah
i love that part
da–dadada—dadadadaaaaaa—WHOMP!!! ROFLOL

oh
man that is good. And then poor stu wakes up to his alarm clock and falls down into the hole
ahhhhhh
Thump!

[size=34](Hmm
maybe i should get into the audio posting business)[/size]

That he did, I read on a page that it was the same model, but I can’t remember where I heard it.

I’m really amazed on Gary Rydstrom’s directing debut here. I can’t wait for his featured directed film Newt. Definitely my best short film from Pixar.

I think this short was amazing!

I like how they had it set up like it was a driving exam or something of that taste. Brilliant.

My favorite part was probably the end, when the little dood crashed the UFO into the ground and then it takes off, and the only peice of land left standing is the little platform with the buy laying in his bed, lol

Good stuff! :slight_smile:

not my favorite short, but pretty funny. Yeah the aliens do look like the concepts for humans in WALL-E. And I can see the Linguini resemblance too. I totally saw the ship coming down on the house before it happened, but I didn’t anticipate the bed just sitting there. You feel sorry for the little one when there are millions of these buttons and he just guesses wrong.

My guess is the man was sedated or something before they were going to extract him.

Awesome short! It’s definetly on my top 3.
very very funny! :smiley:

Lifted is one of my favorite Pixar Shorts :stuck_out_tongue: it was/is hilarious. Plot setup and lack of talking was pretty well crafted too. :astonished:

I think it was awesome, and the Wilhelm scream at the end made it complete! :smiley: I only noticed it the second time though :stuck_out_tongue:

Can I just ask something? I live in the UK and LIFTED isn’t available in the iTunes Store as a short film :frowning: It is in the US Store but not the UK one :frowning:

Anyone know why?

I loved it–and, the human apparently IS Linguini–well, from what I guessed. The plot sounds amazing too