Lifted

Le_chocolat:Yeah, sorta like blobby things.

Lifted was a really funny short. Sometimes I feel like that alien (Stu, right?) during a sudden pop quiz; like I want to start yelling because it’s so difficult to tell which is which. :laughing:

I’m sure many have noticed it before already, but to me, the farmer kinda looks like Linguini. Must be the hair.

I laughed a few times when I first watched it. I kinda felt sorry for Stu, but it was sure funny to watch him messed up. Sorry, Stu. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and of course, I was equally surprised when the ship dropped on the house. Heh, silly farmer.

yah
i love that part
da–dadada—dadadadaaaaaa—WHOMP!!! ROFLOL

oh
man that is good. And then poor stu wakes up to his alarm clock and falls down into the hole
ahhhhhh
Thump!

[size=34](Hmm
maybe i should get into the audio posting business)[/size]

That he did, I read on a page that it was the same model, but I can’t remember where I heard it.

I’m really amazed on Gary Rydstrom’s directing debut here. I can’t wait for his featured directed film Newt. Definitely my best short film from Pixar.

I think this short was amazing!

I like how they had it set up like it was a driving exam or something of that taste. Brilliant.

My favorite part was probably the end, when the little dood crashed the UFO into the ground and then it takes off, and the only peice of land left standing is the little platform with the buy laying in his bed, lol

Good stuff! :slight_smile:

not my favorite short, but pretty funny. Yeah the aliens do look like the concepts for humans in WALL-E. And I can see the Linguini resemblance too. I totally saw the ship coming down on the house before it happened, but I didn’t anticipate the bed just sitting there. You feel sorry for the little one when there are millions of these buttons and he just guesses wrong.

My guess is the man was sedated or something before they were going to extract him.

Awesome short! It’s definetly on my top 3.
very very funny! :smiley:

Lifted is one of my favorite Pixar Shorts :stuck_out_tongue: it was/is hilarious. Plot setup and lack of talking was pretty well crafted too. :astonished:

I think it was awesome, and the Wilhelm scream at the end made it complete! :smiley: I only noticed it the second time though :stuck_out_tongue:

Can I just ask something? I live in the UK and LIFTED isn’t available in the iTunes Store as a short film :frowning: It is in the US Store but not the UK one :frowning:

Anyone know why?

I loved it–and, the human apparently IS Linguini–well, from what I guessed. The plot sounds amazing too

Haha while I was watching Ratatouille I was like “Hmm, Linguini looks familier
”

Or Linguini’s related to that guy.

Twins! No, seriously, I’m sure they used Linguini’s model for the short. :slight_smile:

Linguini has a twin in a random place in the Midwest! :slight_smile:

So GLAD to know that Lifted’s Director, Gary Rydstrom, is working on the new Toy Story Short (chair director), can’t wait to listen to its audio commentaries during the process of the short film

will he hide any NEWT easter egg???.. I do hope

I think the human in Lifted was an early version of Linguini’s model. Funny story: when I saw this short in theaters with Ratatouille in '07, I didn’t realize the short and film were completely separate and that it was Linguini, and was wondering if his mom died in the story because of the UFO in Lifted. 8D

^ That’s awesome. 8D I thought it was the same model, but it never occured to me that it may have been the same character.

I say his mother was born French, had an affair with some guy from Kansas behind Gusteau’s back and during her trip home to Paris, she secretly gave birth and raised the kid without Gusteau knowing. After Gusteau’s death, with her death soon following, she hid the child somewhere in the rural Midwest, wrote a secret letter and ran back to her house to die in peace, but not without guilt for her affair. Skinner found the letter years later (in his office) but only read the parts about Linguini inheriting Gusteau’s, forgetting to read the bottom halfs about his brother. Linguini would do the same, thereby ensuring his dead mother got away with it and he never found out. The UFO short was from an alien adult reliving his childhood, entrusted in capturing Linguini’s brother.

catch my drift? Or is it too confusing? :wink: