Lifted

Well, it would be appropriate that they used a sound from a Mac. :wink:

I think the reason that we thought it was from Pong, was because of[spoil] the red circle/Linguini bouncing around the room, like a game of table tennis.[/spoil]

On the Wikipedia article on Lifted it says the sounds is called the “Hero” alert from Apple Mac OS X computers.

martini833 - Ohh, I see. Cool! Once again, thanks for the information. :wink:

– Mitch

That’s neat. If I remember correctly, their doing the same thing on Wall-E, this time using the start-up chime. :sunglasses:

I’m pretty sure that chime was also used in an episode of Futurama. But thanks. I’ll keep an ear out for it in WALL-E.

In the Lifted commentary Rydstrom calls the Linguini-like human ‘‘Ernie’’, and points out Tinny from Tin Toy under Ernies bed.

I always thought the guy was Linguini, but I think they have different hair. Why does Lifted get a commentary and Ratatouille doesn’t?!

I remain convinced that Lifted was created solely to confound us. That guy and Linguini must be distant relatives. And by distant relatives I mean THE EXACT SAME PERSON THANKS PIXAR I WAS CONFUSED FOR LIKE HALF AN HOUR IN THAT THEATER

Heheh. Well, I heard that Linguini was changed quite late in production and the person in Lifted is an earlier model of him.

This is from Pixar Short Films Collection.

I actually eventually assumed it wasn’t him by the comically primitive logic that Lifted involves aliens and Ratatouille does not, thus they are two different entities. So yeah, two different people, but it’s still weird to watch. They even kinda sound similar.

We didn’t even get a good front shot of his face either. But come on, it’s not like there are a million people in the world with a profile like that.

Really? Cool! I didn’t know there was a commentary. Well, at least the short films alone + the commentaries will keep me occupied for a while, in light of Ratatouille’s DVD treatment.

lol, look at these plushes photographed by Enrico Casarosa :smiley:

LOL that’s so funny! 8D

Are they for sale?

The plushies have tags attached, but you’ll most likely find these only in Pixar’s gift shop. Wild guess, though.

~~=oP

Awww, those are really cute plushies.

Those are so cool! I’m going to agree with PV and say that they where freebies at Pixar. But it would be awesome to have a Mr. B.!

I don’t think Pixar has a gift shop
 At least they didn’t when I was there. They had this rack of Pixar t-shirts out by the front door, and I was going to get one, but we found out that rack wasn’t supposed to be out there and I was like: :frowning: Dang.

I recently posted on the blog about Empire Online’s exclusive video tour of the studio, and I found the first paragraph on the page intriguing:

“Invites to Pixar’s Emeryville, California headquarters are few and far between, so when we received one at Empire Towers there was much excitement, not to mention requests for toys from the gift shop.”

:wink:

~~=oP